• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

God, Jesus, Church and Vapers

Status
Not open for further replies.

MissVapor

ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2009
Vapin Hot Florida
MV, see Matt 11:19 and Luke 7:34. Also Matt 15:11: "Not what goes into the mouth defiles a man; but what comes out of the mouth, this defiles a man."

~~Cheryl

Ok yes, Jesus ate and drank but it was others that called him gluton and drunkard, that doesn't mean he WAS one. Is that what you were trying to say?

Yes, of course, MV. That was His reputation among certain segments of society, but we know that He was without sin. Still, he could not have been an ascetic like John the Baptist, or they never would have called Him those names. His views on eating, drinking, ritual hand washing, Sabbath observance, etc. were decidedly more liberal than the scribes and Pharisees preached, and we have numerous examples in the Gospels.

So does my previous post make a little better sense, in that light?

~~Cheryl

Saintscruiser

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2010
Mississippi
It sort of reminds me of the: Did Everyone Smoke - thread I started. But.....that was before this room became a Social Group. I was just impressed with BKM's boldness! His avatar is a biker....probably himself, I'd think. And here he has the 'appearance' of an anti-society rebel rouser,' and he stood tall, bold, with Jesus and I think that is so very, very cool!!! :w00t: This just proves a point not to 'judge' a book by it's cover.....no offense, BKM! Love you, brother, Glory to God!:wub:

ErikaG

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 15, 2011
Ohio USA
Www.erikasphotography.com
You definitely can't judge a book by it's cover. I had a friend that was walking in the dark to her car at a nearby mall. 3men started following her. She looked around and the only person she saw was a huge burly biker lookin guy (not meant to be offensive at all). He was smoking and his arms were covered in tatoos. She walked past him and only said "help". The 3 men continued to follow. Suddenly, out of nowhere a semi cam flying through the parking lot, right at these men. And lo and behold, the driver was the man she asked for help from. He ran the guys off and gave her enough time to get in her car, lock the doors and leave. You just never know what form an angel may take.

Saintscruiser

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2010
Mississippi
God definitely protected her with warrior angels. Whew! Praise God for that man, is all I can say! That just gives you chills. Parking lots are playgrounds to criminals.....even in broad daylight. It is a scary world, now. I don't even like taking my dog out at night by myself. Of course that is what Mr. Gun's job is all about.:)

I am a dedicated born again christian and i vape and am also a former 2 pack a day smoker for over 30 years. I know that the body is " A temple of the Lord", but i do not think that God condems us for vaping. After all, we are giving up the worst part of cigarettes and trying to become more respectful of our bodies. I think all is good Maxx as Long as we are the Lords children.
After all, God is no respecter of persons.
Peace

I didnt read the whole thread, But did want to say that I am sooo pleased to have a group to come to- I am a Christian- and feel VERY deeply about my faith and my love of God- I have always felt that 'excess' was the sin, not the smoking, or drinking- (although I did grow up with an alcoholic mother and have always belived that was a sin)

Anyway, I am thrilled there is a place where I can praise God, with out all the conflict it always brings when on the web. I do believe that God is helping me with this- He brought 2 wonderful people into my life who decided to pay it forward and are helping me get set up- I have prayed for years for a cure to my 'sickness'- And unfortunatly, I am just too weak to walk away from my cigarettes. But with the vaping, I dont even want one!!

ANyway- its great to know there are other folks who believe- Thanks for starting the thread!

Saintscruiser

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2010
Mississippi
Welcome Welcome Welcome!!!! We love new faces here that we can fellowship with. We help our brothers and sisters and they help us. We will not judge you if you are still smoking some instead of 100% vaping. Few of us only vape. It will happen when it happens. That is what is so cool about e-cigs.....you can still smoke along with them. It's not like the patch, which I've never tried. I will tell you this......it was sooooooo cool for me to mark 'no' to the question of whether I smoke or not on a doctor's info sheet. I love vaping in a doctor's office...movie theater....closed car....anywhere I want that would not offend or disrespect Jesus.:2cool: I love freaking people out.:laugh:

trukinlady

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Feb 24, 2010
Missouri, USA
Welcome q4mk! (I hope it's OK if I abbreviate. I'm not the world's bet typist! lol!)

I hope you'll feel comfortable here! These are great people to fellowship with, and you don't have to worry about being judged. We do try hard to keep peace here, by staying true to His Word--love one another.
We are all at different stages of growth in our walks with Him, and by no means does it make any of us better or smarter than the other. We are a family. Welcome!

I hope you'll stop by again soon!! :)

trukinlady

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Feb 24, 2010
Missouri, USA
You definitely can't judge a book by it's cover. I had a friend that was walking in the dark to her car at a nearby mall. 3men started following her. She looked around and the only person she saw was a huge burly biker lookin guy (not meant to be offensive at all). He was smoking and his arms were covered in tatoos. She walked past him and only said "help". The 3 men continued to follow. Suddenly, out of nowhere a semi cam flying through the parking lot, right at these men. And lo and behold, the driver was the man she asked for help from. He ran the guys off and gave her enough time to get in her car, lock the doors and leave. You just never know what form an angel may take.

I just read this again, (I got distracted the first time, and forgot about responding! :blush:) and I have to say praise God for the trucker!! I'm glad she was able to leave safely!!!! Her angel was working overtime! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread