What If You Caught Your Kid Vaping?

Discussion in 'Vapor4Life' started by Tracker II, Jun 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Tracker II

Tracker II Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

You know, in the four months that I've been vaping, it has never occurred to me until today that one day my teenage son might find my device and give it a go. And I got to wondering what exactly my reaction would be if I caught him vaping - after the initial shock of course. Even though I have nothing but 0mg juice, I think that my level of being upset on the 1-10 scale would be about a 9. Maybe that seems high but I think that developing any unnecessary habit is ... uh ... unnecessary and sad. I also would be afraid that this would be his proverbial "gateway to smoking". I would be very, very afraid.

I know, I know - sit down and have a talk with him and blah blah blah. But I really don't want to go there on this particular thread. What I do want to know is, how upset would you be?

2. LeAnn

LeAnn Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

why would you be upset? If that's the worst thing he gets involved with I would call you a lucky dad. He is going to grow up and he is going to experiment and let's just hope that it's with 0 nic e-cigs!!!!!!

3. AG51

AG51 ECF Guru ECF Veteran

I'd be a 5 on da scale I think. As long as it didn't lead to smoking cigarettes, you can't be that upset. Because, it's healthier right? But you're right, it's a habit that doesn't have to be started for a kid.

4. Keener

Keener Super Member ECF Veteran

Ya' know, this is a good question. Something I hadn't even thought about. Cigarettes... oh yeah, definitely mulled that one over (one of the reasons ol' dad is fighting to quit). Not sure what I'd do, or if I could be mad, but now I can sit and wonder about it. And ponder on it I most certainly shall. Thanks for bringing this up.

5. keyzygirl

keyzygirl ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Id be mad,but madder if it was a regular cig.

6. Chesterwiz

Chesterwiz Super Member ECF Veteran

I would sit them down and make em vape like 100 carts until.....oh wait that wont work....

7. Darth Skirata

Darth Skirata Senior Member ECF Veteran

Just make 0mg juice available for them if they want to, there's no harm in it if there is no nicotine, and there no reason for the nicotine if you're not already an addict.

8. Clover~

Clover~ Ultra Member ECF Veteran

hmm this is future thinkin....I dont has kids... if my kid was 8 ya Id freak out...but 16...17.... eh.... but then again Im not a parent.

9. Morandir835

Morandir835 Idiot Guru ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    No kids here either Tracker II sir, but honestly wouldn't be that mad if my future daughter or son decided to. Yeah, it's an addictive substance potentially, but what can't really get on them for the same choices I made....

10. KrisBKream

KrisBKream Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Northwest Indiana. Chicago TV, Indiana taxes
    I'd give it about a 9 as well. A little because of the same worries you mentioned, but mostly because my wife would blow a gasket and blame me. And force me to back her up on whatever she said. This is another good reason why I'm trying to educate her on e-cigarettes LOL

11. Clover~

Id honestly be more scared they were prescribed something they could be addicted to in pill form than nicotine.

12. Ghost Song

Ghost Song Senior Member ECF Veteran

i dunno, i also don't have any kids. if i'd warned them to stay away from my ecig stuff and explained to them why and they got caught vaping, i guess i'd be upset. maybe around 7 or 8. if i never talked to my kids about vaping and saw them trying my stuff, i couldn't really blame them for being curious. maybe a 1 or 2.

but, yeah...there would still have to be some talking and actual parenting. /sigh

13. Luma

Luma Super Member ECF Veteran

Lonetree, Colorado / By The Beach, Florida
    The classic tough love move. Put em on a dual coil carto filled with 36mg of menthol at 6 volts. That'l teach em!

LOL.

14. teslastick

teslastick Super Member ECF Veteran

Get an ... whoopin every time they did it till they turn 18. That's because I told them not to and they understand that.

15. Kingbtheone

Kingbtheone Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

same here!!!!!!!!

16. Mary Kay

Mary Kay ECF Guru ECF Veteran

I would be thrilled! Of course my son smokes and he is 41! If one of my grands tried it..they would be sent to the kitchen to fetch one of my skillets! I wouldn't hit them ...but they wouldn't know that!

17. air1

air1 Senior Member ECF Veteran

Don't blow a gasket about vaping. Are you kidding me? I'd give it a 1 for vaping. But a 9 for doing something that they were told not to. That being said. Be a parent (I'm not saying your not), just do the parental thing. Educate them about how bad it sucks being a 2nd hand citizen. How much money it costs you when you smoked, why you vape now kind of stuff. It will be natural for them to want to try it, so let them if they want in front of you. This way they won't have incentive to sneak it, because they will try it one way or the other. Kids have it pretty bad right now. Designer pot (spice), designer coke (bath salts), pot that will really mess you up (laced with fermaldahyde or something like that). Give them a real education on real problems that they face everyday. And everybody is doing it peer pressure, and how to deal with that. My 2 cents

18. flbutterfly1

flbutterfly1 Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Already been there my 16 yr old daughter. I left my e-cig in the car while I ran into the pharmacy, when I came back my youngest told on her. I told her to keep her lips off of it first. Then gave her hell for thinking she was allowed to use it. Then gave her the smoking sermon. Then continued to tell her no matter how cool the purple led is it is still for smoking and she shouldn't be touching it blah,blah,blah. Then I told her she better be glad it was only 0mg if there had been nic in it she would be puking and not looking so cool anymore. Her response was "I didn't inhale". Nice answer huh.

19. Clover~

lol butterfly....thats hilarious...didnt inhale...hah!

20. Stevew443

Stevew443 Super Member ECF Veteran

My reaction would be... where the heck did I get a kid? I don't remember ever having one before, why do I have one now?

Actually, I would not be all that upset at a child of mine (at least a mid teen) vaping. I would hope we would have a relationship that allowed us to discuss things like vaping and smoking and other father/son problems.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.