Status
Not open for further replies.

PTJD

Vaping At FL370
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 20, 2008
Malaga, Spain
Are there any problems taking any brand of juice box through the airports, i can't afford to go anywhere but my daughter has atrip to NJ and wanted to see if the have been any issues.......sorry if wrong thread

Yeah, kinda OT here but. I have never taken a box mod thru security, some others have, sounds like your just going to see your daughter off at the airport. You should be fine, if for some reason they have any problems (which I don't think they will )have them hold it and pick it up after she departs.

Tober138

ECF Veteran
Jul 14, 2010
cHARLOTte, NC
Here's a good one for ya'all
Indianapolis, IN. - No smoking on airport property. Cops will even stop you while driving on access, entrance, and exit roads if you're smoking in your own car. $50.00 fine.

Go across the bridge from the terminal to the parking garage at IND and walk up the flight of stairs on your right. Behind a big, concrete column, there are a bunch of cig butts. Workers at IND smoke in this spot because it is a dead zone for the security cameras. ;)

txtumbleweed

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2009
Walla Walla
Portland airport they let you smoke at the very end with no cover in the rain but I vaped inside for several hours and nobody bothered me. Same with Seattle I was there for six hours and vaped all the time but smoking is only outside of baggage and a hassle to get back through security. I like to vape black with blue light penstyle when I travel. It just looks like a pen and not a cig.

turtle617

Nov 7, 2009
backstage
I travel for work -- I also vape EVERYWHERE! That's why I started in the first place....
I was just at MHT and vaped at the bar - in fact, I vape at every bar in every airport I'm at - so far at West Palm Beach, Atlanta, Philly, Washington (both), New York (both) San Fransisco, LA, San Diego, Chicago (both), Miami, Ft Laud, Boston, Portland Me, Orlando, Dallas, Houston, St. Louis... those are the ones at the top of my head - but not only do I vape at the bar, I vape at the gate (discretely of course)
btw, the bartender at New Orleans vapes - a few others do too, but he was the most friendly.

I also vape at hotel bars too - in the lobby, in the hallways - everywhere... and 9 times out of 10, service industry people have seen it and are ok with it or they are vapers themselves. If they haven't seen it, I educate them.

To top it off - this week I vaped in the hallways of my local courthouse during the breaks for jury duty. I figure if that sheriff deputy with a gun on their hip doesn't tell me to stop vaping, it must be ok:p

KissMint

ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2010
PA
(DFW) Dallas Fort Worth: One room in International First Class lounge
Is that discrimination? So if I don't spend a couple thousand dollars for my ticket, i can't smoke??

Suvarnabhumi airport in Bangkok, Thailand has lots of smoking rooms. But beware, they're all in the arrivals/transit section, so if you're waiting for a departure flight, you'll have to go back through security to get back into the Departures area.

There is a smoking room for international departure. I flew Thai Airways last time and I smoked my .... off before my flight to Frankfurt.

Guess I'll have to switch to Southwest. American has it posted on their website that e-cigarettes cannot be used on the aircraft because it interferes with their navigation system. What a bunch of bunk!

It should be allow to use at watever feet (10,000ft?) when people can use their ipod/walkman yada yada yada... like my PV will interfere with anything really... :facepalm:

Scottitude

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2010
Metro Detroit
scottitude.net
1 more

(DTW) Detroit has one place to smoke. The Fox sports bar. I had to order a $4 coke with a $2 tip to sit at a table and smoke. After coming off a 13hr flight to catch another 4hr flight home 6 bucks didn't seem like much to pay to get my "fix"...<snip>

FYI, The Detroit airport is now entirely non-smoking. I flew out of DTW this week and stopped into The Fox Sports Bar to grab a hassle-free vape and didn't see the customary ashtrays with upright matchbooks. Looked around and noticed a large "NO SMOKING" sign at the entrance.

I would imagine this means the Martini Bar in Terminal B has also gone non-smoking so DTW can be removed from the list.

Klute

ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2010
Colorado Springs
MSP - Minnesota Airport – Non Smoking
HINT – If you need an Analog or to go outside to Vape, go to the corridor between Terminal C & G and follow the signs to Parking. There is a security checkpoint in the middle. Walk out go immediately left down the stairs and you will be outside. Great little shaded area to Vape. This is where all the pilots and flight attendants go. Then walk back up there is never a line at this checkpoint. So easy. There is also a bis stop here if you have a 3 hour Plus Layover that goes to Mall of America… Enjoy…

PTJD

Vaping At FL370
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 20, 2008
Malaga, Spain
Barcelona - BCN - at terminal 1 past security is a large outdoor courtyard, in fact I think there may be more than one, where smoking is permitted.

Hello Space, I have not been to the new T-1 in BCN, good to hear there is a courtyard. Been in T-2 a few times and it is totally non-smoking.

MsOceanCity

ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2009
New Jersey
anyone know about ewr - newark or mco - orlando?

I fly out of Newark a few times a year and it's totally non-smoking/vaping inside terminal, but you can still smoke/vape outside, at the curb. Not sure on Orlando, but Miami is same as Newark, but you have to go a little further from the curb (middle lane) if you wan't to smoke. Personally, I've never had a problem vaping right outside and think it more hazzardous to your health to walk across that busy first lane of traffic!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread