Warm wishes to old friends and family...

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeffree

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 18, 2010
california
Don't get by here much these days--only to order bottles of 'green tea' occasionally--but I recently passed my 5-year mark and thought I'd check out the forum. Looks like V4L has all but abandoned it, a sad development and never a good sign of things to come. I do see some familiar faces here, though, and thought I'd drop in with a warm greeting. I know I'm not alone in remembering the great sense of support that this particular forum provided during the early days of vaping and quitting cigs. Thanks to you--and to Steve and the early V4L crew--for that. I may not have succeeded without you. I haven't forgotten my roots, especially the folks I leaned on for support while trying to find my way as a bumbling early vaper. I still bumble a lot, but I've found a comfortable groove at least.

Since the place now seems like a ghost town, with rather sad and lonely winds blowing, I'll share where I've headed in the past few years. I'm using Kanger evod 1000mah batteries and T3s clearomizers (with replaceable screw-in coils) from the Kanger Wholesale USA site. In addition to buying my beloved tea juice here, I customize the rest of my juices, which I buy in bulk from Vapor Renu. Everything works great for a lazy guy like me--and dirt cheap as well.The batts and clearomizers last me about a year if I don't damage them, and the coils about a week. I haven't used the current line of V4L gear, so no comparisons to share.

I moved away from V4L not because of its products (its juices are still some of my faves) but due to the incessant sales (daily sales = no sales at all) and lack of openness with clients on issue after issue, with secrecy and evasiveness replacing honest dialogue when dealing with dedicated customers. Everything seemed to be about marketing. I've since found other suppliers that are more able to communicate with clients as adults when tough questions arise. Really a shame in a way that V4L dropped the ball in that regard. I'd probably still be around here if the non-stop marketing had stopped and the dialogue had become more honest and timely when smart customers needed honest answers minus the hype. Along with other folks, I publicly suggested that need more than once. From poking around here today, I can see sadly that things actually appear to have gotten worse. Maybe there's still time for a shift?

I really hate writing anything negative here at my vaping birthplace, especially with such bittersweet memories, but I'm feeling for the many folks expressing frustration. No need for that. Wake up, V4L. Try being open about things for a change... as you were in days gone by. Meanwhile, life and vaping are good at this end of the line, and I'll always remember the many wonderful folks here, including Steve and the early V4L staff, who showed me the way during challenging times. Heartfelt thanks to you. Stay well, my first and foremost vaping family, and keep fighting the good fight day by day and year by year. You're forever in my thoughts.

Last edited:

K9Luvr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Feb 26, 2010
    Hampton, VA
    Hi Jeffree, so good to hear from you. Congrats on the 5 yrs; I celebrated my 5 yr. on 3.1.15. A lot has changed, as you can see. It is sad, as this was the source of major support and info in my early vaping journey. I'm not sure that I would have been as successful without this forum, and that makes me sad for the nubies, cuz they have very little support here.

I still buy most of my juice at V4L, but I have mostly moved on to 510 batteries and various tank set ups. I do have a local B&M that I purchase from, and they are trying to recreate some of my favorite V4L flavors so that I can buy local. Glad to hear that all is well with you. Drop by once in awhile to let us old timers know how things are going. You still playing in a band?

jeffree

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 18, 2010
    california
    K9, Eleanor, Mary Kay, Morandir... so good to see you all! I've missed you and am glad you're around and well. Thanks for your good words. And in case anyone's keeping track, I just 'liked' for the first time in my five years at ECF. Your gesture inspired me, M, but you're all deserving of so much more really. In fact, each of you played a memorable role in my journey, so special thanks for that above all. My very best wishes to you and your families always.

Anywhere else we can connect from time to time besides in this spooky place? Still don't understand how this once bustling community fell apart so completely, but the tumbleweeds are clearly a-blowing. Feeling too sad here to stay any longer.

JenJen

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 27, 2009
    Sunny Arizona
    Hi Jeffree! Glad you are doing well! I would love a place to connect - I miss you all. I am using the Ego Twist with the Aspire clearomizer. Took some trial and error, but finally found my sweet spot equipment wise. Still using V4L juice because I have a ton and will probably order more, but have experiemented with other juices as well. Tribeca and Fusion by Halo are faves, and Trifecta by Ghost Nectar is to die for - kind of a caramel taste but not cloying. Found that at a local vape shop where I have been getting most my stuff these days. Big hugs to you!

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread