• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Welcome to Tejas Vapin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jennee26

ECF Veteran
May 8, 2009
Houston, TX
www.myspace.com
Sorry to hear about your allergies in SA, we are the allergy capital of the world I think. The trick is to dope up on sudafed BEFORE you come to SA, then you'll be fine the whole time you are here.

Agree with you on the second point, though. The cops here graduated from Oklahoma I think...

:lol: @ the cop joke!

darkmoondreamer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 6, 2009
Tyler, Texas
Hello all, I'm Karen, and live in a little town called Frankston, about 24 miles from Tyler. I have lived many places in Texas, but have settled here in the house I was born and raised in. I am 47 and have smoked for 35 years, since I was 12. Unless you also count when I was a little squirt of 4-5 I use to follow my Daddy around when he worked outside; he'd toss a lit .... on the ground (Kools, uggg) and I'd try to smoke it. I so fondly remember watching him perform the ritual of filling up his Zippo with lighter fluid and flint...The smell of the lighter fluid....I loved my Daddy, and I never saw him without a cigarette in his mouth.

Cigarette vending machines and smoking in grocery stores as well as any other store was still allowed in 1984 in Dallas, I even smoked in the hospital room after the birth of my first daughter that year. And before you ask, yes, I could not even quit during the two pregnancies of my girls, now 20 and 21.

I have tried it all, gum, patches, gum + patches at the same time, accupuncture, hypnosis, Chantix, lozanges, staples in my ears....you name it. Around 5 years ago, I found e-cigs on the internet but at the time they were only available in other countries. 2 months ago I was using Chantix, nicotine patches and gum at the same time if you can believe that. I weaned off the gum and patch and did Chantix for 2 weeks without cheating before it made me violently ill. I was virtually weaned off of the nicotine, but I MISSED the sensation of inhaling and exhaling smoke.

The same day I saw a news article that all of the teenagers in the movie "Twilight" smoked, and that a few were trying to quit by using the e-cig "SmokeStix". I began researching SmokeStix, and after a week buried in the bowels of the internet found this forum.

Husband Jerry and I both got Screwdrivers this week and are just beginning our journey. I haven't smoked one cigarette since I got mine. This is something I can do!!!!

A pleasure meeting all of you and I sure hope that we can have a get together soon!

CentroniX

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 11, 2009
Austin, TX
Howdy!

My name is Scott, 34 years old, and a Texas native. Born and raised in Houston, but moved to the Texas hill country as quick as I could! I'm in Leander, just north of Austin, and have been here for the last seven years. I'm an Information Technology Director for one of Texas' largest privately own construction companies. I'm happily married to my high school sweetheart, and we'll celebrate our thirteenth anniversary this October. I have a beautiful six year old daughter, and another due December 31st. I'm hoping for a boy; I don't get a say-so in the house as it is already, and I need backup! :D

I stupidly started smoking at the age of fourteen for the "cool factor," and in hindsight is probably one of the stupidest decisions I've made in my life. I've quit several times for a few months here and there, but never seemed to be able to stay off of them. I found out about eCigs from my Mother. Her Mother passed last year from breast cancer, and she's waged an all out war against anyone in our family who willingly partakes in anything that could lead to serious health issues. My wonderful wife and daughter bought me my first ecig for Father's Day this year and got me to try it.

My first attempt wasn't too successful. I looked at it as more of a novelty, and decided it was a pain in the .... to keep spares of everything, keep batteries charged, keep carts filled, etc. When the FDA released their statement in July, I used it as the perfect excuse to put it back in it's box. A few weeks ago, my daughter proudly proclaimed that she was going to smoke "just like Daddy" when she got old enough, as I light a cigarette on the porch one evening. Disgusted with myself, I pulled the ecig back out of the closet. Today at 6PM will mark my 4th full day being cigarette free!

So there ya have it! Thanks to you all for providing such a great support group and being here. I very much look forward to meeting some new friends and helping out where I can.

cent

Hey everyone, My name is Heli, but you can call me Lee. Born in Dallas, but grew up in Houston, and continue to reside here. I'm jut 20 years old (21 in january whoo!) but started smoking at 17. i remember a pack of reds would lats me a month back then.

I bought my Smoke Liberation jr (RN 4081) in march and started vaping, but keeping the damn thing charged proved to be more of a hassle than I thought. So soon enough i got tired of it, and when back to analogs. Neer had the intention to quit, I just thought e-cigs were nifty and cold proe to be useful.

Well over the weekend, me and my best friend made a pact to quit smoking cigarettes for at least a month. Made sure e-cigs didnt break out pact and we'll Ill be back on it soon. Looking to but a assthru battery and car charger for added convinience =P

So yeah Thanks for the invite. I joined earlier this year, but when i quit vaping i stopped browsing these forums. sooo... Hi and wish me luck! =P

Menville

ECF Veteran
Sep 1, 2009
Arlington,TX
Howdy folks,

I'm born and breed in Texas..My family came to Texas (on my mothers side) in 1821 and fought on the war for independence at San Jacinto, also my great grand father was a Texas Ranger..so I would have to say I'm a proud Texan.

Smoked analogs for 37 yrs, now been at e-cigs about 6 weeks, started off with a DSE 103, then to the first 510, expect another shipment tomorrow of a VS 510 supplied via a Texas distrubitor VS Vaping..Eric and I spoke several times today and their service is great and he is located in Lewisville TX, since I'm in Arlington thats perfect...;)

xaiver56

ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2009
Grand Prairie, TX
Hey Everyone,

Lived all around the metroplex for the past 10 years and I love it. Plano is where I grew up and now I am out in Grand Prairie/Mansfield area. I have been vaping since Monday and it has been awesome. My last analogue was Tuesday morning and I haven't looked back since.

I have a SS Micro, 510, and a vapor king. I have been telling all my smoking friends about e-cigs and vaping and so far everyone I talk to has been very interested. Besides vaping my other hobbies include reading, firearms(I am in Texas after all), and poker.

AngelBunny

ECF Veteran
Aug 31, 2009
McKinney, TX
Thanks for the add Lika ... love the idea of a TX group.

I am Erin BTW ... I have been in TX my entire life and doubt I will ever live elsewhere. I was born in Lubbock and grew up in a tiny town about 45 mins north of Lubbock called Hale Center ... then stayed in the same area until about 18 months ago when I moved to McKinney ... where life is most certainly different than what I was used to.

I am about as Texan as they get ... strong accent, deep roots (direct decendent of Quannah Parker, a well known Comanche chief and Native American icon) and a definite love of the history and culture. I taught high school marching band for a while but am now doing elem. music because I found that marching band hours were very hard on my two little boys (they are three and five). I have also taught music theory and TX and US history. I will eventually get back to HS marching band ... nothing makes me happier than friday night football games and stand tunes :D

I have been vaping for a month and put down the analogs the day I started vaping ... it has really not been difficult at all other than just finding juices that I like enough to not change flavors every half hour. I am very grateful for this forum and all the help it has given me to get away from smoking. I feel completely different since changing from smoker to vaper and that is a very very cool thing ...

JustSayHuh

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2009
Houston, Tx
Thank you for the invitation to the group. I've lived in Houston my entire life and now live in the First Colony/Sugar Land area. I came across vaping a few weeks ago and love it. I put the analogs down the day I bought my first PV which was a 501. Since then I have acquired a Vapor King which I really love and a Little Chuck which I am also a big fan of. I love trying new equipment and different juices. I am big into the different coffee flavors but also love the fruit flavors and cola type juices.

Looking forward to the conversation here in the Texas group. So far ECF has proven to be a great place for information!

Devious

Sep 22, 2009
Baird, Texas
Thanks for the invite. I am born and raised in the great state of Texas. I later had to relocate for 4 years to Kansas (NAFTA forced). 4 years later had to leave there because of downsizing, thanks to decreasing aircraft manufacturing needs. Now I live in Baird and work in Abilene as a QA Technician for Coca-Cola. It has been a great life and now I see it lasting longer thanks to vaping. I am married and have several children, 4 natural and adopted 4 loving more. Currently only have 4 left in the roost. Thanks for having me in the group and hopefully we can have a group meet sometime in the future. Have fun!!

Reality is for those that lack imagination...

Zoomie57

ECF Veteran
Jul 18, 2009
San Angelo, TX
I've been here since '96 and retired from the AF in 2001. Been smoking for 30+ years and dropped the analogs for e cigs about 3 months ago. With Angelo State here there must be more vapers here than Opuscroakus and me. Using the 510 from SmokeyTreats and upgrading to a Chuck when it gets here. I've got a wide range of samples of e liquid but I think I've settled on Nhaler and diyflavorshack for now.

Vap' em if ya got 'em

Zoomie57

Zoomie57

ECF Veteran
Jul 18, 2009
San Angelo, TX
I've been here since '96 and retired from the AF in 2001.

Been smoking for 30+ years and dropped the analogs for e cigs about 3 months ago. Using the 510 from SmokeyTreats and upgrading to a Chuck when it gets here. I've got a wide range of samples of e liquid but I think I've settled on Nhaler and diyflavorshack for now.

With Angelo State here there must be more vapers here than Opuscroakus and me.

Vap' em if ya got 'em

Zoomie57

m1273c

ECF Veteran
Oct 7, 2009
Texas, U.S.A.
I wrote a very pithy/funny intro but argh! didn't copy before hitting the save button and it was gone! Stupid, stupid, stupid!

I am a native Texan, have lived here continously, like our individualistic spirit, don't like livestock or its accoutrements. I cultivate a non-accent speech pattern, have humanistic leanings, and am excited to start vaping.

I will hopefully get my 1st vaporizer on Tuesday (crossed fingers). I am excited and so is my domestic partner/boyfriend/hunk o' burnin' love of eight years.

This has been an extremely condensed version of my magically disappearing 1st post! :)

FizzleFisch

ECF Veteran
Sep 20, 2009
Lake Travis - Texas
Howdy Folks!

Nevermind that voice behind the door.... Dave IS IN FACT HERE!!

Yep that's me... I'm Dave :D

Amarillo born...(long..looonggg time ago). Lived all over the U.S. from coast to coast while growing up cuz dad worked for DOD-Navy. Moved back to Austin in '75 and finally out to Lake Travis to escape the rampant prosperity boom of the mid-'90s. - Sure did manage to dodge that one real well. :confused:

Married once.. - But now I'm just a single, old, grumpy, tired, silly, irreverent, over-fed & under-educated but lovable teddy smelly-bear. The perfect epitome of a worthless social wart and an aging momma's-boy bachelor. I'm afraid I must insist ya'll keep my whereabouts a secret though... it's just I've always had a hard time dealing with runaway public adoration and the brutal insecurity that inevitably grows out of immense celebrity status.:cool:

Anyway....
On the Autumnal Equinox of this year (22-Sept) I got my Janty-Stick in the mail. After just a bit of an iffy start with it.. I did finally get that funky pregnant-thumbdrive looking rascal to hiss-&-sizzle pretty good. --
Si..muy Perfecto! :thumb:

Nope! - Haven't smoked a *$#^&U*%#@# cigarette since. Still try'n to figure out what happened over those last forty years though. -- It's almost like there was always some kind of smokey haze that were make'n it hard to see or think clearly. Oh well.... it's always ever onward thru the fog ..ain't it eh?

Thank you Lika for the gracious invite. You've warmed my heart's cockles! I can now rest easy cuz I've got a friendly pack of homey-coyotes to hang with and call my own.;)

-- Now don't worry about Chong... he's just freaking that the FDA might be look'n to hunt me down. It's just cuz o' the really big stink I'm fixing to send their way. I can only take but just so much Bulls**t being shoveled onto what little path I still got left in front of me....
.... before I start to feeling like it's time to break out the Burdizzo.

Cheers Everyone!!
dave <Fisch at the lake>

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread