Vaping and dehydration.

Status
Not open for further replies.

aland

ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2011
NYC
I know from experience in my couple of months of vaping and from reading posts, you need to drink a lot of water to keep your self hydrated. Just wondering what is it that dehydrates? Is it the nicotine, the pg/vg juices or the flavorings ? If I work my way down to 0 mg nicotine would dehydration still be an issue?

Thanks to all you wonderful helpful people on this forum

Alan

JD1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 20, 2010
KY
... Oh that reminds me, can you vape caffeine? ;)

lol. http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/general-e-smoking-discussion/203029-vaping-caffeine.html

I drink way too much coffee. One thing I've noticed is that I actually do like vaping and water, especially with some lemon or some sort of light flavoring. Cigs and lightly flavored water?? No, no, no, and no. Vape and lightly flavored water? I'm really surprised that I can answer that yes, but I have to admit I haven't taken full advantage of that yet. (The coffee pot is too handy lol.)

madjack

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2011
Central Louisiana
...keep in mind, 60-65% of vapor is made up of water vapor...and ya know where that water comes from...YOU...so think about that and get up and get a glass of water...now...if your flavor is tasting kinda flat...get up and get a glass of water...lemon water(or less sweet lemonade) will renew your taste bud and breakup that PG/VG derived cottonmouth and make your flavors come back to life...try it see if I'm right.............
madjack:2cool:

Kissowa

Oct 14, 2011
Sweden
kissowa.net
lol. http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/general-e-smoking-discussion/203029-vaping-caffeine.html

I drink way too much coffee. One thing I've noticed is that I actually do like vaping and water, especially with some lemon or some sort of light flavoring. Cigs and lightly flavored water?? No, no, no, and no. Vape and lightly flavored water? I'm really surprised that I can answer that yes, but I have to admit I haven't taken full advantage of that yet. (The coffee pot is too handy lol.)

Here I was kidding and it turns out you can? Haha, fantastic. Too bad it doesn't seem to work. Ah well.

thenut

ECF Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
New Hampshire
This is a good thread, and people should definitely be aware.
I didn't know it myself a month ago when I started vaping...even thought the opposite was true. Figured: "Hey, cool...look at all that vapor I'm adding to my body"

I became severely dehydrated along with a headache, dizziness, and fever.
As others have stated, drink LOTS and LOTS of water....that completely cured my symptoms.

(Edit) Just thought I should add that booze dehydrates you as well, so as awesome as the combo of a cocktail (or several :D ), and a nice vape is, be careful! ;)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread