• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Wrinkles... on no

Status
Not open for further replies.

serendipitee

ECF Veteran
Jun 7, 2013
Grapevine, TX, USA
After smoking for many moons, I noticed I'd developed vertical wrinkles on my upper lip. They're worse on the left side, not sure why. I'm certain these are smoking related.

I "pull" much harder on my eGo than I ever did on cigarettes. Has anyone noticed development of more wrinkles since you began vaping?

I LOVE vaping but that's not a problem I relish exacerbating.

serendipitee

ECF Veteran
Jun 7, 2013
Grapevine, TX, USA
I haven't.. but then I prefer an airy draw so I don't pull hard at all. In fact, that's one of the things I like about vaping. I pulled much harder on a smoke. The only time the draw becomes hard on my setups is when the carto or atty are starting to clog. Then I know its time to clean or toss.

Maybe that is my problem, I'm using an eGo with clearos, perhaps it's time for a little cleaning. : ) I'm new at this but I seem to get so very much air with each drag, gotta really pull on it for some flavor. Perhaps a different carto or atty? Will try cleaning first.

serendipitee

ECF Veteran
Jun 7, 2013
Grapevine, TX, USA
My smoking wrinkles were pretty firmly established by the time I started vaping, so I don't notice any difference. And I figure I'd have those wrinkles either way, and I'm much healthier since I switched to vaping, so I don't care! :laugh:

I'm pretty sure my wrinkles were already well on their way- and i'd guess that the improved circulation that comes with not smoking helps. I know that i have better color now. My face is less grey - even if i still have lots of grey in my hair ;)

True, that, on both counts! Will just enjoy the journey, it could most certainly be worse. :laugh:

patkin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2012
Arizona USA
Clearos are known to mute flavor. Any tank-type system does except the tank with carto in it. I would either get some extra flavor shots if you can or try a cartomizer just by itself with no tank to save on cost for a comparison with the clearo... at least you'll know how much your clearo is muting if at all. With the ego, get Boge (P.Busardo and I recommend) 2.0-2.4 LR.

Last edited:

serendipitee

ECF Veteran
Jun 7, 2013
Grapevine, TX, USA
Clearos are known to mute flavor. Any tank-type system does except the tank with carto in it. I would either get some extra flavor shots if you can or try a cartomizer just by itself with no tank to save on cost for a comparison with the clearo... at least you'll know how much your clearo is muting if at all. With the ego, get Boge (P.Busardo and I recommend) 2.0-2.4 LR.

Forgive me for being dense but I just looked at the Boge cartomizers and they look like batteries to me. I understand they aren't but where do you hook up the mouthpiece thing? On second thought, they're inexpensive enough I suppose I could just order a set and figure it out when they get here. Thanks for the suggestion, I will give it a try.

CES

optimistic cynic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2010
Birmingham, Al
Boge cartos can be very good. They're much smaller than batteries, I think they'll make sense once see them.

05092010402__36384.1304359138.220.200.jpg

I like cartos quite a bit, but the drawback is that the filler can get scorched if there's not enough liquid to protect it from the heat of the atomizer. Fill them slowly to give the liquid time to saturate the filler. They last longest if you refill early and often. Once they're filled, you can put a drip tip in place of the soft white cap that you took out to fill them

Boge%20808D_02.jpg

serendipitee

ECF Veteran
Jun 7, 2013
Grapevine, TX, USA
Thanks for all the info. Everyone here is so helpful with explanations and tips.
I don't have any buds that vape so I'm trying to figure this all out on my own, I don't recommend that. :laugh:

I am completely not getting this drip tip thing either.
I got the feeling that when you used a drip tip, there was no large juice supply and that you dripped a few drops of liquid right into the drip tip and then vaped it and then added another few drops. Or, do you have a large juice supply and then add drops into the drip tip to get more flavor? :confused:

patkin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2012
Arizona USA
Two ways to do an initial fill... I do it the first way but either works and you'll get the hang of it and pick your own.

condom fill from the mouth piece end.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bnxv8QOupiM

and this way shows filling from the battery end and placing the drip tip on.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PICBRi37Zs0

after the initial condom fill and vaping on it a while, you'll need to "top off" and then its about eight drops total on the mouth piece end and that's where the drip tip comes in handy as you won't need to be removing the soft tip again to refill.

There are other youtubes showing other methods of filling... like just dripping until its full or using a syringe but, as I said, I do it the way the first video shows.

Enjoy.

CES

optimistic cynic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2010
Birmingham, Al
Drip tips were initially used on atomizers, for a three piece e-cig set up. In this case, the atomizer is separate from the carto, so you have to add liquid very frequently. The tips came about so that people could drip directly without having to remove the cover all the time. That's what people are referring to when they talk about 'dripping'.

But now drip tips are usually just used as comfortable or pretty mouthpieces for tanks (which have a large liquid reservoir) or on cartos (where's either a smaller reservoir, or the filler works to hold liquid). Tanks and cartos need to be filled to work properly. The liquid flows to the heating coil/atomizer without you having to drip new liquid every few puffs. Filler cartos especially need to be filled fully and refilled often (just not as frequently as dripping)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread