AVA *****MADE IN THE USA****** $49,95 Atomizers

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarcK73

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 3, 2012
Marina Del Rey, CA, USA
... i have an SR that i haven't tried; i also have VVPV which i haven't used yet with the AVA.
I also have a VMax which seems to have more voltage than the VVPV by quite a bit if needed, so i'm probably sticking with that.
I would not hesitate to use the LR w/VVPV; in fact i would recommend it.

OK, it still needs broken in as my LR AVA was still new in the tube, but so far it's much better than the SR was! :)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

AaronY

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 26, 2011
Santa Monica
Thanks I emailed the company that made them. Isn't there a mesh coil inside the AVA?
I rinse in isopropyl alcohol then flush liberally with hot water. I leave them to air dry for 24 hours and that seems to work well. I believe you can boil these as well but I've never tried it. I imagine an ultrasonic cleaner would work great but I haven't used my ultrasonic ever since I abandoned the mesh-wick attys.

AaronY

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 26, 2011
Santa Monica
... i have an SR that i haven't tried; i also have VVPV which i haven't used yet with the AVA.
I also have a VMax which seems to have more voltage than the VVPV by quite a bit if needed, so i'm probably sticking with that.
I would not hesitate to use the LR w/VVPV; in fact i would recommend it.

With traditional atties LR usually last half as long as SR and HR counter parts did you find this true with AVAs?

AaronY

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 26, 2011
Santa Monica

MarcK73

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 3, 2012
Marina Del Rey, CA, USA
I heard back from the makers.
Ultra Sonic will damage the unit. Do not use it. We recommend a soak in isopropyl alcohol or boil it in water. Let it air dry and run empty cycles on it to after to ensure it's free of moisture prior to next use.

Oops, after I boiled mine in water I just blew it out as best as I could, shoved the corner of a paper towel down the barrel for about 5 minutes and then started using it! I hope I didn't damage it! Since people cut their thick juices with a little distilled water I didn't think a little moisture in the ceramic would be bad. :(

BTW, thanks everyone who helped me yesterday! I'm now using the LR AVA on my VVPV a little above the Green setting on the pot and it's working much better! It almost makes me wonder if something's wrong with my SR AVA since I usually vape SR stuff at 4.5-4.6 volts but the SR AVA (I verified it's 3.0ohm) at 5.6v wasn't cutting it?

MarcK73

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 3, 2012
Marina Del Rey, CA, USA
PorcheGuy, I run my SR AVA (2.8 ohm) at 6 volts on my Provari. The LR AVA (1.8 ohm) I run at 4.0 volts. these attys need to run a little on the hot side for them to make good vapor.

Yeah, that's what I'm finding out! The VVPV only goes to 5.56v so I switched to the LR one at about 4v and it's doing great now.

AnthonyB

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
Sydney Australia
I purchased two LR resistance AVA atty's. These atty's may vary in performance which could explain why some people are reporting mediocre results and nonchalant reviews and others are raving about it. The first of the two AVA's I used was ordinary. I knew it would take a few days to break in so I overlooked the poor performance. I could see the potential from the beginning. The flavour was good but the vapor was thin and wispy and not even at the level of an old style 510. After it broke in it had good runs and bad runs. The good runs put it somewhere on par with a HH.357 and close to some of the best vaping I've had, but only just. The big let down on that first atty is that those really good vapes that are flavoursome and full of vapor are very sporadic. I get dry runs for ages at times where it almost seems like the battery is dying or something and the flavours are muted to the point I am questioning my juice. It will magically give me a really good vape for 5 minutes right after a dry run. I can't figure out why. I stick to the 2-3 drop top up when it dries out. It certainly doesn't justify the $45 price tag. It also leaks like a sieve. It read 2.0 ohms and I am vaping somewhere between 4.0-4.2 on my Provari. I've read reviews that resemble my own experience.

Now I cracked my second AVA LR which also reads 2.0 ohms and..... AMAZING. And thats from the very first vape. The whole long winded break in period expected is entirely non-existent. This second atty gave me the best vapes I've ever had by far from the first vape. Flavour like no other atty I've used and plumes and plumes of vapor to the point I've even knocked it back to 3.8 ohms at times with some juices. Amazing flavour and amazing vapor. I can't put it down and I've almost forgotten about my HH.357. I can see with this second atty that the $45 price tag is worth it. I just hope it continues like this and doesn't start to show signs of weakness like the first atty. And if this is still breaking in I can't imagine how good it will be in 2 days time.

Two atty's same specs, same shipment and entirely different vaping experiences.

ukeman

PV Masher
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Kauai, Hawaii
I think that that "norm" is faulty (I am only theorizing here) because it seems to be based on strength of coil to power ratio. (if resistance = strength/durability). I thought the same thing but have popped an SR before an LR gave out. I was using the SR at higher voltages. Know what i mean?
I haven't been through enough AVA's to make a distinction anyway.
With traditional atties LR usually last half as long as SR and HR counter parts did you find this true with AVAs?

ukeman

PV Masher
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Kauai, Hawaii
Interesting ... did you meter the two 2.0 attys? I frequently find discrepancies between similarly labeled atomizers.
I purchased two LR resistance AVA atty's. These atty's may vary in performance which could explain why some people are reporting mediocre results and nonchalant reviews and others are raving about it. The first of the two AVA's I used was ordinary. I knew it would take a few days to break in so I overlooked the poor performance. I could see the potential from the beginning. The flavour was good but the vapor was thin and wispy and not even at the level of an old style 510. After it broke in it had good runs and bad runs. The good runs put it somewhere on par with a HH.357 and close to some of the best vaping I've had, but only just. The big let down on that first atty is that those really good vapes that are flavoursome and full of vapor are very sporadic. I get dry runs for ages at times where it almost seems like the battery is dying or something and the flavours are muted to the point I am questioning my juice. It will magically give me a really good vape for 5 minutes right after a dry run. I can't figure out why. I stick to the 2-3 drop top up when it dries out. It certainly doesn't justify the $45 price tag. It also leaks like a sieve. It read 2.0 ohms and I am vaping somewhere between 4.0-4.2 on my Provari. I've read reviews that resemble my own experience.

Now I cracked my second AVA LR which also reads 2.0 ohms and..... AMAZING. And thats from the very first vape. The whole long winded break in period expected is entirely non-existent. This second atty gave me the best vapes I've ever had by far from the first vape. Flavour like no other atty I've used and plumes and plumes of vapor to the point I've even knocked it back to 3.8 ohms at times with some juices. Amazing flavour and amazing vapor. I can't put it down and I've almost forgotten about my HH.357. I can see with this second atty that the $45 price tag is worth it. I just hope it continues like this and doesn't start to show signs of weakness like the first atty. And if this is still breaking in I can't imagine how good it will be in 2 days time.

AnthonyB

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
Sydney Australia
Interesting ... did you meter the two 2.0 attys? I frequently find discrepancies between similarly labeled atomizers.

Hi Ukeman,

I hadn't but once you mentioned it, seemed like a good idea so I did it. On my Provari at 4.0 volts with both atty's being LR and reading 2.0 ohms each, the bad atty metered at 4.18 volts and the good atty at 4.08 volts. That test doesn't indicate it's a power issue.

When working as they ought to, these atty;s are better than anything out there. The taste is so clean and the flavours really jump out at you. The vapor is awesome. Anyone who says this is a 'taste atty and not a vapor atty' must surely have one that is defective because the vapor coming out of these is amazing. The exhale is pure bliss. I am loving trying all my old liquids in this atty.

I really hope Apex will replace my faulty atty. I would hate to be left without even one working now I've discovered the joys of vaping with them.

ukeman

PV Masher
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Kauai, Hawaii
Anthony, those readings must be the CB reading; check battery. That shows a full charged 18650 batt.
For checking atomizer resistance; use AO which is 13 clicks. Reading for LR AVA should be at 1.6 or 1.7 Ohms.

I agree with your review of the AVA.. it's up there with the HH357 and it's debatable which is best. The AVA seems to give a more full flavored vape.(HH357 is known for its better flavor than any other atomizer).
Hi Ukeman,

I hadn't but once you mentioned it, seemed like a good idea so I did it. On my Provari at 4.0 volts with both atty's being LR and reading 2.0 ohms each, the bad atty metered at 4.18 volts and the good atty at 4.08 volts. That test doesn't indicate it's a power issue.

When working as they ought to, these atty;s are better than anything out there. The taste is so clean and the flavours really jump out at you. The vapor is awesome. Anyone who says this is a 'taste atty and not a vapor atty' must surely have one that is defective because the vapor coming out of these is amazing. The exhale is pure bliss. I am loving trying all my old liquids in this atty.

I really hope Apex will replace my faulty atty. I would hate to be left without even one working now I've discovered the joys of vaping with them.

AnthonyB

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
Sydney Australia
Anthony, those readings must be the CB reading; check battery. That shows a full charged 18650 batt.
For checking atomizer resistance; use AO which is 13 clicks. Reading for LR AVA should be at 1.6 or 1.7 Ohms.

I agree with your review of the AVA.. it's up there with the HH357 and it's debatable which is best. The AVA seems to give a more full flavored vape.(HH357 is known for its better flavor than any other atomizer).

Hi Uke,

Both atty's are reading 2.0 ohms and occasionally 1.9 ohms. If there is a defect in some of these atty's it must have something to do with the way the ceramic plate is set. I've noticed the bad atty leaks whereas the good atty leaks minimally. Perhaps the juice is not being contained within the ceramic mesh on the defective atty's. Just taking a wild guess here. With the bad atty I have noticed that even putting two drops in will cause some juice to pool in my Provari drip cup but not so on the good atty. I've tried a drip shield on the bad atty and it isn't making any difference to performance.

The issue with this whole industry is no quality control. Being a young industry, manufacturers of e-cig products don't test their products and there is no regulations in place set by governments of higher bodies within the industry to force vendors to have good quality control measures. It's no wonder there is so much variance in the same product. It's hit and miss and a bit of a lucky dip. Even the HH.357 can have a high rate of defective atomizers. I remember when I put in my first order, 2 of the atty's were defective and one was perfect and vaped as per the expectations and testimonies of the vaping community and vendors. One atty lasted 3 weeks and the other lasted 3 months. Variances from top to bottom.

ukeman

PV Masher
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Kauai, Hawaii
Hi Anthony, how's it going?
For me the big lipped one is the bad leaker. These are from Innovapor, but long time ago. I think they have the no-lips too. But it's still a great atomizer imo... I have to drip and vape; no loading up for next vape and putting aside.

The no lips from different sources (Kokomopure) and where they sell the USA AVA (thermovape?) don't seem to have the leak problems; might just be a later production norm. I'd venture to say they could all be improved that way now.

These are durable atomizers, and for the money imo it's worth it for a better all around vape; flavor and vapor. Key is gettting good power to them. They take more volts to get the vapor going.

Just affirming what you are saying.

AaronY

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 26, 2011
Santa Monica

Nice I got lucky in my ava 2nd gen search. The atty went great for 3 weeks but after that it died. Not sure if I am rich enough to afford a ava for 3 weeks of vaping but it did hit great and give out a really clean taste.

AmandaMarie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 24, 2011
Modesto,CA
Hello all :)
I have been enjoying my SR AVA atomizer for the last couple of months now (I started with a HR that died after falling on the tile floor :( ) but the atomizers DO come with a 3 month warranty!! They are dead serious about that! Give them a call and they will send you out a replacement without any delay or any extra charges. They are a higher upfront cost than other attys but that's because they are truly made to last (or be covered under a 3 month warranty :D )
I love the taste I get from these attys!!! I feel so much safer about inhaling from these atts than ANY other atty/carto I have used in the past! I am in :wub:!! :D

AaronY

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 26, 2011
Santa Monica
Hello all :)
I have been enjoying my SR AVA atomizer for the last couple of months now (I started with a HR that died after falling on the tile floor :( ) but the atomizers DO come with a 3 month warranty!! They are dead serious about that! Give them a call and they will send you out a replacement without any delay or any extra charges. They are a higher upfront cost than other attys but that's because they are truly made to last (or be covered under a 3 month warranty :D )
I love the taste I get from these attys!!! I feel so much safer about inhaling from these atts than ANY other atty/carto I have used in the past! I am in :wub:!! :D

cool I will send them an email or call them tomorrow. I will update this if they do it. just wondering if there is a web page I should site or just ask if they honor a 3 month warrantee? It did perform amazingly for 3 weeks :)

AmandaMarie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 24, 2011
Modesto,CA
Just tell them you bought it 3 weeks ago and they will get you straightened out!! :D They have even stated on another forum that they would honor warranties on items purchased second hand (craigslist, etc...) they really stand behind their product and really seem to want their users to have a positive experience. I know it has worked for me :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread