hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    I'm still getting a fair amount of seeping on both of my smm's. I'm wondering if I should try moving up from a 3mm coil to a 3.5. I get the cotton tight in the coil but when I put it in the holes it seems like I'm not getting enough in the slots under the holes. I like how they vape but am getting tired of cleaning up liquid under the tanks. I have even been taking off the airflow rings to clean underneath them. The liquid seeps out the airflow holes into the ring and then out to the bottom of the tank.

• Love
    Reactions: Letitia

MrStik

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 6, 2013
    SoCal
    Question is.. is it seeping or is it leaking, or is it condensation. With the stock coils and the "exotic" coils, they cool down is slow and it continues to cook juice after releasing the fire button. So I get a decent amount of condensation, and that is not a big deal to me. It is the coil's fault, not the tank.

I finally got my tank to leak on me. And here was how. I usually run my tank almost dry, that includes tilting to see how much juice I have under the deck. I run it until I can feel it no longer wicking and I get a dry hit. So that is when I fill. The other day, I filled when the juice has just at the bottom of the glass. I then let it sit for a while before I vaped, and that was when I saw juice in the air flow hole.

So with that, I think that if you are not running low on juice, the suction caused by opening the top cap can pull and flood juice in the deck, causing it to run into the air flow.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Maybe that's it. I don't wait until it's that low to fill and have noticed that sometimes when I fill it that I immediately get leaking out of the airflow hole. I've been running 26/32 Clapton coils in both of mine. I don't think it's condensation since there's a pretty good pool under the tanks when I take them off the mods. I'll try running them really low this time and see if that helps.

ScottP

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 9, 2013
    Houston, TX
    Maybe that's it. I don't wait until it's that low to fill and have noticed that sometimes when I fill it that I immediately get leaking out of the airflow hole. I've been running 26/32 Clapton coils in both of mine. I don't think it's condensation since there's a pretty good pool under the tanks when I take them off the mods. I'll try running them really low this time and see if that helps.

I have been using a 4mm coil and never had any leaking.

I did just have an idea for cheap, non-visible, non-conductive, condensation absorber though. Cut a piece of paper towel to just smaller than the atty, make small hole in the middle to fit tightly around the 510 connector and push it on. It is so thin you can't see it, non-conductive, absorbent, cheap and easy to replace.

Eskie

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 6, 2016
    NY
    I have been using a 4mm coil and never had any leaking.

I did just have an idea for cheap, non-visible, non-conductive, condensation absorber though. Cut a piece of paper towel to just smaller than the atty, make small hole in the middle to fit tightly around the 510 connector and push it on. It is so thin you can't see it, non-conductive, absorbent, cheap and easy to replace.

You can get a 4 mm coil in there? I've been using 3 mm coils and am still concerned with the position to the air slots.

Reactions: Letitia

ScottP

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 9, 2013
    Houston, TX
    I did a 4mm and took it out the next day. Seemed to choke the af even wide open and had more spray coming from af. Flavor was good tho.

I like MTL so the restricted AF is good for me, more wicking stops leaking and spit back. I use about a 10mm-12mm wide strip of cotton for a 4mm coil.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Even after increasing my coil size to 3.5mm, I'm getting a fair amount of liquid under both of my smm's . My Zeus is supposed to arrive today. If it works as well as I hope then one of the smm is getting boxed up.

Marc411

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 17, 2014
    Windy City
    I picked mine up at element vape and was pleased with the service. I've back off of this thread because mine have been working well with a 2.5mm SS coil. I get a very small amount of weeping from the AFC but not any more then other bottom AF tanks.

Serpent SMM 24mm element vape

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 22, 2014
    Cowtown, USA. Where the West begins.
    Thanks Letitia and Marc, will check them out
    If you don't mind the wait, Fasttech is a couple bucks cheaper, supposed to be in stock in about 6 colors for the authentic. I think you'll like it, where ever you buy, This one, and the Augvape Merlin, are my go-to single coil tanks.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread