Vaping and dehydration.

Discussion in 'New Members Forum' started by aland, Oct 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. aland

aland Senior Member ECF Veteran

I know from experience in my couple of months of vaping and from reading posts, you need to drink a lot of water to keep your self hydrated. Just wondering what is it that dehydrates? Is it the nicotine, the pg/vg juices or the flavorings ? If I work my way down to 0 mg nicotine would dehydration still be an issue?

Thanks to all you wonderful helpful people on this forum

Alan

2. Stosh

Stosh Vaping Master ECF Veteran

The PG and VG is what causes the dehydration, it combines with water (from you)
    to create the vapor, just keep drinking, and vaping....:)

3. swedishfish

swedishfish Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Water is good for you anyway! Drink!! I've been doing the green tea packets lately in my water. Pretty tasty!

4. madjack

madjack Ultra Member ECF Veteran

5. JD1

JD1 Vaping Master ECF Veteran

As stosh said, it's mostly the PG and VG. (VG is more of a humectant than PG) I think it's a good part of the reason people's lungs clear up so fast. If you drink lots of water, it's cleaning from the inside out. Anyways, that's my story and I'm sticking to it! :vapor: :p :vapor:

6. VIVAP2

VIVAP2 Senior Member ECF Veteran

When I was smoking, I had to drink alot of water. I work on the road, visiting customers. I was drinking more than a 5 pints of water from a stainless steel gourd during the day. When I switched to vaping, I lost that thirst. I have now to "force" my self to drink water.

7. Kissowa

Kissowa Full Member

I had no idea you should drink more water with vaping. Good thing I found out now when I'm just getting started.

8. GAlinemn

GAlinemn Full Member

I was wondering why I felt so dehydrated and thirsty

9. jdg

jdg Senior Member ECF Veteran

Eh, water schmater. Coffee and beer!

10. Kissowa

Kissowa Full Member

Actually I have a Red Bull permanently attached to my left hand... That counts as liquids, right? Oh that reminds me, can you vape caffeine? ;)

11. JD1

JD1 Vaping Master ECF Veteran

lol. http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/general-e-smoking-discussion/203029-vaping-caffeine.html

I drink way too much coffee. One thing I've noticed is that I actually do like vaping and water, especially with some lemon or some sort of light flavoring. Cigs and lightly flavored water?? No, no, no, and no. Vape and lightly flavored water? I'm really surprised that I can answer that yes, but I have to admit I haven't taken full advantage of that yet. (The coffee pot is too handy lol.)

12. idntsm0ke

idntsm0ke Full Member

Deer Red Bull is almost the worst thing ever ... so bad for the health really :p

13. Boodle

Boodle Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

Nearly all of the side effect complaints from vaping have a simple cure - water and lots of it.

14. concussion91

concussion91 Full Member

hilarious, i have been vaping for years and still get my occasional headache

15. sbrown

sbrown New Member

I noticed that since i been vaping my mouth gets real dry but since i dont smoke analogs any more i dont crave water like i use to...i guest i have to make my self drink water

16. JesikaBeth

JesikaBeth Super Member ECF Veteran

Yea I am constantly drinking something because of the dehydration. It's all good though - hydrate and vape hydrate and vape :)

17. Jackiej5407

Jackiej5407 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

DRINK WATER regardless!!! Vaping is extremely dehydrating. Coffee, soft drinks ... anything other than water doesn't give your body what it needs to counteract the dehydration. This cannot be stated too often to new vapers.

18. madjack

madjack Ultra Member ECF Veteran

...keep in mind, 60-65% of vapor is made up of water vapor...and ya know where that water comes from...YOU...so think about that and get up and get a glass of water...now...if your flavor is tasting kinda flat...get up and get a glass of water...lemon water(or less sweet lemonade) will renew your taste bud and breakup that PG/VG derived cottonmouth and make your flavors come back to life...try it see if I'm right.............
    madjack:2cool:

19. Kissowa

Kissowa Full Member

Here I was kidding and it turns out you can? Haha, fantastic. Too bad it doesn't seem to work. Ah well.

20. thenut

thenut Senior Member ECF Veteran

This is a good thread, and people should definitely be aware.
    I didn't know it myself a month ago when I started vaping...even thought the opposite was true. Figured: "Hey, cool...look at all that vapor I'm adding to my body"

I became severely dehydrated along with a headache, dizziness, and fever.
    As others have stated, drink LOTS and LOTS of water....that completely cured my symptoms.

(Edit) Just thought I should add that booze dehydrates you as well, so as awesome as the combo of a cocktail (or several :D ), and a nice vape is, be careful! ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.