Not open for further replies.

ShowerHead

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
Massachusetts
Well, that was a short lived affair.
Got the mod in, loved the look, feel, fit and finish.
Powered it up and checked the firmware, up to date.
Started the setup, how fiddly! Geez, it's VERY human unfriendly.
Downloaded the iOS app, and that made it better to configure.

Screw an tank to it and let her rip.
Wonderful vape.
Within 5 minutes, I took a vape and nothing. Oh, the lock screen. Ok, unlock it and vape.
Sometime after that, the mod would lock the screen mid-vape!

Tried exercising the fire button, re-load the firmware. change the background image. No, still randomly locks.

Then, as an added bonus, now reports 'No Liquid' on various tanks. tanks have liquid and work just fine on my VT167.

I've been asked for a video of this, but as its random, I did get a picture of the 'No Liquid' and that ought to be good enough for the RMA.
When it returns to me, I'll be posting a good deal on a new G Class in carbon fiber.

Reactions: Eskie

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY

Wonderful vape.
Within 5 minutes, I took a vape and nothing. Oh, the lock screen. Ok, unlock it and vape.

Tried exercising the fire button, re-load the firmware. change the background image. No, still randomly locks.

Then, as an added bonus, now reports 'No Liquid' on various tanks. Tanks have liquid and work just fine on my VT167.

I've been asked for a video of this, but as its random, I did get a picture of the 'No Liquid' and that ought to be good enough for the RMA.
When it returns to me, I'll be posting a good deal on a new G Class in carbon fiber.

That sucks. At least it was an early failure so it should be an easy swap. Just not something you want to go through on a rather expensive mod.

oldude 61

ECF Veteran
Nov 22, 2014
Frankston Tx.

Wonderful vape.

Then, as an added bonus, now reports 'No Liquid' on various tanks. Tanks have liquid and work just fine on my VT167.

when you get it shoot me a price

Reactions: ShowerHead

oldude 61

ECF Veteran
Nov 22, 2014
Frankston Tx.
Ok I have to fess up, after waiting for the brown leather and seeing the black leather I changed my order to the carbon fiber. It is now in my hands, this thing is nice. I have felt it up like a prom date and there are no sharp edges it just really feels nice. having a m and a q I am fairly familiar with sx minis but there is somewhat of a learning curve to this beast but I love it.

ShowerHead

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
Massachusetts
Ok I have to fess up, after waiting for the brown leather and seeing the black leather I changed my order to the carbon fiber. It is now in my hands, this thing is nice. I have felt it up like a prom date and there are no sharp edges it just really feels nice. having a m and a q I am fairly familiar with sx minis but there is somewhat of a learning curve to this beast but I love it.

I thought this in carbon fiber was the nicest feel I've had with a mod.
Nothing out of place, no odd seams or edges. Screen absolutely straight and level.
Battery door worked fine.

Good luck with your new mod!

Hyperspace

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 4, 2009
Michigan

You gave up too soon. Varitube has brown in stock now. After a 3 month wait mine is finally on it's way to me. :thumbs:

smokinGAVIN

ECF Veteran
Sep 2, 2014
Manila, Philippines
Does anyone have an ohm reading problem with the G? When the Q class came out, I noticed my ohm readings would jump from .5 to .7 and down to .3 sometimes. With my G and another mod with the same chipset, it wasn't as bad, readings were off by .1 but they were still off and jumping. I first blamed the atomizer. Something came up that required a 5 hour drive so I brought out the tank that read wrong and cleaned it very well hoping the the ohm reading problem was a dirt problem. I noticed that the positive pin was a screw and not flat. So I brought out all my other atomizers and tested them with both the Q and the G and my hunch was right. The atomizers with the screw type positive pins would have ohms jumping around. I want to try it with my M's but all my batteries now are married. I was just wondering if this was just me or does this happen to anyone else. I tried using the the atomizers with my DNA devices and the ohm readings were stable for all of them.

Reactions: ShowerHead

oldude 61

ECF Veteran
Nov 22, 2014
Frankston Tx.
You gave up too soon. Varitube has brown in stock now. After a 3 month wait mine is finally on it's way to me. :thumbs:
I may have given up to soon but after looking at the black leather I really didn't like the looks. If I like the brown leather I might be able to con the wife into the brown. I hope you like it as much as I do. Love this thing.

oldude 61

ECF Veteran
Nov 22, 2014
Frankston Tx.
Does anyone have an ohm reading problem with the G? When the Q class came out, I noticed my ohm readings would jump from .5 to .7 and down to .3 sometimes. With my G and another mod with the same chipset, it wasn't as bad, readings were off by .1 but they were still off and jumping. I first blamed the atomizer. Something came up that required a 5 hour drive so I brought out the tank that read wrong and cleaned it very well hoping the the ohm reading problem was a dirt problem. I noticed that the positive pin was a screw and not flat. So I brought out all my other atomizers and tested them with both the Q and the G and my hunch was right. The atomizers with the screw type positive pins would have ohms jumping around. I want to try it with my M's but all my batteries now are married. I was just wondering if this was just me or does this happen to anyone else. I tried using the the atomizers with my DNA devices and the ohm readings were stable for all of them.
stupid ? are you locking the res. in?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread