Status
Not open for further replies.

Croak

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 13, 2012
Right behind you...
Since these are now in the market and several ECF members have these or have ordered these, I reckon it'd be a good idea to start a new thread about the newer DNA40 clone devices, and leave the old thread to the DNA30 V2. I'll try to keep this original post updated, but I expect the thread to move pretty fast once more people start getting these, and more versions pop up, so bear with me.

As of this posting, there's two different versions of this clone with the chip produced by Kangxin and being sold by fasttech and 3FVape, among others, one with and one without USB charging, though it looks like the non-USB version is no longer in production.

There is also a Kangxin "V3-550" that does not have temperature control, it's essentially a 50 (instead of 30) watt "V2".

I'll let Nikkita6 chime in on the other manufacturers that are supposed to be getting DNA40 clone VF units to market soon, but rest assured, they're coming.

Big shout out to Robby on the AAEC forum for blazing the path for many of us.

If you can't wait for more info to start showing up in the thread and want to buy it RIGHT NOW, here's some links to buy the unit from 3FVape, and if you use coupon code 3FVAPEDNA40 you can save 5% until February 19th. $71.24 out the door.

Silver: http://www.3fvape.com/…/1659-vapor-flask-dna-40-style-upgra…
Black: http://www.3fvape.com/…/1660-vapor-flask-dna-40-style-upgra…
Red: http://www.3fvape.com/…/1661-vapor-flask-dna-40-style-upgra…
Blue: http://www.3fvape.com/…/1662-vapor-flask-dna-40-style-upgra…

Here's Nikkita6's shots of her two units ordered direct from the manufacturer, Kangxin:

OYUQ0Zf.jpg

Just keep in mind if you can't wait, this is what the first run of fully functional units looked like inside. Caveat Emptor!

ytyt.jpg

UPDATE 01/05/2015: Kangxin units being shipped may have either the copper-colored (and likely plated) 510 and battery caps as shown in the pictures on 3FVape's website or they may have regular brass. They say there's no difference in functionality between the two, and by all accounts the "copper" is just a plating on brass anyway.

Here's a bunch of Kangxin units waiting to be boxed up, brass on the top row, copper on the bottom:

IMG_0032__22198.1423044750.1280.1280.JPG

UPDATE 01/06/2015: My order for a Kangxin USB model from 3FVape shipped exactly two business days after I ordered, so there is stock at this time.

Last edited:

Croak

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 13, 2012
Right behind you...
do these have a genuine Evolv DNA 40 chip in them? - if not, they are useless to me, as I am spoiled on temperature protection and the much more enjoyable vape, better health, and almost never having to change coils/wicks. :D

It's not a gen-you-wine Evolv chip, it's a clone, with working temperature control that operates almost exactly like the real DNA40.

Reactions: kljoki

Crunchy2k

ECF Veteran
Jan 31, 2014
Left Coast
Hot glue don't scare me none, and I'm rocking an 0002 batch Cloupor Mini next to my wedding tackle most of the day. My VaporFaux order's been placed. :)
I think you will be happy with it. I am with mine. I can't find a battery that doesn't fit, even with a label. Nothing rattles around. When I look closely at Robby's picture above, I see the positive terminal assemblys are held in place by being screwed directly to the aluminum housing and are solid brass buttons. The screen is supported over 80% of its length. The original VF appears to have sheet brass positive terminals held in a T shaped plastic sled which is braced between the bottom center of the housing and the top plate. The screen is only partly held in place in the original VF. Phil Busardo was able to dislodge his Vapor Flask screen by having the unit knocked out of his hand.:p

do these have a genuine Evolv DNA 40 chip in them? - if not, they are useless to me, as I am spoiled on temperature protection and the much more enjoyable vape, better health, and almost never having to change coils/wicks. :D
Mine mimics the real DNA40 instruction set and operation as described by Phil Busardo in the first Evolv 'How To Use' video on the Evolv website. I have been going from a nickel tank to several kanthal wired tanks since I got it Saturday. It hasn't messed up yet. I only have one question that better fits in the real DNA40 thread. Why is there an error message that says 'ohms to high' in the kanthal mode? The board cuts down the power, but I find I can just jack it back up. It is like the Evolv programer is having fun. Nothing gets hot or starts burning with a 2.4 ohm kanthal coil. I toss a coil soon after it hits that high anyway.

Last edited:

SavePaperVapor

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2009
Minnesota, USA

I hear they're better.

Reactions: kljoki

Nikkita6

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2011
New York
Hot glue don't scare me none, and I'm rocking an 0002 batch Cloupor Mini next to my wedding tackle most of the day. My VaporFaux order's been placed. :)

:laugh: You wild boy :banana:

You forgot to add that focalecig has the Kangxin 40W too, and I would definitely recommend them over what FT has, and not just because Doris is my boo :wub: But because FT has janky B stock, and FC has the better stock with no painted threads, polished 510/caps and logo's. You can use one of their 10% off coupons too, but I can't remember the code :blush: $69.47-$69.95 Vaporflask V3 Style Temperature Protected 40W Clone - Silver

$69.47-$69.95 Vaporflask V3 Style Temperature Protected 40W Clone - Black

Here are the unboxing pics of my sexy Red which came directly from Kangxin :)

OYUQ0Zf.jpg

Angel Eyes

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 17, 2013
Mt. Brook, AL, USA
It's not a gen-you-wine Evolv chip, it's a clone, with working temperature control that operates almost exactly like the real DNA40.
:laugh: that's funny! - the DNA 40 is patented and software encrypted, do you really think it can be cloned like an RDA? - get real

I challenge someone who has one to post a video doing a dry burn on Japanese cotton (I would expect a fire!)

SavePaperVapor

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2009
Minnesota, USA
:laugh: that's funny! - the DNA 40 is patented and software encrypted, do you really think it can be cloned like an RDA? - get real

I challenge someone who has one to post a video doing a dry burn on Japanese cotton (I would expect a fire!)

You got pm sweet cheeks. Plenty with this device in hand.

SavePaperVapor

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2009
Minnesota, USA
trying to decide between grey or black, are these painted or anodized or what - is one of those colors more durable than the other?

I heard the silver/gray one seems to be more durable. I'm pondering getting one as well but rumor has it that many more mods with tc are coming after Chinese new year.

Nikkita6

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2011
New York

You really need to get out more ;-)

Nikkita6

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2011
New York
trying to decide between grey or black, are these painted or anodized or what - is one of those colors more durable than the other?

They are anodized .. I have only had mine for a week so too early to say how durable the finish is, but I don't get the impression that its going to peel off. :)

Hammerfyst

ECF Veteran
Jun 1, 2014
Ice Caps of Mars
:laugh: You wild boy :banana:

You forgot to add that focalecig has the Kangxin 40W too, and I would definitely recommend them over what FT has, and not just because Doris is my boo :wub: But because FT has janky B stock, and FC has the better stock with no painted threads, polished 510/caps and logo's. You can use one of their 10% off coupons too, but I can't remember the code :blush: $69.47-$69.95 Vaporflask V3 Style Temperature Protected 40W Clone - Silver

$69.47-$69.95 Vaporflask V3 Style Temperature Protected 40W Clone - Black

Here are the unboxing pics of my sexy Red which came directly from Kangxin :)

OYUQ0Zf.jpg

All I can say is Shut up and take my money. Double if they can do Green,,,,

hyojah

Dec 6, 2014
Virginia, USA
The closest color to green is light blue :p But you can get whatever color you like and then wrap it :D I am actually thinking about getting another one eventually just so I can wrap it.

What do you think of the Waidea clone that you're getting next month? I'm thinking about buying a VF clone but the Waidea one seems 1:1, the 510 threading is stainless steel too so it's more durable than copper.

If the Waidea chip works as great as the Kangxin one, I'm definitely gonna go for the Waidea.

Nikkita6

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2011
New York
What do you think of the Waidea clone that you're getting next month? I'm thinking about buying a VF clone but the Waidea one seems 1:1, the 510 threading is stainless steel too so it's more durable than copper.

If the Waidea chip works as great as the Kangxin one, I'm definitely gonna go for the Waidea.

It is sooooo funny that you are asking me about the Waidea clone, because I literally came in here to break Tpat's heart a little ..

Well, .... the Waidea clone IS NOT 1:1 unfortunately. My mind is blown by some of the choices they have made, which I had hoped were just for the sake of production sample to test their chip, but no.

Sigh .. So my good friend Alice from Limwell and Yoyo from Comcig both sent pictures to me this evening of a "1:1" VF clone :cry: Its the Waidea clone, and those unfortunately large protruding battery caps, and gold fire button have officially ruled this out as a 1:1. I did get a peak at the chip's display screen and it looks just like the Evolv chip. I immediately contacted Summer at Waidea who said "let me speak to my boss" :glare:

Tragedy ... the main body and top plate, including the 510 are like the current VF, but those battery caps and fire switch? :blink: I am too tired to post the pics that I was sent tonight of the Waidea clone with the packaging, but I will post them tomorrow to confirm the heartbreak :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread