Vappower 18650?

Status
Not open for further replies.
what throws me is the labeling, if its labeled 35/50amp dont they understand that can do serious damage to someone. I get the efest relabels but they only say 35amp max. With vappower saying 50amp max that could be serious false info.

Also i thought subohmcells were legit new batteries. They are rewraps too?

inswva

Do you even squonk, bro?
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2014
what throws me is the labeling, if its labeled 35/50amp dont they understand that can do serious damage to someone. I get the efest relabels but they only say 35amp max. With vappower saying 50amp max that could be serious false info.

Also i thought subohmcells were legit new batteries. They are rewraps too?

I can't say for sure about the Subohmcell units. The reviews on Kidney Puncher would leave you to believe the Subohmcells are sent from Heaven on high. The problem with those reviews is that, unless the reviewers are using advanced testing equipment, the only indication of them being "good" is that none have vented yet. Likewise for all of the other fly-by-night battery "brands".

I just have a very hard time believing an outfit like Subohmcell has the R&D, engineering, production, and marketing budget to bring a brand new cell on the market but can't even put up a functioning web site.

tFtk5D5.png

They do have a Facebook page though. So, they must be legit.

Again, I'll stick with the established players in the high drain battery game. Samsung and LG cells are readily available. If you must have a 30A cell, the VTC3 and VTC4 units are still widely available, whether OEM or XTAR branded. I've purchased four of each within the last week or so.

Last edited:

postmister

Dec 23, 2013
Columbia SC, USA
I'd be weary about batteries from "Fasttech". Mostly because they advertise knockoff... everything, and a battery knockoff is not something I'm going to play with. Duracell and even Energizer are getting into the 18650 and 22650 market. Call me skeptical, but I'm going to remain a brand snob about my batteries. I've had two "pop" on me. So far, nothing worse than bumping the end of a lit cigarette, and I've done that WAY more than twice. :facepalm:

on a side note: Nor am I willing to send a copy of my credit card to their processing center. :unsure:

I don't know of anyone who has ever got a knockoff from them if the description said 'authentic'.

What he's saying is that everything fast tech sells is a knockoff, so don't believe a company that sells only knockoffs to have anything that is authentic. In other words, don't buy something as important, safety wise, as a battery from fast tech.

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
What he's saying is that everything fast tech sells is a knockoff, so don't believe a company that sells only knockoffs to have anything that is authentic. In other words, don't buy something as important, safety wise, as a battery from fast tech.

Nope, that's not what I'm saying. No one that I know of, or myself, has ever got a counterfeit item from Fasttech if the Fasttech description said the item was 'authentic'.

If you have information to the contrary please let us in on it :)

Last edited:

Froth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2014
Chipotle.
I'd be weary about batteries from "Fasttech". Mostly because they advertise knockoff... everything, and a battery knockoff is not something I'm going to play with. Duracell and even Energizer are getting into the 18650 and 22650 market. Call me skeptical, but I'm going to remain a brand snob about my batteries. I've had two "pop" on me. So far, nothing worse than bumping the end of a lit cigarette, and I've done that WAY more than twice. :facepalm:

on a side note: Nor am I willing to send a copy of my credit card to their processing center. :unsure:
Please don't spill your Fasttech negativity on to others, especially when it is quite obvious through your own statements that you have never once purchased product from them. I've made over two dozen orders with Fasttech and have had no real issues to speak of.

You're wrong in assuming that they only sell knockoffs, they actually sell a good amount of authentic product as well. Batteries that are listed with the words "authentic" in the title at Fasttech are certified and genuine authentic cells, I've purchased VTC4, VTC5, LG HE2 and Samsung 25R all from Fasttech and I can assure you that every cell is authentic I have purchased through them.

Last edited:

Norrin

Aug 29, 2014
Shetland
Dell to recall 4.1 million laptop batteries - Technology & science - Tech and gadgets | NBC News
This might make people realise the quantities these batteries are made in and therefore realise that there are no small manufacturers making batteries for vaping, the cost would be enormous and we just wouldn't pay for them. We get surplus batteries so if you see a battery that claims to do something better than other batteries on the market it's a lie!!!!

This isn't Fasttech's doing as they are just selling a battery from what the supplier says and you can buy these batteries many other places. IMO, if it says it's too good avoid like the plague it's better to buy an ultrafire that you know is crap that something that you think will work well.

invisiblehand13

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 15, 2014
Woodville, WI
Please don't spill your Fasttech negativity on to others, especially when it is quite obvious through your own statements that you have never once purchased product from them. I've made over two dozen orders with Fasttech and have had no real issues to speak of.

You're wrong in assuming that they only sell knockoffs, they actually sell a good amount of authentic product as well. Batteries that are listed with the words "authentic" in the title at Fasttech are certified and genuine authentic cells, I've purchased VTC4, VTC5, LG HE2 and Samsung 25R all from Fasttech and I can assure you that every cell is authentic I have purchased through them.

Agreed, fasttech does not by any means do any "false advertising" and they sell the products under the specs provided to them, I have yet to get a single item listed as an authentic that was not an authentic but that being said and that fasttech bashing has been put to rest I have never bought a vappower battery I have been happy with and as mentioned no small battery manufacturer would be able to keep costs down to where we could afford them as vapors (unless you are a rich vapor lol) but either way I do have good things to say about yellow MXJO, purple efest and the LG HE2 and/or LG HE4 and have run all of these batteries down to .07 with no issues whatsoever, if you need proof, refer to the postings already present in the MXJO posting that is still in front page of forums as of today....just saying even I hate green vappowers, black keeppowers and any other battery other than the samsung 25r which I am as of now still experimenting with but no problems as of yet...

invisiblehand13

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 15, 2014
Woodville, WI
Oh...one more side note, yes of course I still have an undying affection for my vtc's but I will not be buying any for several months as the manufacturing facilities for these batteries has moved to the Philippines and until I get some solid info on the QC in the new plant, which by the way vtc's are no longer even a "sony" product as they are now contracted out to some other company, I will stay away to see if anyone else has problems before I will trust any new "sony" vtc battery....just IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread