The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Vaping at work. Anyone else?

Discussion in 'E-Cigarettes in Public' started by HazyDayz, Oct 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Ketsuban

Ketsuban Full Member

Feb 20, 2014
    Equestria
    I work in a call center, and I usually go vape out back with all the smokers during my breaks. I wouldn't dare vape inside, especially since it's not allowed and security watches over the place like a hawk.

Usually they don't care about people vaping near the doors though, but smokers they do... and with the security camera, one day, when I had a white iTaste VV and one of the kanger mini tanks (I forget what it was called), I guess since it was white, long and thin they thought it was a cigarette so someone told me over the loudspeaker to stop. :/

my social life at work though is talking with the smokers and vapers.

2. theAdogg30

theAdogg30 Full Member

Dec 16, 2015
    I wait tables in a restaurant where my GM vapes so vaping at work is great for me because I can get a quick hit outside or downstairs when I am getting buckets of ice without a problem. My restaurant owners prohibit servers from smoking cigs before or during the shift so vaping allows me to get my nicotine fix and a stress relief without smelling like smoke and has helped me quit smoking cigarettes which has vastly improved my health! Sometimes other employees jest with me but I think it's because they want to smoke cigs and can't haha!

3. ThaFuzz

ThaFuzz Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 18, 2015
    Virginia Beach
    So i was vaping:vapor: at work today.......... and set off the smoke detector on the shelf in the shop.:thumbs: If it had been wired in the fire department would have been called:evil:.

• Like Like x 1
  4. nyiddle

nyiddle Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Vaping inside is no problemo at my work. It's a small company, and I have my own office (with a ceiling fan). I'm not much of a cloudchaser, but I've chucked clouds at my desk before without complaints.

I still sometimes take it outside though, just because sitting for ~8 hours can get a little rough on my bum.

5. Hitcat44

Hitcat44 mere Pawn in Game of Life Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Jun 9, 2015
    Ft. Vape-WKY
    New job has me banished to the Outdoors like a common Camel Puffer.... :(
    Don't confront me none tho :2cool:

6. Liskrig

Liskrig Super Member ECF Veteran

Apr 2, 2015
    MA, USA
    My company recently moved locations (to somewhere where the suits can watch us better), but while in the old location, I would use my Nautilus, and iStick 50w (for battery stamina) usually vaping on a vanilla custard. I got compliments all the time about how good the office smelled. Management there was supportive, and okay with it because I always put on a show with tricks during boring conference calls :p

Now at the new building, we aren't even allowed to talk socially. I don't even dare try to vape. I step outside, and take a walk around the building. I got some other coworkers interested in vaping too, and that alone is worth the sacrifice.

7. Vapenter

Vapenter Full Member

Mar 1, 2016
    BC, Canada
    I work outside so yup, vape all day! :thumbs:

8. gofishtx

gofishtx Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 24, 2014
    Tomball Texas
    I am a florist at a grocery store where it is not allowed inside but no problem outside or if I get busy I can sneak a puff in our walk in cooler storage or the bathroom stall. There are other employees that vape and they sometimes sneak a puff in the back room, but for the most part we congregate outside with the smokers. When I first started vaping it was relatively new and I worked in an office where they said no to vaping inside. I got a few people in the next office into vaping and their boss let them vape at their desk as long as it didn't bother anyone else. That office was just happy for anything to help their employees get off of cigarettes. It depends on where you work as to what is allowed :)

• Like Like x 1
  9. Travy

Travy Full Member

Oct 12, 2014
    Tucson Az
    So the one Job i had, no policy against it,really no policy manual at all. So i still just stealth vaped, But one time I did not stealth vape enough, Boss caught me a little while later was fired. No prob did not like working for her anyways. So a month later I find something apply Get the job, What is Great about it is Can work from home when i want and Vape in office when i want , best thing of all it was Double my yearly salary from the Other job, The B*^&^, let me go at. Sometimes Lemons In life Can be turned into lemonade, With a lot of sugar.

• Like Like x 2
  10. bcrook223

bcrook223 Full Member

Jun 2, 2014
    NC
    Our office is really chill anyway so I've never had any problems with vaping. I'm up front and I'm not in eyesight of anyone anyway. They all know I vape and don't care. I was worried at first but they were surprisingly supportive and ask me all the time what new flavors I have lol.

11. Lemwise

Lemwise Super Member ECF Veteran

Aug 27, 2013
    Joure
    I'm a shipwright and at the shipyard I work at I'm allowed to vape everywhere. On board of yachts, in the wood shop, it doesn't matter. Some of my co-workers still smoke and they think it's unfair I don't have to go outside :D

12. kbeam418

kbeam418 Super Member ECF Veteran

Mar 5, 2015
    Toledo,Oh
    I do vending machines at a community college, so I pretty much vape wherever I want except in the buildings. Police chief there always says he's going to give me a ticket (jokingly).

13. ModernDayDrifter

ModernDayDrifter Full Member Verified Member

Apr 29, 2016
    I noticed as a server, my tips went up when I no longer reeked of the stinkies. I don't vape in the kitchen or up front, but i can pop outside for a few puffs while I wait for my food to come up, or gettin stuff from the fridge. Which has a convenient 45 sec walk out side to get too.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Whitesoxfan2579

Whitesoxfan2579 Full Member

May 19, 2016
    midwest, IL
    Usually try to go outside, just to get some fresh air and sunshine along with a few drags.

15. Telmos

Telmos Senior Member

May 11, 2016
    Lol, I work from home so doing it consistently. Anyone have any tips of cutting down when you have no restrictions like that?

16. Nightly_Paradox

Nightly_Paradox Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 27, 2012
    East TN
    My work treats vaping the same as smoking, infact where I work you're not even allowed to carry cigarettes or vaping stuff into the plant. On breaks or w/e we all just smoke/vape in the designated smoking area. My Co-operator and me will usually blow some clouds out while we're outside.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.