Would you go the extra $ and get a ProVari ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

RebelGolfer72

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
That logic doesn't apply here...

When it comes to defending/justifying a product that someone pays good money for against people bashing it in attempts to defend/justify products they paid good money for, there rarely is any logic used :) in these cases, emotions and passion suppress any of the logic us humans have been bless with.

At the end of the day, selling prices are dictated by what people at willing to pay. I've seen used products sell for MORE than new ones due to suppliers not keeping up with demands, or a perception that the older product is worth more.

itskohler

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 16, 2014
Aventura, FL
When it comes to defending/justifying a product that someone pays good money for against people bashing it in attempts to defend/justify products they paid good money for, there rarely is any logic used :) in these cases, emotions and passion suppress any of the logic us humans have been bless with.

At the end of the day, selling prices are dictated by what people at willing to pay. I've seen used products sell for MORE than new ones due to suppliers not keeping up with demands, or a perception that the older product is worth more.

Well said. Had me worried that you were dead serious about saving 8% on a mod was the same as a car...Phew. Vape on.

itskohler

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 16, 2014
Aventura, FL
cause you can My personal opinion, and this comes from a world of sub ohms and mechanicals, is if I were to get a regulated device, it would have to be a DNA30 box mod. Not because of the watts it can draw, but because you can bypass the electronics with ease and have a mechanical for those crazy .1x builds (that i'm not in to by any means).

RebelGolfer72

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
So a Honda Civic runs $50k now? Yikes! :)

Even if it was I don't know anyone that would buy a $50k 2 year old car and only save $4k on the deal.

Sorry, flipped numbers doing math in my head. Meant 12%. In either case, my point was that people pay high resale prices (I.e. Small discount over new) for something they want, and know is reliable.. Point was never about my lack of math skills.

twizted

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2011
Kentucky
I agree. SOME things are worth the extra money. But there has to be REASON behind that extra money. NONE OF YOU have showed any mind-blowing facts or anything that could begin to offset that cost. Oh cause I'm not completely reckless and dumb with my money I'm out of the conversation? Give anybody a real REASON to buy the provari that puts it far enough ahead of other mods to justify the price. Unsound advice? Me? YOU are the one giving unsound advice. YOU have no facts to back up your precious provari

You want a mind blowing fact of why the provari is worth the money? Here's the main & only important one: Safety. Provari is, as far as I know, the only mod out that won't let you do anything stupid to risk shooting a topper to the back of your throat by running too low ohms, having a battery go thermal from high amp draw, or take your voltage too high with a sub par battery. Just to name a few.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

p.opus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2010
Coral Springs FL
Having re-read this entire thread I have noticed one trend that can't be ignored.

Those who have the opinion that the ProVari is worth the extra scratch, have the experience of owning and using a ProVari on a day in and day out basis. Even those who have moved on and find the ProVari no longer adequate for their vaping style still rave about the quality and build of a ProVari and say that in their opinion they are worth it.

Those who have the opinion that the ProVari is NOT worth the extra scratch, do not have this experience. Overwhelmingly, they admit that they have never owned one, and in most cases never even used one!!! A lot of opinions from people with not a lot of experience with the device. Their reasoning and arguments are based not on what they know, but rather what they think, or what they've read.

Perhaps I'm weird, but I don't care what the product is, I'm going to give more credence to a group of people who know what they are talking about based on their personal experience with that product over a group of people who claim to be experts without having any practical experience with the product they are opining about.

One group of people know what they speak of, because they have owned and used it. The other group is merely talking out of their collective .....

Last edited:

30+Years

ECF Veteran
Jan 30, 2014
IN
Sorry, flipped numbers doing math in my head. Meant 12%. In either case, my point was that people pay high resale prices (I.e. Small discount over new) for something they want, and know is reliable.. Point was never about my lack of math skills.

Got the point. But in the case of a Provari it still doesn't make any sense to save $20 and lose the warranty. Besides for me the extra $20 would be worth it just so I could be the first to put a scratch on it.

itskohler

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 16, 2014
Aventura, FL
I dont have a single bad thing to say about Provari because, like you said, I've never owned one. I find it hard to take someone serious that is willing to bash something that they have yet to try. Is it expensive? That's all relative to what someone wants to spend on vape gear. To me, it is. So if I was going all out, it wouldn't be on a Provari because I have different goals than others. Just my .02.

Razorback

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2012
Conway, Arkansas
You want a mind blowing fact of why the provari is worth the money? Here's the main & only important one: Safety. Provari is, as far as I know, the only mod out that won't let you do anything stupid to risk shooting a topper to the back of your throat by running too low ohms, having a battery go thermal from high amp draw, or take your voltage too high with a sub par battery. Just to name a few.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

Exactly...

subohm.jpg

Dusty_D

Original Guru
Senior Moderator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2010
Toronto, Canada
dustysfoodieadventures.blogspot.ca
Having re-read this entire thread I have noticed one trend that can't be ignored.

Those who have the opinion that the ProVari is worth the extra scratch, have the experience of owning and using a ProVari on a day in and day out basis. Even those who have moved on and find the ProVari no longer adequate for their vaping style still rave about the quality and build of a ProVari and say that in their opinion they are worth it.

Those who have the opinion that the ProVari is NOT worth the extra scratch, do not have this experience. Overwhelmingly, they admit that they have never owned one, and in most cases never even used one!!! A lot of opinions from people with not a lot of experience with the device. Their reasoning and arguments are based not on what they know, but rather what they think, or what they've read.

Perhaps I'm weird, but I don't care what the product is, I'm going to give more credence to a group of people who know what they are talking about based on their personal experience with that product over a group of people who claim to be experts without having any practical experience with the product they are opining about.

One group of people know what they speak of, because they have owned and used it. The other group is merely talking out of their collective .....

Oh man! I wish I had closed this thread when this was posted. Well said.

We're done here!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread