Status
Not open for further replies.

Highwayman1224

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2012
Goodyear, AZ
Loving the vape from the Icon!! Simple 10 wrap dual coils of 22ga ni80.
a210ad2ca57013c51b84b388bfd4ae45.jpg

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

Don29palms

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2014
joshua tree, ca
the more I use it the more I'm liking mine lol.
I'm gonna stick with simple builds for now though. Any ideas for what might be the culprit for the heating issues with bigger builds?

I have my coils as close to the posts as possible and raised up so you can just see the bottom half of the coils through the air flow.

andreariana

Dec 29, 2015
indonesia
ive used it for 2 weeks , it is a meeehhhh rda for the hype
dont get me wrong, its not a bad rda, its just doesnt measured up with the way ppl praised and hyped up about it....

is it getting hot?
>yess, but so does my goon24 , my druga and my skill rda, thats bcause i always build for mech mod for those rda, around 0.11Ω ~ 0.15Ω
but when compare them side by side, the icon does get hot a little bit faster than the goon, just a tiny bit faster, not as dramatic as you thing

build ur coil close to the post, dont put ur coil waaayyyy too high, that might help
but the closer the coil to the airhole, usually always go hand in hand with better flavour, so.......

for me, is it better than the goon24?
>No, goon24 got a little better flavour, more denser flavour if i may say
and the goon24 more appealing to my eyes, especially with the colored caps.
but building on the icon is a breeze, snap ur finger, and its done..

will i get back to the icon?
>No, as long as i still hav my goon24 and my druga

is it worthed?
>for an authentic rda by mikevapes under $30, hell yeah it worth the money
>for the hype, No. (but if my friend made an RDA, i'll do the same, i'll hyped it up, i'll praised it, so its all fair and square, nothing wrong with it)

Don29palms

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2014
joshua tree, ca
ive used it for 2 weeks , it is a meeehhhh rda for the hype
dont get me wrong, its not a bad rda, its just doesnt measured up with the way ppl praised and hyped up about it....

is it getting hot?
>yess, but so does my goon24 , my druga and my skill rda, thats bcause i always build for mech mod for those rda, around 0.11Ω ~ 0.15Ω
but when compare them side by side, the icon does get hot a little bit faster than the goon, just a tiny bit faster, not as dramatic as you thing

build ur coil close to the post, dont put ur coil waaayyyy too high, that might help
but the closer the coil to the airhole, usually always go hand in hand with better flavour, so.......

for me, is it better than the goon24?
>No, goon24 got a little better flavour, more denser flavour if i may say
and the goon24 more appealing to my eyes, especially with the colored caps.
but building on the icon is a breeze, snap ur finger, and its done..

will i get back to the icon?
>No, as long as i still hav my goon24 and my druga

is it worthed?
>for an authentic rda by mikevapes under $30, hell yeah it worth the money
>for the hype, No. (but if my friend made an RDA, i'll do the same, i'll hyped it up, i'll praised it, so its all fair and square, nothing wrong with it)
Good thing there are many choices. I personally think it lives up to every bit of the hype. It really does shine on a squonk box.

Hightech Redneck

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2015
N C
I really like mine, despite some folks hating on it.
Yes my goon has a little more airflow, but imo the Icon's airflow when wide open is damn near perfect.
As with any rda your build and wicking matters alot.
With most in this thread loving theirs, if yours isn't performing ask for input from us.
I recommend this rda to all new or veteran vapers. Easy to build and great as a squonk rda.
Considering you can get 2 of these for the cost of one goon, pull the trigger.
New colors launching too.:2c::thumbs:

Sed8op8

ECF Veteran
Jan 6, 2016
@Sed8op8 you still using yours? Or has the shinyitis had you move on. :)
In a way yes in a way no..... I bought a SubZero shorty and was using my icon on it and now it is stuck on there. I have tried everything to get it off to no avail. My other issue is my build in it. Its low enough resistance for a mech but it's a 3x26gx38g Alien build which is fine but it's too much mass for a single 18650 mech. I was just testing the ramp up on the shorty and planned on swapping out the icon for something with lower mass(my favorite mech builds are 22g 316l or 22g n80 0.1-0.12 resistance) it's fine but I really don't won't to scrap the build in it and I prefer a Subzero24 RDA for the shorty due to the hybrid connection.

I have thrown a nice fatty single .12 framed n80 staple in the it and it was vaping fantastically

As far as flavor goes I actually think the Icon has better flavor then the Goon. Not by a huge margin but noticable to me.

If I could get my Icon off of my Shorty I would use it more. However I have been really enjoying the BMI Nova, AUGVAPE Druga,Kennedy Trickster, Innokin iRoar Eurus,Advken Gorge and Pandora by Psychosis. I also ordered the Goon v1.5

Hightech Redneck

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2015
N C
In a way yes in a way no..... I bought a SubZero shorty and was using my icon on it and now it is stuck on there. I have tried everything to get it off to no avail. My other issue is my build in it. Its low enough resistance for a mech but it's a 3x26gx38g Alien build which is fine but it's too much mass for a single 18650 mech. I was just testing the ramp up on the shorty and planned on swapping out the icon for something with lower mass(my favorite mech builds are 22g 316l or 22g n80 0.1-0.12 resistance) it's fine but I really don't won't to scrap the build in it and I prefer a Subzero24 RDA for the shorty due to the hybrid connection.

I have thrown a nice fatty single .12 framed n80 staple in the it and it was vaping fantastically

As far as flavor goes I actually think the Icon has better flavor then the Goon. Not by a huge margin but noticable to me.

If I could get my Icon off of my Shorty I would use it more. However I have been really enjoying the BMI Nova, AUGVAPE Druga,Kennedy Trickster, Innokin iRoar Eurus,Advken Gorge and Pandora by Psychosis. I also ordered the Goon v1.5
Do you have any rubber coated pliers? Maybe a washcloth between channel locks and the base?
Rubber coated pliers would avoid scratching the base.
Gently turning with a rod between the posts for leverage?
Just spit balling trying to give you some ideas. Hate to see an icon go to waste.;)

Edit, do you have the ceramic tweezers with the circular handle, I have used those to grip stuck atomizers.

eLicky

ECF Veteran
May 1, 2016
Sydney - Australia
I have ICON.

Overall its good value for money considering what's in the package.

The building deck is incredibly easy to use providing you have some experience, performance is quite good. Only thing I wish was they placed a little more airflow in the design, (slightly bigger air slots), RDA's like the Goon have more and will always stand in front of ICON just for this reason in my books.

Hightech Redneck

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2015
N C
I have ICON.

Overall its good value for money considering what's in the package.

The building deck is incredibly easy to use providing you have some experience, performance is quite good. Only thing I wish was they placed a little more airflow in the design, (slightly bigger air slots), RDA's like the Goon have more and will always stand in front of ICON just for this reason in my books.
Have to say, if you are simply cloud chasing you should look elsewhere. But if looking for good airflow and flavor with the right build, look no further. If you disagree show some legit reasons and we will disect I mean discuss them! As rip said this is one of the most well rounded rda's to date!

Hightech Redneck

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2015
N C
Have to say, if you are simply cloud chasing you should look elsewhere. But if looking for good airflow and flavor with the right build, look no further. If you disagree show some legit reasons and we will disect I mean discuss them! As rip said this is one of the most well rounded rda's to date!
I have to mention, don't post when drinking lol. I do really enjoy my icon though, and truth be told it is my go to squonk rda now.:toast:

Don29palms

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2014
joshua tree, ca

I have to agree. If you are looking for just something to quickly fog up the room probably not an Icon. That being said I love mine. My build is 316L ss 26g/36g fused claptons. The flavor is spot on and vapor is good. I can't put mine down since I got it. I've been using my Grapeberry Ice juice and it's amazing.

Hightech Redneck

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2015
N C
I have to agree. If you are looking for just something to quickly fog up the room probably not an Icon. That being said I love mine. My build is 316L ss 26g/36g fused claptons. The flavor is spot on and vapor is good. I can't put mine down since I got it. I've been using my Grapeberry Ice juice and it's amazing.
Works great on the Drone, right? :w00t::banana:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread