With Cera coming are AVA atomizers EOLed?

Discussion in 'Innovapor' started by gorman, Nov 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. gorman

gorman Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Is it the end for AVA atomizers? I look at Thermovape website and I can't understand how the Cera Liquid is supposed to work. Where do I load the liquid, how do I clean it, does it have anything resembling an atomizer?

2. TheSneakerHoarder

TheSneakerHoarder Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I'm a little scared that my favorite atty may not ever be made again...might have to stock up JIC.

3. Riverboat

Riverboat Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    SneakerHorder.... The AVAs are no longer being made.... What are you going to do

4. atavanhalen

atavanhalen Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

They will still rebuild them for people, from what I hear on another forum, the coil is going to be vertical and will hold twice as much as an ava, also the heater/coil is warrantied for a year. I cant wait to see how this works.

5. gorman

Aesthetically the Cera is clearly not for everyone. AVAs gave access to Thermovape's technology to every vaper. Cera chains the tech to a single approach. :(

6. atavanhalen

I get what your saying and agree for the most part but it is quite versatile in the sense that it has 3 different cores for different materials, e-liquid, loose leaf, and essential oils. I want one of these but will wait for a sale.

7. TheSneakerHoarder

TheSneakerHoarder Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I might just send apex an email about getting my AVAs re-built. Hopefully they will, otherwise I'm going to have to pony up for an Ody for my GG.

*sniff

8. gorman

Well, see... on this forum I doubt that lots of people could care for loose leaves or essential oils. That's versatility wasted on us.
    What I see is abandoning a clear industry standard (510 threading) in exchange for a proprietary one. That usually is not a good thing, to be honest.

9. junkman

junkman Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Wow $250 premium for titanium cap vs. stainless. :confused:

10. RippleInStillWater

RippleInStillWater Supplier's Manufacturer - Offline Verified Member ECF Veteran

You're being facetious, right? :laugh:

11. Riverboat

Supporting member
    Look at their battery prices.... way over priced!

$24.99
    2900 mAH 18650 Protected Li-Co
    American wrapped Japanese 2900mAH 18650 Li-Co cells ****Probely just Panasonics re-wraped****

12. Riverboat

Supporting member
    IncludedTech SpecsProduct Descrpition

Cera - Liquid Vaporizer (Titanium)

$499.99

• FDA Approved Structurally Stabilized Ceramic Ceramic

• All Ceramic Vapor Path, twenty times stronger than glass

• US sourced Titanium and Stainless Steel materials.**** For the price I want 100% Titanium parts***
    • UL Listed IP65 switch. (tamper proof, water resistant)

• Efficient proprietary Iron alloy wire coiled around a Stabilized Ceramic core

• Screen free, clog free, high flow, stir free, deflective air pathway mouthpiece

• Completely insulated Stabilized Ceramic core

• Four times the battery life from previous models

13. gorman

sorry, English is not my native language. What do you mean?

14. junkman

junkman Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

He means that he thinks you are joking that people at ECF wouldn't be interested in vaporizing some certain leaves. But actually, it is on two levels, because I think by asking if you are being facetious he is making a joke himself. If English isn't your native language the nuance could be hard to catch.

Basically, he is saying "you must be making a joke" but he knows you weren't.

15. vaptamist

vaptamist Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

There are plenty of 510 PV's out there. In fact there are more than enough. 510 isn't even all that great, especially considering that people are having to design their expensive rebuildable atomizers to a garbage connector because it's the industry standard. Honestly, you can't have innovation if you stick to the status quo for fear of "rocking the boat". I don't get excited about 510 devices anymore, but I am excited about the Cera, because it's something different. Does that mean its good? We don't know yet - only time will tell. But its a heck of a lot more exciting than stainless steel 510 PV #1,387, or Variable voltage 510 PV #762.

16. vaptamist

vaptamist Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

I agree - I think the Titanium is overpriced for what it is. That's disappointing, because I *love* titanium. It doesn't seem like there's enough Titanium in the PV to justify being twice the price of the Stainless Steel version.

17. gorman

Actually, I was talking about AVA atomizers. Those can (could) be used on any model you wanted, be it big battery, bottom feeder, whatever. That flexibility is gone. And what we've got is something closely resembling a white pleasure-giving toy. Color me unexcited, what can I say?

18. atavanhalen

I saw them mention that they will continue to service old products including heating cores on the ava's, it was on another forum.

19. atavanhalen

Your right about that but at least there is the SS one that is within reach. I am gonna just wait until they have a sale and pick one up.

20. peteskeet

peteskeet Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

im so curious about this thing its teasing me that they don't have an in-depth explanation or video. such a cool multifunctional tool for people that vape other things aside from liquid.... but i am very curious as to how the liquid vape works. the leaf looks like common sense.

: lavatube
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.