Vaping at work. Anyone else?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HazyDayz

Verified Member
Oct 12, 2014
Chicago
I work in an office setting, with multiple people in a large open area. I have no problem vaping right at my desk. In fact it becomes a running joke: "Smells like someone smoked a bowl of straight cotton-candy in here!"
I have my set-ups in a line with 3-5 bottles of liquid on my desk at any given time. I try not to be obnoxious and blow clouds but I no longer have to take smoke breaks outside! I'm often browsing ECF (been a lurker for a while now) during slow times, and sometimes I even have the option of playing with builds if its super slow.

Just wondering if anyone else has the experience of being able to enjoy vaping (comfortably) in their workplace and/or what their co-workers have to say about it.

hurricanegirl100

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 29, 2012
The burbies of Cleveland
I've been vaping up a storm in my cubcile for the past three years. When I first started vaping a Blu back in 2011, every single one of my co-workers was unbelievably supportive. "God, that smells good! What IS that?? No, wait don't tell me...*snifff* Banana?"

Banana bread, actually! You can even taste the walnuts!
No %$#t lol..and you're not smoking? At all?
Nope!

Lately, I sit in a different cubicle, surrounded by people I barely know. (Huge corporation..) But I stealth vape all day anyway, only using e-liquids that don't have a strong aroma. And I haven't had any problem with anybody. I don't know what I love more..vaping, or the people who surround me with their consideration in never wanting to see me smoke a cigarette again. Or the three converts to vaping I made right there in that same office.

supertrunker

Living sarcasm
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 12, 2012
Texas
I vape all day at work - in the factory and in the offices. They all love it. Even the work hypochondriac is on board when i pointed out that PG kill germs!

Every now and then i'll let them have a vote among themselves as to what flavour i'll vape the next day. I turned from a 40 a day stinking misfit into a portable air freshener that smokers are jealous of and everyone likes to see! I only cloud chase in the factory ;)

T

Reactions: Jman8
me in my country, Indonesia. the only limitation for smoker is Air Conditioned place. as long as I vaping, there are no more place restricted. anywhere is vaping area. i can vape at office, bus, train, mall, everywhere i stand. but we are here, indonesia leave in high tolerance to others. sometimes i myself is the highest limitation. i respecting everyone around, even if there are no complaint.
come here if you want nonstop vaping all day:2cool:

HazyDayz

Verified Member
Oct 12, 2014
Chicago
Or the three converts to vaping I made right there in that same office.

Awesome! I too have gotten a person to switch over (kind of) and I'm always turning them onto good flavors and new juice companies.

I feel lucky I dont have to stealth vape, but sometimes I end up exhaling toward the underside of my desk so as to not have a fog sitting around me. That could change my situation real quick.

Cullin Kin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 28, 2014
The 3Oh!3, Colorado
www.youtube.com
I work in an engineering and mathematical sciences lab at my university as a tutor. Naturally, the other college kids are pretty accepting, however, I know my boss is secretly conflicted about it. He has a hypersensitive nose so he can always smell it and can always guess what flavor I'm Vaping. First try, every time. He is rarely there though, like maybe an hour a day. Sometimes, new tutoree's will come in asking where they could get a donut. So in a nutshell, yes, sure do. No clouds though, usually hold it in for a little longer than normal so there's not as much.

nyiddle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2014
USA. State: Inebriated.
While I'm sure I could get away with it (stealthily) or even ask if it was okay (and it probably would be), I don't wanna vape at work.

I mean, technically it'd help with productivity (I wouldn't need to leave my desk/stop working to have a vape break) but I honestly enjoy going outside once every hour or so for that 5 minute break. I'm an IT dude, so I'm sitting in front of 4+ monitors all day every day. The break is necessary sometimes.

Reactions: Garden gnome

Teknix

Feb 6, 2012
Chicago
I work in an office below the terminal at O'Hare and I am sadly not allowed to vape, I have to go outside onto the airfield in order to vape or in the bathroom and make it smell like delicious strawberry kiwi... but I wouldn't do that because that is against the rules.... ;)

If your office has any openings let me know, I'd love to enjoy a workplace that actually allows/understands vaping as long as it's within reason.

HazyDayz

Verified Member
Oct 12, 2014
Chicago
Pretty interesting that although many of us are allowed to vape we tend to tone it down for the sake of respect for co-workers and upper management. I just dont like to "advertise" what I do even though the whole office teases me about it.

I noticed someone else said it... but my productivity is up because I dont have to leave every hour for a smoke break either. I eat at my desk and I vape at my desk... that MAY be why my work doesnt mind me vaping, because I'm able to continue working and it doesnt distract from my job.

Reactions: Heavy Smoker

nyiddle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2014
USA. State: Inebriated.
Pretty interesting that although many of us are allowed to vape we tend to tone it down for the sake of respect for co-workers and upper management. I just dont like to "advertise" what I do even though the whole office teases me about it.

I noticed someone else said it... but my productivity is up because I dont have to leave every hour for a smoke break either. I eat at my desk and I vape at my desk... that MAY be why my work doesnt mind me vaping, because I'm able to continue working and it doesnt distract from my job.

Considering asking if it would be ok for me to do it, given that it would increase my productivity. Sometimes that nicotine is just the thing to wake you up during at, oh.. I don't know.. ~2pm lull..

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
I'm a "domestic goddess" -- no outside employment. However, there is a guy at my husband's workplace who vapes in the plant, at will, all the time, and nobody cares. In fact, that guy was my first intro to vaping; he gave my husband a "Fin" for me to try out, when my husband said he wished I could switch from smokiing to vaping. I didn't care for the Fin, got an Njoy, didn't like it or the Blu I got next either, but it was enough to get me sufficiently interested to google "e-cigarettes" and find my way here, back in January. Thank god for that guy, and for google, and for ECF!!!

Andria

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread