• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

What's in an oath?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mightymen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Nov 22, 2012
    No you can't
    With the media attention that Kim Davis is receiving some may wonder why doesn't she comply and do her job and lets move on. At the end of her oat she repeated these words "so help me God". Oath Kim Davis the clerk of Rowen County KY took Section_228

Biblical Guidelines for Oaths this is an great read that all Christian should read.
    Antithesis at Reformed.org

Now I'm not saying she read this or understand it. None of Know. If life was only that simple.
    But what I do know and heard her say it is against her religious belief and will not issue any marriage license.

Reactions: Saintscruiser

Saintscruiser

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 24, 2010
    Mississippi
    This courageous lady needs our prayers! This is nothing less than persecuting this lady for her religious beliefs. I completely support her and pray that all Christians support her and her stand. I have heard her compared to Rosa Parks. Doing the right thing is never wrong. I can't help but wonder...how many of us would go to jail like she did. It's not over for her yet, as MM pointed out to me.

Well put, MM. Good post!:)

Reactions: mightymen

mightymen

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Nov 22, 2012
    No you can't
    This courageous lady needs our prayers! This is nothing less than persecuting this lady for her religious beliefs. I completely support her and pray that all Christians support her and her stand. I have heard her compared to Rosa Parks. Doing the right thing is never wrong. I can't help but wonder...how many of us would go to jail like she did. It's not over for her yet, as MM pointed out to me.

Well put, MM. Good post!:)

It will never be over for her IMO: until she's with the Lord.

People will look at her as being special and yeah sort of worshipping her. It will be a NEW form of temptation that she'll have always, it's called vanity and the Preacher wrote about it in the Old Testament (Ecclesiastes 1). Then there's those who will always want to harm her for taken the position she did.

Reactions: Saintscruiser
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread