Not open for further replies.

ukeman

PV Masher
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Kauai, Hawaii
No the Vmax is aluminum or SS... you have a few choices. Yes they are metal, but something about the Vmax ciruitry that makes this mod hit like a beast... it's not just mine. If you check out the Vmax threads you'll see. There are some deals around including a co-op.

I sold hundreds of dollars of new atomizers and a bunch of APV's and accessories ($400 worth) about 2-3 months ago when i got turned on to Hanna's attys, and bought a doz (!)
I bought about 5 AVA's.
The 357 1.5 LR's can be fired up fabulously on a 3.7 pv... i.e. my two eGo batts. That saves $.
But back to AVA's LR... you need more firepower.
Personally I like having some extra's, but I am hoping for more innovation from a ceramic wicked atomizer.

Ukeman,
Is the vmax plastic? Wont the heat of the atty effect the mod?

Also a curious question to all, how many of these are people buying? I only bought one and I'd like another but I'm feeling a little too uncomfortable with the heat to spend another $50 maybe in the future if they make a new version that is less heat conductive.

I know its all about budgets, at least for me -- but I'd like to know if the evaluation of these attys is better/different with multiple ones in hand.

hmm

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2011
NYC
I used the AVA for three days now and still cant get it broken in right. Practice makes perfect. I think I'll look around for a stainless steel drip shield for it. Anyone know a place to buy one? I think a SS one of metal one so the only thing that melts is the o rings.

I do apologize if I am posting my accessory question in a thread that is meant for review of the AVA atomizer. PM me if you have any leads. I don't mean to contaminate the thread.

AaronY

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 26, 2011
Santa Monica
No strange reading for me, but i only have ventured to LR and SR.... I seem to need a lot of volts for these so wouldn't know what to do with HV AVA.
ymmv of course.

I am going to try Pluid in my LR tonight.
Nice tell me how that goes. I am vaping HV with a bit more then 7.4 v. The batteries charge a bit higher then 3.7 each and I stack them. It is great. I haven't tried a LR but 2 of the SR read right. But this one seams to fluctuate between 3 ohm and 5 ohm. It is slightly different each time I test it. :( Maybe I am doing it wrong. But for 99 percent of other atties my method works.

Koman

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 7, 2010
lv
I used the AVA for three days now and still cant get it broken in right. Practice makes perfect. I think I'll look around for a stainless steel drip shield for it. Anyone know a place to buy one? I think a SS one of metal one so the only thing that melts is the o rings.

I do apologize if I am posting my accessory question in a thread that is meant for review of the AVA atomizer. PM me if you have any leads. I don't mean to contaminate the thread.

Hmm...they don't make them anymore?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread