What is that perfume taste?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lulubell360

ECF Veteran
Feb 8, 2010
Gulf Shores, AL
My computer @ home is having issues so I can only post (quickly) when I'm @ work.I am getting strawberry, bannana, Ruy4?, & apple from Jane. I have been using the strawberry & bannana & love them the apple & ruy one (cant remember what its called) she is sending me free* to try. She is very nice I spoke to her on the phone the other day & she gave me some good advice. She has been vaping for several years. Her strawberry is on sale right now also for $9.99 for 30 ml. I tried the 555 from her & didn't like it but I think it was me & I had just gotten used to the fruit flavors. I just got some USA blend for only $5.00 from e-cig supply & it is not bad for a tobacco falvored juice. It kinda tastes like what came in the pre-filled carts w/my first kit. I also got some attys from them because the 801's are only $5.00 right now. I also ordered a 901 atty but they mistakenly sent me 2 801's (easy mistake) & I called & talked to Matt & he said to keep the extra 801 & he would send me a 901 nice guy, so basically I got 2 801's for $5.00. I just thought I should try some other juices. I will post regarding the other 2 from Jane when I've tried them.:)

IdolLurker

ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2009
Florida USA
You know it might be kind of a hassle but maybe there should be a social club or juice exchange...

In the Classifieds and Swaps there is a new thread called Paying It Forward. This is like the game "TAG you are it" so the most recent post is offering some freebees that you can claim. Once you claim it then you have to post some freebees for the next person.

This is a good place to do something with those flavors and ecig supplies that just didn't work out for you. One person's dislikes is anothers favorite!!

vapingboy

Mar 30, 2010
chicago
So, I got my Mrs Ts liquid in the mail yesterday. And all i got to say is WOW!!! :thumb:

The Banana Fosters Coffee is out of this world!!! Very Rich and Creamy. And every time I vape it, I feel the need to eat something similar in taste!! - LOL!

Really, I mean, I get a craving to *eat* something that is similar to this in taste!

Also, the Kahlua and Cream is outstanding! It's a dark complex flavor with a slight sweetness to it. Just fantastic! I don't feel like eating something after vaping this one but the Banana Fosters just gets my taste buds fired up. And I actually get hungry for a dessert :p

lulubell360, thanks for suggestions... I'll try Jane's next.

IdolLurker, You are right. I posted a WTB thread in there and surprisingly found a Halo Freedom seller! Will also post for sale the TW liquids that I don't like and hopefully get a buyer for it.

lulubell360

ECF Veteran
Feb 8, 2010
Gulf Shores, AL
I got my kick juice in the mail yesterday & I am very happy:). I have my favorites (strawberry & bannana) I mix about 2/3 sb to 1/3 bannana. The apple she sent me to try is not bad really fruity & the other one is called yuyan & I don't think it's on her website but she said the fruit ones don't give much of a throat hit & to cut em w/this. I did try it on it's on & i'm not really sure how to describe it but it does have a better throat hit. It's kinda tobacco flavored with a hint of sweetness? It's good! I hopefully have plenty of juice for awhile but will defiantely be trying ms. t's next. Oh & some on here said my maxxvapor pro looked like a 901 based on the save a smoker website & I thought so too but it is not I found out. will check in later happy vaping all:w00t:

vapingboy

Mar 30, 2010
chicago
Guys,

I wanted to bring to your attention this thread I came across the other day

Does Vaping cause phlegm

Especially read the post from TropicalBob.

I am experiencing this, and I have only been vaping about 3 weeks so it's really gotten me worried about the long term effects of continuing.

I don't want to go off topic for this thread. If some of you have experienced this, maybe you can post your experiences on the other thread. And even if you haven't, it's something you guys may want to read and proceed with caution.

Thanks

Last edited:

mini_art

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 2, 2010
Florida USA
Not to hijack the thread either , but vaping doesn't cause phlegm, however quitting smoking and hacking up all those years of accumulated junk does LOL

Quote from Tropical Bob

"YES. It does. And it worsens the longer a person e-smokes. New research, not yet released, is showing phlegm might be the most significant danger of e-smoking. And it results from both PG and VG. No difference. "

So what is his source of this new research that is not yet released ? hmmmmm

Hagbard Jones

ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2010
Maryland
Thanks Hagbard Jones. That makes sense; and I wonder why most of them are like that. Guess it must be that by weight is the default way of mixing things.

No problem, just thought I'd chime in since I have looked into different tobacco flavors as a whole. There is a new add-on for Microsoft word that is a chemistry reader/writer I had 4 Major Chinese companies all answer my inquires in chemical form. That was a major plus for figuring out the base. 4 main
1.) Linalool Uses: Terpenes and terpenoids | Flavors | Alcohols | Plant toxin insecticides | Alkenes

2.)Piperonal Uses: It finds use as a flavoring and inperfume. (Also on the DEA banned substance list)

3.) Alkylpyrazine aka dimethylpyrazine Uses: taste and aroma of various foods including coffee and wines. Alkylpyrazines are also formed during the cooking of some foods via Maillard reactions.

Maillard reaction:This reaction is the basis of the flavoring industry. At high temperatures (sound like a battery heating up an atomizer anyone?), however, the harmful acrylamide can be formed. It is these same compounds that flavor scientists have used over the years to create artificial flavors. Remember regular cigarettes have chemicals too. One significant issue is that while all these chemical compounds have been approved as additives to food, they were not tested by burning. Burning changes the properties of chemicals. 599 additives in cigarettes, more than 4,000 chemical compounds are created by burning a normal cigarette.

and a 4th I will keep secret as it will not/cannot produce the taste in question.

mini_art, he is not only one that is coming out with this; If you google for it, you'll find it mentioned a few other places as well.

Now are these studies being done with a control group? An accurate test could only be done if you took 150 people made them into 3 groups as follows.

1.) 50 who have not been identified as smoker/vaper/non-smoker/vaper
2.) 50 who smoke
3.) 50 who do not smoke and have not smoked ever

then you'd have to divide the groups more as follows. Make 25 of the smokers quit cold turkey and 25 of the non smokers start Vaping like an average vaper.
Then you have to place each in the same atmosphere or you have to factor in all of the following as well.

1.) Food consumption/allergies
2.) Cigarette consumption/allergies
3.) Seasonal allergies
4.) Changes in other daily habits/consumption
5.) Environment changes

as well as a ton of other factors that are too long to continue, but that's only if you want an accurate test done and not a test that can be skewed.

Last edited:

mini_art

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 2, 2010
Florida USA
Rumers fly faster on the internet then a jet plane. I do get kind of tired of every little ailment being attributed to vaping when all the released scientific studies I have read have said that there is no harm to the ingredients in vape , even when vaporized.
In fact some have proven to be helpful .

when there are more actual published scientific studies then I will read them too,
Anyone claiming yet to be released studies, well I have to ask how they got the information before it was published?

Until then I believe it to be to the communities benefit to not profess to know what is not verified. This is how rumors start.

I cannot help but find it ironic that people who were oh so willing to stick a log of burning
plants in their mouth and inhale a literal ton of poisen are so freaked out about " it may cause phlegm"

Sorry , I am a bit cranky about this i guess,

Hagbard Jones

ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2010
Maryland
First study about vaporizing PG was done in 1942 and showed benefits to the body. The rest of the stuff in e-juice is in regular cigarettes. So I would guess between that publicly printed study, the list of normal ingredients in tobacco vapor (same as a few in analogs) when combined, show a scientific study showing e-cigs are a healthy improvement over analogs.

scientific studies I have read have said that there is no harm to the ingredients in vape , even when vaporized.

In fact some have proven to be helpful .

vapingboy

Mar 30, 2010
chicago
mini_art (or should I call you cranky! :p),

Don't people's experiences count for anything in your book? A community is formed to share experiences with everyone; and that is exactly what is being done on that thread. It has nothing to do with forming and spreading rumors! And it also has nothing to do with a secret scientific study.

Everyone's body is different and so we all react differently. For some it took 3 weeks, others it took 9 month, and yet others 1 year or more. And yet there are others that haven't noticed anything - More power to them! I'm sure it also matters how much an individual vaped along with a few other factors. (Age I'm sure plays into this).

I'm not arguing if vaping is less harmful then smoking, nor do I say, stop vaping and go back to smoking. I'm sure vaping is lessor of the two evils, but it is evil nonetheless.

When I first started, I was so excited and told my wife how PG is used in inhalers and this has to be the best thing since sliced bread and how I feel so much better vaping instead of smoking. I went on and on about how it's such a safe alternative to smoking. And believing in that I vaped quite a bit; trying out different juices to see what suits my fancy (hence this thread), and I even started vaping in my house. Second hand vape is nothing but water vapor, right :)

I vaped just as much as I smoked, which was about a pack a day and in juice terms about 1.5 - 2.5 mls.

4 weeks later - Boom - phlegm. Clear and thick, forming at the back of my throat. And that is something my wife pointed out as I had been clearing my throat a lot more then when I was smoking. So, I did a Google search and found that thread.

I posted it here, only as an FYI. And as a word of caution to others. Had I known, I was going to get labeled as a rumor monger, I wouldn't have bothered. As a community member, I felt I had an obligation to notify others. Re-read my post. I don't give an opinion about it except to say I'm experiencing it, and I don't ask for an opinion either.

Hagbard Jones,

I have read those studies as well. And deep down we all take shelter in those studies because in our nicotine addictive minds, we want to be able to tell ourselves just how we are being good to our bodies because we vape. It's got less chemcials, simpler content, no Carbon monixide, no combustion, and on and on..... And on the surface it is true. But we don't know the long term effects of this. No one does and yes no "real" scientific study has been done on this because really it's a fairly new industry. Till the big companies get into this business and have the dollars to spend on getting a study done, I doubt we'll get to see one.

But also keep in mind, how many scientifc studies have you come across that has been dead wrong? I can think of a few because they didn't account for the whole picture.

Guys,

The whole point of the post is to say, "Hey be a little cautious here. And take it slowly" Don't get taken away by how great the e-cig is, and how much safer it is to an analog and be under the impression that you can continue to vape till eternity."

I am continuing to vape, though a lot less, and I'm vaping it like a pipe so I don't know inhale as much, but I'm now going to use it as a stepping stone to eventually quit.

Take Care.

Last edited:

OaklandCA

ECF Veteran
Feb 27, 2010
OaklandCA
no prob with your info but so off topic you seem to have hijacked the thread. I am trying to figure out where i can get juice with a minimum of crud and clear flavors.

as far as vendor policy additives etc. it seems to me that a common purpose for all of us would be to ask/demand/shop from vendors who clearly post ingredients with sale information and also on the bottle or on shipping manifest. if they are reselling they should pressure their suppliers in turn.

not a big deal--they should know what they put in/where they buy it etc. and we should demand no less.

clear ingredient lists will be of use to people seeking certain flavors (or avoiding them) and as research about heating these ingredients is known recipes can be refined.

already its clear that niche marketers are following bettter practices. let's see if we cant pressure the suppliers and vendors to folllow suit.

once last comment--if the perfume drives the OP that crazy why not order pure PG, pure clavors, an appropriate dilution on nic and mix to taste.

OaklandCA

ECF Veteran
Feb 27, 2010
OaklandCA
also in terms of information theory all of these divergent opinions commonly posted but based on individual experience are an excellent method for pinning things down http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Wisdom_of_Crowds even as elusive as a subjective experience of perfumey taste--and i don't like that taste either!

Last edited:

AngeLsLuv

ECF Veteran
Apr 5, 2009
Lake Ariel, PA.
Everytime I have quit smoking for 3 months or more I would cough up all sorts of phlem. Those stupid lungs of mine, where do they get off clearing themselves out.
Exactly!!! If someone quits smoking their lungs need to remove the garbage... Also, if someone has allergies or is asthmatic (or boarderline asthmatic) and is unaware of it, even more phlem will be excreted... This is a silly statement (ooohhhh a study was done.. OMG!! Stop vaping it's bad for you!!! There was a secret study done), to make since a person's body needs to eliminate all the stuff one puts in a body..

There will be plenty of "studys" that will attempt to deter people from vaping, because the major companys aren't selling all this stuff.. The companys include all the tobacco companys and the pharmasudicals because if you don't smoke the tobacco companys are losing money, and if you quit smoking and want to quit using tobacco, the pharmsudical companys will not get any money from a person buying all the garbage "quit smoking products"...

You also need to remember that the tobacco lobbyists and the pharmsudical companys' lobbyists are kissing the FDA and the goverment's tushy with kick backs...

Thing about it.. The FDA is fighting this industry tooth and nail.. They want a person to not smoke,yet they tell a person to stop vaping.. In return, a vaper-er is sumposed to either quit with the phaemsudical products or go back to smoking.. Plus how many studys and products has the FDA approved and pushed that ended up being wrong and/or killed someone???

Devilooman

ECF Veteran
Apr 1, 2010
Indian Trail, NC
I think this perfume taste is what gives me the spastic shivers every time I come across it. For me it's mostly fruit juices from china and prefilled cartos. I love V4L but I haven't run across a prefilled carto that I liked. I haven't tried very many but all the ones I have so far have had this. To save my dekangs and other cartos I put some menthol in it. The dekang menthol is just that... no sweetener, just menthol. If I add that to the fruit flavors they don't have the perfume taste anymore. I'm sure it's because the menthol covers it up but I can still taste the fruit just no more ucky shiver taste, lol. I

I've never had the perfumed taste from my TV flavors either. Love the AC and just ordered a menthol/peach blend so REALLY looking forward to that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread