Not open for further replies.

Splatnext

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 30, 2013
near the beach
Now you're all making me fret about a block of wood

I was merrily planning on letting vkiwi show me what he has available of the NZ timbers when the time comes, and taking it from there

o_o

Sojat I wouldn't fret, Element is right Vaughan has some incredible lumber and I will still get a mod made all of New Zealand native wood.I kind of broke my own resolve but I know that I will get back in line and get it.

It was pretty hard and I had to look for a while to find something that still reminded me of nature, some of the wood that I sah was just to garish for my taste.

inswva

Do you even squonk, bro?
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2014
On the list!

1 RobbieVape
2 houndb
3supertrunker
4 LittleBird
5 Loopy
6 Clark F
7 Klav
8 suspect k
9 nboprc
10 inspects
11 Splatnext
12 deldenk
13 Les
14 majic cloud
15 inspects
16 Loopy
17 distortoblotto
18 nautilusfan
19 GillTheGrunt
20 Cadman
21 Doffy
22 coaldriller
23 jazzvaper
24 nautilusfan
25 Clark F
26 penguiness
27 anonymous tripp
28 NatGasMan
29 sjoat
30 fatboylim
31. RobbieVape
32. supertrunker
33.distortoblotto
34. LittleBird
35 Kingdal
36 inswva

vkiwi

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Apr 12, 2013
nz
www.vrwoodmods.co.nz
Any other differences besides speed of curing with the new material?
Moisture and heat resistance are much the same as with epoxies, and the thicker variants have gap filling properties as well, unlike the cheap n nasty 'super glue' varieties. The CA glue is a synthetic resin as with epoxy, but uses the subtrate's moisture as it's catalyst instead of a two part chemical reaction. interesting stuff....

vkiwi

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Apr 12, 2013
nz
www.vrwoodmods.co.nz
What are the different materials that have been used for the caps to date? Besides horn, bone, wood <-- (sexual connotations abound. also i'm childish)

The wood in the body is organic enough for me personally, not sure if I'd fancy having horn or bone for the caps

Could an option be, say, some kinda acetal plastic or resin. @vkiwi? How bad an idea is that
Not a bad idea at all, I would have to throw some research at it.... sure there are options though, like some of the acrylics the pen guys use. comes in all colours too...

vkiwi

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Apr 12, 2013
nz
www.vrwoodmods.co.nz
Not a bad idea at all, I would have to throw some research at it.... sure there are options though, like some of the acrylics the pen guys use. comes in all colours too...
I could make whole mods from this stuff
acrylic.jpg
acrylic 2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread