hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    I was wondering if someone could take a look at the underside of their top cap and see if there is an oring there? I bought one and it has an oring and then I bought another one and it doesn't. Also one has a bigger airflow slot than the other one.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    I was wondering if someone could take a look at the underside of their top cap and see if there is an oring there? I bought one and it has an oring and then I bought another one and it doesn't. Also one has a bigger airflow slot than the other one.
    Mine has no oring.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    I got one of them from ebay and the other from fasttech. I'm pretty sure the one from FT is authentic. The one from ebay works perfectly but it has a black oring on the underside of the top cap around the ring that goes into the top kidney section when screwed on. Anyway, the one from FT has been giving me a little trouble with leaking from the air holes so I thought maybe it was because there wasn't an oring on the top cap. Both came in identical boxes with identical packaging and accessories. I just can't figure out why the one from FT keeps leaking. Maybe I'm just not wicking it correctly.

puffon

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Sep 18, 2014
    Florida
    Ok, now the other one seeped some out of the air holes. I tipped it and noticed liquid on top of the mod. Am I the only one having this problem?
    I've had some seeping.
    Still trying to figure it out.
    Going to try wicking like Letitia suggested in Matts video.
    I also noticed Matt disassembling the positive block, and wondered if juice could be leaking under the delrin insulator.
    I checked the 3 I have and the 510 pin could be tightened up more.
    Won't know if this helped until I build it again, but might be something to check on yours.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    Thanks for trying to help. I'm not giving up yet. When you wick, do you end up with cotton covering the entire width of the holes?
    Yes. Unlike my Nanos I don't leave an air pocket in the SMM wicks. I don't so much thin the tails, just fluff. My SMM loves cotton. Haven't tried the Drago egyptian cotton in it yet.

Reactions: Eskie
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread