• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Welcome to Tejas Vapin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nicfits

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 9, 2009
Texas
www.e-smokers-forum.com
I am 48. I started smoking way too young. Me and a friend of mine got caught with a carton of cigs when we were nine and our Moms made us smoke all of them in one sitting. They figured it would make us sick and we wouldn't want to smoke them any more. Didn't do any inhaling at that age, but still I think that got me addicted. Things were different growing up in the 60s.

I also remember going to the Theatre for 10 cents. We were upset when they raised the price of admission to a quarter. Small town theatre of course. I rmember how we would go across the street to the Winns Dime store and buy some pea shooters to take into the movies with us and shoot peas at the girls. Man were we stupid!

Guess I had better go take my geritol now. LOL.

hyperdeficit

ECF Veteran
May 6, 2009
Lucas, Texas
I am 18 almost 19

Ive been smoking since I was twelve and I have heard about e cigs a long time now, but it was only when my Dr. told me I needed to make SEVERE life style changes for my best interest that I looked up e smoking.

I am still waiting for my first e cig so I am not a vaper yet. I like fishing hunting, videogames, drawing, working on my truck, I also like aquarium fish.

If anybody wants to chill that is close by im down

I live in pretty much the country but I am close to plano and mckinney I am about to go to Barber College to become a barber. I then plan on becoming a psychiatrist... eventually.

hyperdeficit

ECF Veteran
May 6, 2009
Lucas, Texas
Hi Matrix and GrandMom,
I am in between the two of you. I live in Wimberley. Matrix you make me feel old when you talk about 75 cents a pack cigs. I remember buying them four 25 cents, and you could find cigarette vending machines everywhere. They were even in the Hospital emergency room waiting area. LOL. I guess I have been around since before T-Rex.

Always nice to meet fellow Texans.
GrandMom it's ok that you are a transplant. You have been here long enough that you can drop that part from your title. :)

Welcome!

I actually have seen a cig vending machine when I was younger so dont feel so old bro. I am only 18

Lika

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2009
Dallas - USA
I am 48. I started smoking way too young. Me and a friend of mine got caught with a carton of cigs when we were nine and our Moms made us smoke all of them in one sitting. They figured it would make us sick and we wouldn't want to smoke them any more. Didn't do any inhaling at that age, but still I think that got me addicted. Things were different growing up in the 60s.

I also remember going to the Theatre for 10 cents. We were upset when they raised the price of admission to a quarter. Small town theatre of course. I rmember how we would go across the street to the Winns Dime store and buy some pea shooters to take into the movies with us and shoot peas at the girls. Man were we stupid!

Guess I had better go take my geritol now. LOL.

Hey, 48 is the new 28 - haven't you heard the news? ;)

About the pea shooters. Man, that's a lot better than what we did. We shot spit wads across the room in class using drinking straws. We'd shoot the girls in the back of their heads. They'd have to feel through their hair to find the spit soaked paper wad - mean I tell ya! That was in middle school. I remember one time a buddy was shooting a spit wad at this girl. She must have sensed it because she turned to look back just as he shot. Bullseye - the wad lodged in her ear canal. Man, did he get in some kind of trouble!

By the time we got into high school the boys were only shooting each other. A good face sting was considered cool. We didn't dare shoot the girls anymore because by that time it was all about trying to get some action... Note, I said "trying" not actually "getting." LOL

Jim Davis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2009
Retired in Houston, Texas / USA
I actually have seen a cig vending machine when I was younger so dont feel so old bro. I am only 18

You guys are killing me!
I bought analogs for 11 cents a pack.
Gas was 19 cents a gallon.
New cars were $2,500.00 (good American cars too!)
I got a great paying job for 75 cents per hour. Then I hit the big time for $1.25 per hour.

Well....At least now, we have .......

Matrix

Apr 3, 2009
Austin Texas
Matrix you make me feel old when you talk about 75 cents a pack cigs. I remember buying them four 25 cents, and you could find cigarette vending machines everywhere. They were even in the Hospital emergency room waiting area. LOL. I guess I have been around since before T-Rex.

I remember those cig machines as well with the pull handles that took a small feat of strength to even use. Some of the young wipper snappers in here may not even believe this little bit of trivia but there was a time when you could openly smoke in the grocery store as well. Shopping with my dad as a young girl they even had ash trays built into the shopping carts and the round ones full of sand at the end of the isles.
Greyhound bus lines also allowed smoking on trips so you would be locked into 3 hour or more long ride with the majority of people chain smoking away and not a single cracked window. I'm sure it looked very Cheech and Chong but without the giggles and doritos.

pipe6078

ECF Veteran
May 8, 2009
texas
hi my name is sheila thanks for the invitation Let's see i was born in Austin,TX but grew up it in northwest Montana about 60 miles from glacier national park. Married at 18 moved to the bay area of California,divorced moved back to Montana then in '96 got a deadly form of pnemonia and fried my lungs with the meds to save my life. need a warmer climate and more sun so my mom and I moved back to Texas in 2001. we started in Granbury worked 2yrs then moved to Austin stayed there 2yrs(just to expensive so move to Goldthwaite .were we now live she has her house i have an apartment. I should have stayed in Texas my whole life i fit here. I have three sons who grew up between Montana and California. When the sons come visit they just lose it. went swimming in Gandbury and they teased "if we wanted to bathe we would have stayed home. " Waters colder coming off a glacier ,still good time was had by all. There biggest complaint HUNTING "why don't you just get a dog collar and leash .:if you're gonna feed them first they are called pets.:Still all n all they know i'm gonna stay healthy and that makes um happy. This e cig is great for me because not even death and the threat of it could help me quit. now i have been smoke free since may 6th. Look forwar to meeting you and seeing your post on the big board(e-cig forum) just pipe6078:)

Jennee26

ECF Veteran
May 8, 2009
Houston, TX
www.myspace.com
Hi There! Thanks for the invitation. I am 28, married and I live in Houston. I wasn't born here, but that doesn't matter. I started smoking at age 15, gave up the cigs 2 months ago and got the e-cig about 2 weeks ago with 0 nic because at times I still felt the urge to smoke just because I was craving the "act" of smoking and not necessarily the nicotine. The e-cig is helping me to stay off the analogs for good. Other than that, I work full time and just like to hang out.

legalsea

ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2009
Fort Worth, Texas
Hello all and thank you for the invitation to join. I am 53 (54 very, very soon) and started smoking at age 13. Using the e-cigarettes allowed me to quit quite easily.

Born and raised in Fort Worth. Indeed, from my downtown office I can look out one window and see where I started life (St. Josephs Hospital), while out the other window I can see where I will end up (Greenwood Cemetary). Right now I am in the middle, right across the street from Bailey's Bar-B-Que.

Jim Davis: yes, I can well recall when, as an eighteen year old I could buy a six-pack of beer, a pack of smokes and a bag of peanuts, all for $2.00, plus have enough left over to buy a couple of gallons of gas for my '67 fastback Mustang (which I wish I still had).

My father (age 84) once told me how a pack of cigarettes from the vending machines were 13 cents. He said you had to insert a dime and a nickel; that when you pack appeared you would find two pennys taped to the bottom of your pack.

The other day I showed my collection of e-cigarettes to one of my young nephews who smokes. He is now getting his own kit so as to stop smoking. Wish they had these back when I was young.

I have lived in San Antonio for 50 years - born in Waco, moved to Corpus (and loved it) and spent 3 months in Irving, a suburb of Hell and finally made it to the real heart of Texas. all together that makes me maybe the senior of the Tejas group; I've been smoking for 51 years. But I finally quit all because of a sign in Northstar Mall Saying "Smoke Anywhere". I didn't buy their ecig, but ended up getting an NJoy pen style at a Pilot store. That ended my smoking days. Since then I've gotten 801's from Electronic cigarette Sales (ECSi), and love the 4 hole models. Jane at ECSi is a jewel, and the free shipping and service can't be beat. Actually, I smoke an analog about once a week because I feel guilty about the 3 cartons I've already paid good money for and they just sit there in the drawer. Not great logic. Besides, I didn't even pay that much - I bought them by mail from the Ukraine.

I work at the Witte Museum around mostly people who were too smart to ever start smoking, but there are a couple I'm going to try to convert. My job and my enjoyment is all centered around wildlife and dogs, greyhounds specifically.

I still remember being able to smoke in high school as long as we were on the north side of the building. I don't think we could smoke in junior high.

If you live in the S A area feel free to PM me!

Hi guys, my name is Chloe, and I am a vapeaholic.

Thanks so much for the invite. I love knowing there are other people in the state that vape. I was feeling so alone in Conroe. (Conroe is just north of Houston and the Woodlands about 30 minutes away from Huntsville.)

I have made a few discoveries since I started vaping about a month ago. Pilot Truck stops are a god send if you have to leave town before your new atomizer gets in. I had to stop in HUntsville to get a Njoy because I didn't want to go analog for "vacation."

Also discovery number two: TW takes all of about two full days to get to me in Conroe. I placed an order at like midnight on the 26th and it was here in my hand at noon on the 28th. They are wonderful.

Also, apparently I have been told by nonsmokers that I am in fact the devil, because some of my DIY mixes smell too good, and they are tempted to try them. SOOO for just my non smoking friends I have made no nic solution carts so that if I am around them and I am vaping away, because it's what I do, they can try the flavors without getting the nicotine. Butter Pecan has apparently almost had converts.

I convert people where I can, and I am always looking to meet up with others and trade stories and suplies and how to's.

So yeah, back to reading the forum!
[SIZE=+1][/SIZE]

Last edited:
Levi here in Fredericksburg, been wanting to not necessarily quite just not smoke, so when I saw a snippet at this year's CES I said "That's it, my way out!". Waiting on a Prodigy from pure smoker now but I have ordered from them before and I am hoping that this will be the "End all" for pv's. I have been getting really tired here lately of faulty/crappy foreign supplies.

Anywho, Austin and San Antonio are equal distances from me so let's get a gathering together!

Levi

Stephaniems

ECF Veteran
Mar 23, 2009
Hey ya'll thanks for the invite.

Well I started smoking by stealing cigs from the parents at 7 (heck all the adults did it so I thought it was an adult thing to do) Progressed to buying 2 packs when I was sent to the store. If mom sent me I bought 2 packs of marlboro 100's one went in my pocket the other to her, same deal if dad sent me it was benson & hedges menthol lights.

I'm 31 now with 3 kids of my own and i've been trying to quit on and off since my oldest was born, longest time quit was a year and stress drove me back to them.

I recieved some spam email that caught my eye about an electronic cigarette, went to the site and just had to get one. I didnt buy from the place that spammed me tho cause they were over 200.00 and I knew I could find cheaper.

Anyway found this site and havent smoked a tobacco cig in prob about 3 months or maybe 4. Don't know when I officially quit. Gave up trying to smoke when I noticed my ashtray had about a half a pack of 2 drag cigs put out in it. PV's make them taste soooo nasty.

Well anyway Hi ya'll and thanks again for the invite.

Shrodingers Other Cat

ECF Veteran
Apr 4, 2009
Outside Burton, TX
Debi here. Married, three dogs.

Thanks for the invite!

Born and raised in Los Angeles and I got to Texas as fast as I could. Note: because I've seen this far-and-wide over the Internets - we have 0 desire to remake Texas into SoCal or SoCal Lite - the way Texas IS is why we chose it.
Our objective was to go as rural as we could and still get the Internet and that landed us on the SE Texas prairie about 15 miles SW of Brenham, the home of Bluebell Ice Cream.

Started smoking at 13 (when the vending machines were still in use, I *think* the price was .75, as well as the ability to smoke in grocery stores - I thought my brother's first wife was SO cool with her Newport dangling), discovered clove cigarettes in college in the late 80s and never went back to Marlboro Lights.

I've been analog-free for exactly thirty-one days, and the only rough patch I've had was when all but one of the batteries for my 801 went to hell. On a Friday. But I had a whole new rig (510!) from eSmokeyTreats come Monday.
*phew!*

Anyway, that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Joe498

ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2009
Oh crap I forgot to introduce myself when I got my invite.

Hello, I am Joseph not Texas born but Texas raised (yes I am still angry my mother couldn't wait an hour for me to be born in Seminole, TX rather then NM. I started smoking early like everyone else, but unfortunately I do still smoke cigarettes, but there is a supplier that just got Winston Red juice which has been my brand since I started and I am hoping that helps me cut back.

I am on my first week starting with a M-402 and so far everything is great I enjoy the amount of Vapor I get along with the taste. I mainly use it for when I am out and about. I am already looking to move up to a vx2 or a DSE701 Havana soon for around the house.

sattec

ECF Veteran
Jul 4, 2009
mcallen texas
Hello everybody! I'm living the Rio Grande Valley, mcallen/harlingen/brownsville area...woohoo!
E-cigging is great, I can't believe how easy it was to walk away from cigarettes. i know i'm not done yet but after a few months, I never craved for the cigarette and the old habits are fading away. E-cigging is like a hobby to me......

camidaddy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2009
A, A
www.facebook.com
Hey ya'll! Thanks for the invite!

Charlie here, from Cypress, just NW of Houston. I'm sitting here smoking a Seneca Light 100...normally a Marlboro Light smoker of 20+ years but the dang prices have gotten so high the wife and I are ordering from an online cigarette vendor...5 cartons for $100 vs 1 for $50? Thing is, they taste like crap! I've quit smoking several times over the past few years, most recently at the beginning of this year for a few months and then something happens and all hell breaks loose.

So we're walking through the mall...sound familiar?...and come across the Smoke51 cart. Catches my interest enough to go out and look at their website and then find a discount code for 50% off and decide to make the plunge. It was a few days after that when I found this forum and then realized the mistake I made in product and pricing!

I placed my first order for a 510 kit from Innovapor last week and of course they've run into shipping backlog issues. :( My smoke51 is being nursed as much as possible as I am trying to save it for the 1 hour drives into the office. 1 dead battery already as well so I'm being just a little impatient right now!

Anyhow, married to another smoker and hoping to get her to try the EVO or something similiar at some point in the future. My 2 boys think this thing is awesome with my youngest continuing to ask/confirm that there's no rat poison with the e-cig...they teach 'em pretty young in school with the DARE program! My oldest is happy to see that the new truck doesn't stink since I've haven't smoked an analog in it yet! My dog, Abby, can't quite figure out why the vapor doesn't bother her but it doesn't and so she sleeps on my couch behind me as I'm working instead of leaving the office when I light up.

Going to miss the get-together this weekend since I'll be with my son at the BMX tracks but am looking forward to meeting up with everyone at a later date.

Last edited:
Thanks for the invite...

Born & raised in San Antonio, went to the panhandle for college (West Texas A&M University - GO BUFFS!), then a year in Oklahoma (sucked), then back to SA...

Been vapin' since October/November of last year, started with the Smoking Everywhere rip-off e-cigs, then found PureSmoker & have done the 901, 801, e-cigar...Now I'm on the Prodigy (rocks) and the new USB Pass-thru (rocks), also have a Janty Stick (a++) for the car/work (mainly because it's so small & looks like an mp3 player & comes with a handy-dandy case I can attach to my belt)...

Oh and **** San Antonio, I get hay fever every time I go to that damned city. And most people are very strange there... and the cops are stupid.

Sorry to hear about your allergies in SA, we are the allergy capital of the world I think. The trick is to dope up on sudafed BEFORE you come to SA, then you'll be fine the whole time you are here.

Agree with you on the second point, though. The cops here graduated from Oklahoma I think...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread