The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Vape/Analog Friendly Airports

Discussion in 'Travel and E-Cig' started by PTJD, Apr 24, 2009.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. PTJD

PTJD Vaping At FL370 Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Oct 20, 2008
    Malaga, Spain
    OK time to update.

We lost a few smoking rooms this year!

(PEK) Beijing: Smoking rooms all closed as of May 1st 2011
    (STL) St Louis: Went Non-smoking
    (MAD) Madrid: All smoking rooms closed this year.

(HND) Haneda Tokyo: Has great smoking rooms.
    (GVA) Geneva: Smoking rooms.

2. oldsoldier

oldsoldier Retired ECF Forum Manager Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Dec 17, 2010
    Lurking in the shadows
    Updated first post. Thanks for keeping us informed!

3. Camels2eGo

Camels2eGo Full Member

Jun 22, 2011
    Virginia, U.S.
    LAX, SFO, and HNL all make you go outside main terminal and go back through TSA. IAD the rooms are at the ends of what ever concourse your at. The smoking rooms at IAD are really bad they have years of build up from smokers. If you want to see how your lungs use to look like take a look. I did not see or find one at MCO but i just vaped in the mens room with no problems to speak of. Also, ATL you have to go to i think t.g.i. fridays upstairs and either pay for a drink at the bar or go to the smoking room at the back of the bar which has no windows but lots of air flow.

4. Eclipsed1770

Eclipsed1770 Senior Member ECF Veteran

Mar 22, 2011
    South Carolina
    I found a smoking room in ATL (Atlanta) Terminal B across from the Delta Sky Lounge. I was suprised it still existed.

5. PTJD

Supporting member
    Oct 20, 2008
    Malaga, Spain

Thanks but if you read the first page on this thread every concourse in Atlanta has smoking rooms.

6. light487

light487 Senior Member ECF Veteran

Oct 18, 2009
    Sydney, Australia
    All airport toilets: Can vape just like you smoked in highschool! :) hehe

No seriously... even in Shanghai earlier this year, I preferred to go to the bathroom and have a quick vape rather than go ALLLL THE WAY down the other end of the terminal into a disgusting, smoke filled room with the smokers. Since there is barely any frgrance, and you can almost blow plumes of vapour from one of the cubicles.. who's gonna know? No one of course. Also with the knowledge that I can vape on the plane, yes in the toilet too for those airlines that have banned it, I don't feel a very urgent need to vape through 10ml of juice before getting on the flight. :)

7. aland

aland Senior Member ECF Veteran

Aug 12, 2011
    NYC
    (SNN) Shannon Airport Ireland has an outdoor smoking area after security checkin.

8. PTJD

Supporting member
    Oct 20, 2008
    Malaga, Spain
  9. denali_41

denali_41 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 7, 2011
    Over Der
    anchorage,ak ..2 designated areas outside ,,
    taipei,several outside enclosed areas,,not exactly waterproof
    manila philippines,,the tinderbox..expected to at least buy something to drink or eat

10. PTJD

Supporting member
    Oct 20, 2008
    Malaga, Spain
    You sure about Taipei? Chiang Kai-Shek the main International was rebuilt a few years ago and when I was there 3 years ago it had smoking rooms inside. Now its been 15 years but Songshan which is almost down town for domestic flights may be outdoors?

11. DoctorRiboh

DoctorRiboh Senior Member ECF Veteran

Nov 5, 2011
    UK and Ireland
    I vaped discreetly both at Dublin airport and London Heathrow . I don't make a scene, if I feel too many people watch me I'll just go stand in the toilet.

12. zzooti

zzooti Senior Member ECF Veteran

Dec 3, 2011
    Brunswick, Maine
    Well, my question about Newark was answered, and I know that Continental has a no smoke/no vape policy, but what I've really been wondering about is the bathrooms on airplanes (one poster mentioned it but didn't elaborate) If I was to pop in and take just a couple of hits (like I do at work-shh!) would I be okay? Newark to Seattle leg is the longest of my upcoming trip, but no longer than my average work day so I know just a couple hits now and then will get me by.

13. Killjoy1

Killjoy1 Ω Destroyer Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Aug 15, 2011
    New Hampshire, US
    Just don't blow your vapor toward the smoke detector and you should be fine, I haven't done this myself but have heard of others doing so. Setting one of those off would be a very bad thing to do, the fines are astronomical

14. div

div Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 3, 2010
    So California
    at burbank airport, and I checked with at least 2 tsa peope and attendants...no prob vaping openly in the airport. generally I don't do this, indoors in public, but nice to do so since it's raining outside.. already had some questions what kind I have. I pointed them to ecf, lol.

15. lulu836

lulu836 Jambalya, crawfish pie, 'da filé gumbo Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 1, 2011
    Shreveport
    Three things: If you can get a window seat you can turn toward the window and vape discreetly
    If they have beverage service order coffee or hot tea, take a drag and pretendyou are blowing on the beverage
    to cool it
    If all else fails take a small drag and just hold your breath for about 5 seconds. Nothing to exhale then.

16. Jerethustra

Jerethustra Full Member

Feb 21, 2011
    Santiago, Chile
    SCL (Santiago, Chile) has designated smoking lounges. I haven't had any problems vaping here. I usually vape everywhere, but I usually exhale through my nose in non-smoking areas.

17. Jerethustra

Jerethustra Full Member

Feb 21, 2011
    Santiago, Chile
    I don't get this... how can water vapor set off a smoke alarm? Honestly, you should have no worries about setting off smoke alarms with e-cigs. I've blown vapor into smoke detectors many times and have vaped in airplane bathrooms many times, blowing the smoke out as I did with cigarettes. No problems here.

18. div

div Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 3, 2010
    So California
    denver airport...interesting. did ask TSA about vaping inside, and she did say there was a memo or something mentioned, but she didn't get a reply and said she doesn't see why not. But I didn't wind up doing any vaping inside since we were trying to get to our baggage. Once there...I needed to be outside...too many people and needed some space.

19. Shadow102

Shadow102 Super Member ECF Veteran

Aug 19, 2011
    Eastern Panhandle, WV
    Adding another airport for the list:

Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport (DCA) is totally vape friendly. Flew out Sunday morning and asked the TSA guys if any of the smoking terraces were beyond security, and there aren't. So I asked about using an e-cig in the terminal and they were like "sure you can use them anywhere here." I spent the hour before my flight boarded vapin clouds at gate 39.

20. Sea Wolf

Sea Wolf Ultra Member ECF Veteran

CPT (Cape Town, South Africa) Smoking lounge/bar downstairs in departure hall.
    WDH (Windhoek, Namibia) Large smoking area in departure hall.
    LAD (Luanda, Angola) Smoking room upstairs in departure area, behind restaurant.
    SDD (Lubango, Angola) Informal smoking area between bar and toilets.