Tried a WTA Competitor.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Freefall_Doug

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
The logic eludes me as to why they're not giving their batches a sniff test before bottling. I've mentioned as much before and considering it's an issue that they've been fighting for some time, it seems only reasonable that they shouldn't be letting affected product reach customers.

I actually headed over to their thread after learning that they were replacing batches. Good customer service at least, even if it doesn't shout quality control. I think this may motivate them to bring that up to speed.

They have some technical talk about reclaiming solvents, and distillation and the impacts of azetrophs (sp?). I would love to read up more on it, but it has been a long time since high school chemistry, and public accounting doesn't leave a ton of extra time to hit the chemistry books again.

I do have to give them credit at least for offering to replace a bottle that I ordered back in November no questions asked.

Banana Vap70

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 11, 2014
AZ, USA
I actually headed over to their thread after learning that they were replacing batches. Good customer service at least, even if it doesn't shout quality control. I think this may motivate them to bring that up to speed.

They have some technical talk about reclaiming solvents, and distillation and the impacts of azetrophs (sp?). I would love to read up more on it, but it has been a long time since high school chemistry, and public accounting doesn't leave a ton of extra time to hit the chemistry books again.

I do have to give them credit at least for offering to replace a bottle that I ordered back in November no questions asked.

Back in November??? I just got mine, now that's a long time to have issues and not get them resolved. Maybe mine was from this older batch, not sure. I'm going to check about replacement and see what happens. Keep me posted when you get yours and let me know what your thoughts are.

Freefall_Doug

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
From the sounds of their post it was cyclical, because it built up as they distilled and then reused a portion of their solvent.

So they may have had a few batches with no issues, then an off batch, and then solvent was completely replaced, and they would go back to having good batches. That could explain how it wasn't noticed?

I don't think they have been consistently providing off products since November, we would have heard more of an uproar.

snork

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 30, 2011
CO
From the sounds of their post it was cyclical, because it built up as they distilled and then reused a portion of their solvent.

So they may have had a few batches with no issues, then an off batch, and then solvent was completely replaced, and they would go back to having good batches. That could explain how it wasn't noticed?

I don't think they have been consistently providing off products since November, we would have heard more of an uproar.
Nah, you only get an uproar when you can't buy something the minute you want to buy it at the price you want to pay. :D

Banana Vap70

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 11, 2014
AZ, USA

Well I have to agree with DVap in that a smell test would have without a doubt detected this and keep in mind that olderthandirt had his replaced and got more of the same, however I'm of the mind that they deserve at least a fair shake and will give them that opportunity. I am acutely aware that taste is subjective and there is the possibility that I just won't care for it, but to me that is different. Had he not actually addressed this, then I would have just let it go, but would never order again for fear of more of the same. Also if asked, I would have to tell someone my honest option, which would be unflattering and if in fact this happens to be a fluke, then un fair in a way, if it were to dissuade someone from trying their product when in fact they could end up loving it had they ever tried it. I guess, IDK.

radiokaos

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
www.aromaejuice.com
If I ever catch Jerry letting a known problem out the door either intentionally or through inattention, I'll slice him into Radio-Kabobs.

That will never happen. In fact I'm sitting on couple gallons of WTA just because I thought it was not good enough for my taste buds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PLANofMAN

Signature Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2012
Woodburn, OR
That needed another 100 ;) 's. You know as well as I do that Jerry's standards are way to high for a Aroma outlet with WTA blem's lol!

I know that...but what the heck is he supposed to do with gallons of WTA he can't sell? I mean that represents a lot of time in the lab. You should call up WholeE and find out if they want to whole(giggle)sale some WTA. :p

Banana Vap70

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 11, 2014
AZ, USA
I know that...but what the heck is he supposed to do with gallons of WTA he can't sell? I mean that represents a lot of time in the lab. You should call up WholeE and find out if they want to whole(giggle)sale some WTA. :p

:laugh: That's what I was thinking, but I didn't think I should say it out loud.

Banana Vap70

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 11, 2014
AZ, USA
I will report back if I get a shipping number and new product. I sent them a PM late last week, no response, but it is only Tuesday.

I got a shipping notice from WC on my replacement order, must be stuck somewhere however as it indicates that it should have been delivered yesterday and it's still not here. I must say however I am very content with what I have from Aroma, so I'm not to concerned either way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread