USPS Shipment Tracking Issues?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fretplayer20

ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2013
Mobile, AL
So recently I have run into this issue with a shipment through Singapore Post (SGP). I had to use SGP due to ordering a meter with a built in battery. :( So the last update I got on the package was on November 16 on the SGP tracking website shows "Despatched to overseas - Country Code US". Traditionally, this means in a few days I can track through USPS. So pretty much on queue two days later when I search my tracking number on USPS' site, rather than getting "NOT FOUND", I am receiving this .... In great big orange letters "ALERT" with the following text: USPS Tracking™ is unavailable for this product for SINGAPORE

I tried to look this up on a couple of Google results I could find and there seems to be talk of two possibilities that people use with confidence. As far as I could tell this began on Nov 18.

1. USPS stopped supporting international tracking and this is permanent.
2. Something went haywire with the USPS backend and this is a temporary issue.

I don't particularly care for this shipment, but it would be nice to find some good info on this just to be informed. If anyone has any information they can share, please do so!

Thanks,

BraveNewWorld

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 18, 2014
Pennsylvania
My tracking from my local PO just stopped. It was tracked all the way from china, we received no mail yesterday. I'm bummed I'm still stalking the mailman. Usually it says out for delivery, <sigh> I dislike waiting for stuff that should have been delivered yesterday....it's sitting in a bin, around the corner since yesterday morning. I feel your pain....

fretplayer20

ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2013
Mobile, AL
Yeah, I think I read that you only get any tracking if you spend over $20 or something. Never cared to look at the number since I order well over $20 from FT to get the most I can with one shipment. You're both right though ... it's rare to get accurate tracking regardless if its free or paid (I've tried both), but I've always gotten at least something in the past, albeit sometimes only after it hits my door, but something. And in those times USPS always showed "NOT FOUND". This "ALERT" stuff seems new.

I assume this will sort itself out one way or the other. Like I said, not a huge deal for me, but would be nice to know if it's temporary or not. :p

fretplayer20

ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2013
Mobile, AL
My tracking from my local PO just stopped. It was tracked all the way from china, we received no mail yesterday. I'm bummed I'm still stalking the mailman. Usually it says out for delivery, <sigh> I dislike waiting for stuff that should have been delivered yesterday....it's sitting in a bin, around the corner since yesterday morning. I feel your pain....

lol. I hear you. I have no tracking, and know that it supposedly left China on the 16th, so every day on my hour drive home i'm looking forward to that split second of opening my mailbox and have nothing but disappointment to show for it so far. Maybe tonight will be the night. lol

bluecat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2012
Cincy
lol. I hear you. I have no tracking, and know that it supposedly left China on the 16th, so every day on my hour drive home i'm looking forward to that split second of opening my mailbox and have nothing but disappointment to show for it so far. Maybe tonight will be the night. lol

I had one from FT do that. No tracking. One day it was on my table waiting for me when I got home from work. I just never track anything. It is a nice little surprise. Reminds of when I was kid and bought a potato gun in the mail with nickels, pennies and some box tops. Then I realized I had to pay for postage too.

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
On the Singapore Post Tracking site there is a message that there will be no USPS tracking services.

USPS would have no reason to track anything on Singapore Post while in singapore.

If a package leaves the US, it goes thru customs in the other country, and at that point it is not in the hands of USPS anymore.

Once it makes it thru customs in a foreign country, and gets handed over to the United States Post Office system, then it will be tracked if that kind of tracking was paid for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread