To eGo-T or not

Status
Not open for further replies.

wtayo2

Mar 5, 2015
Central Fl
Started vaping with a starter kit that included a CE4 atty, a 900 eGo-T batt, and a usb type charger. I like the cylinderical type batt but am not happy with the brand I have, which is no-brand, no insignias, labels or anything to id who made the batt. The price was unbelievable less than 10 USD, so I bought one kit and then quickly got 4 more. I have already gone through one batt, completely dead, and a second is starting to give me issues.

Looking around the web I see that many manufacturers make a cylinderical ego type battery, I am at a loss trying to decide the one to try next. I do not want a fat cylinder in my hand , the same diameter as the no-name eGo-T would be perfect. Pretty much same diameter as CE4 atty
I see out there Kangertech, joyetech, Vision, Aspire, innokin, Smoktech. Want just a simple reliable batt, no VV or VW.
Anyone have any suggestion or experience with a name brand???

Last edited:

Semiretired

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2011
Middle Georgia
Joyetech, Kangertech and Aspire are the three that I am the most familiar with that have lasted many a folk quite a long time... Look out for proprietary parts with some of the Joyetech stuff. Just make sure that have either Ego or 510 threads and that the CE or whatever you are going to use with them are compatible and upgradeable if you ever decide to...

tehmidcap

Verified Member
Mar 13, 2015
PA
Coming from someone that used egos for two years, my personal recommendation (if you know you like vaping and are planning to vape regularly for the foreseeable future) is to ditch the ego and CE4s and upgrade to something that will not only last you longer but will provide a much more satisfying vaping experience. Especially the CE4s, they are what I first started with (a Buck Naked starter kit, actually) and trust me, when you use your first bottom coil tank you'll never look back (you can even get a lot of ego starter kits that have ARO tanks and stuff like that which I feel are at least a step up from CE4).

I used Smok and Vision for most of that two years and the quality seemed inconsistent. I have two 900mah winders that are still alive after at least a year or so but I also bought a lot of other ones that only lasted me a couple month. eMax / T-Dux Kits That's basically what I was using up until about a month ago, and I was fairly happy with it (those clearos work decently for the price -- and if you don't need the charger and the case you can buy the ego and the t-dux clearo there for about $20 buying individually).

But now that I'm using an IStick 50w and a Kanger Subtank my vaping went from a 5/10 level of pleasure to a 10/10, I'll just say that. If you weren't so sold on the shape of the ego I would just recommend getting a 30w IStick and a Protank/Aerotank or something similar.

wtayo2

Mar 5, 2015
Central Fl
tehmidcap,
you are right about the path I am growing on, the ce4s are long gone and I am using Kangertech mini pro tank 2 and also a mini protank 111, 2 of each and they are all glass tanks, for a slightly bigger supply of juice I got a Kangertech AeroTank also glass. My local vape shop sold me a used iTaste MVP 2.0 and I am on the fence if I like the feel in my hand. Performance wise it is head and shoulders above the eGo-Ts, so I am carrying it more and more. I did see the IStick 30W in the shop and noticed the size difference. I didn't get it at the time because the used MVP was less than half the price of the IStick and so far, a month in, it is working fine.
Did a lot of roaming on the forum and see a number of issues concerning the eGo type batteries, kind of makes me think that may not be the right choice no matter how they feel in my hand. Momma did not raise a fool so I put an IStick 50W on order yesterday, should go great with my bottom dual coil tanks. Ordered the 50W cause I also ordered the Kanger sub-ohm Nano. Clouds here I come.

Thanks for the advice and experience.

fairweasel2323

ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2011
Marion, OH
You will not be disappointed. The Istick 50w and the Subtanks are both performance beasts for the size/convenience/price. The IStick feels very comfortable and natural in your hand, although it doesn't feel anything like holding a cigarette.

Hes a noob and dont need to jump into sub ohms yet! Stick with getting the actual Joye Ego-t which is what that battery is clone of. I love my EVOD 650mah ego batt, and was using the EVOD BCCs for years now I would recomend those or for better taste and longer life look into the Pro Tank 2 or the Pro Tank 2 mini depending on the size you want and a nice EVOD battery or go with the EVOD Twist thats VV or the Joye or Spinner VV on the Pro Tank 2. I also have been using the 2.2 heads but the Pro Tank in many cases will come with the 2.5ohm great prices at MtNakerVapor.com use vaporfrombaker in the coupon code box to get 10% off order.. I really like the Kangertech especially the EVOD :)

smkfree

ECF Veteran
Nov 9, 2014
oak lawn il
My back-up batteries and for out and about are all 1100mah Ce4/5"s. No brand off Ebay for less then $5.00 each shipped. I consider them disposable and have some that have lasted over 8 months. It is hit or miss. I chain vape and use Kanger T3s tanks that are bottom coil with replacement coils. At home I use and Istick 50w that is 4400mah.

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
I know I can get an istick or anything else, but for me "hand-feel" of an evod 650 or joyetech 650 is just perfect. I use Kanger T3s, or Evod single coils low resistance clearomizers and am happy as a clam. I just can't do bigger ecigs than this, even after 3 years and owning just about ......everything. :) I have a little pocket on my purse that gives me outside access to them, anything bigger just takes up too much room for out and about.

Reactions: nicnik
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread