ECF Veteran
Mar 4, 2009
Michigan
13680124_627822384042812_7239000826034463007_o.jpg

Powered by the YiHi SX550J+ processor.
. TFT ips display
. Bluetooth App Control
. Joystick control
. It is dual 18650 battery device,which maximum can reach to 200 watts but small size
. Variable Joule(Temperature control) support all TC wire,SS/Ti/Ni…
. Support all Atomizers with SX Pure technology.
. Romovable battery.
. Support to 0.0001ohm coil resistance.
. Adopt 16bits ADC to sample the resistance.
. New innovative technology SXi-Q control system
- Customize your own taste.
. Custom your own logo&menuname.
. Temperature control. Anti-dry burning technology.
. Output Joule:10J-120J. 212-572° F/100-300°C.
. Resistance: 0.05-1.0ohms(Joule mode).
. Joule (the unit of energy,watt*time,more information please visit our website).
. Output Voltage: 1.0 - 9.5 Volts.
. Resistance: 0.05 ohm - 3.0 ohm(Power mode).
. Taste modes Powerful+, Powerful, Standard,Soft,Eco&SXi-Q-S1~S5.
. Buck-Boost&Boost, DC-DC Converter.
. USB Type C Balance charge on board(5V/2A)
. Standby Time Adjustable
. Screen Brightness Adjustable
. Zinc Alloy,Stainless Steel
. Ergonomic design.
. Upgradable firmware .Graphic user interface.
. Reverse Polarity, output short, low resistance,
low battery voltage, overheat & battery over charge protection.

HandsomeStan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 19, 2013
UK
SXmini G Class - Review
2017-01-25 11.34.28.jpg

In my review of the Q mini I spoke about Yihi improving on a tried and tested formula, each new model from the M class to the Q mini an evolution of the last. The G class bucks the trend and is a big departure in design for YiHi and the SXmini series.
Initial impressions are great, usual quality packaging, comes with a pull out colour manual, warranty card and like the Q mini, a top quality gold plated braided USB cable, although this time it's a USB 3.0 Type C!
2017-01-25 11.28.53.jpg

It feels absolutely grand in the hand. I have the carbon version and you'll be happy to hear it's real carbon fibre not a cheap sticker, it looks and feels great. Fit & finish on this mod is superb, no blemishes, no rattles whatsoever and the screen is perfectly straight. I am surprised how much I like the light up SXmini logo, it looks quality, really sets the mod off a treat. At present there is no option to turn it on or off but maybe that will be added later although I'll be keeping mine on! Even with the bright screen and back lit logo which will be sucking up some precious battery power I've noticed no difference in vaping time to my Q mini.
2017-01-25 13.41.15.jpg

It has a nice weight to it, it's on the heavier side but feels rock solid, here it is with and without batteries...
2017-01-25 11.48.21.jpg

And for a size comparison here it is next to a single 18650 device the Provari Radius and another dual 18650 the Q mini.
2017-01-25 11.39.57.jpg

2017-01-25 11.38.49.jpg

The G Class uses the SX550J board, the specs are very familiar, comparing it to the SX450J-BT it is still 200 Watts powered by dual 18650 batteries, has all the same memory settings, sxi-Q, Bluetooth and is compatible with the new phone app. As you would expect it performs superbly, you get the same quality vape you have got used to from SXmini mods.
2017-01-25 13.39.01.jpg

So what are the big changes? The first thing that jumps out at you is the beautiful colour HD screen, I tried to capture some pics to show off the resolution, a good example is the wallpaper with lots of little SXmini logos in the background. It really is very crisp and can be extremely bright on the highest setting, easily viewable in direct sunlight. Here is a small sample of the wallpapers, there is currently a selection of 30, I hope to be able to add custom screens soon as the option isn't there yet.
2017-01-25 12.22.55.jpg

The next big improvement is a surprise for me, I wasn't sure about the idea of a joystick but wow this thing is awesome, with up/down/left/right and also being a button pressed in, it means you can do most things directly on the main screen with no need to dive in to the extensive menus. Yihi have also done a brilliant job, it's a very solid joystick and super responsive, I really love this new addition to a mod!
2017-01-25 13.48.55.jpg

The menu is very easy to navigate thanks to the joystick and design, it took me a matter of minutes to get used to it and start zooming through the different options. Too much to list but there are some really nice touches, my favourite is the lock screen can be an analogue or digital clock! You can change the style of fonts, although only 2 are present so far I do look forward to being able to really customise all the screens. Also impressive is it comes pre installed with 10 different languages.
2017-01-25 13.35.08.jpg

The fire button took a bit of getting used to, it doesn't have the same stiff click like on previous SXmini mods, a much softer press than before but this suits the style of the mod and the way you hold it. On top we have the same top notch self adjusting deep 510 but this time we have an insanely large 31mm stainless steel plate. You'll have a real job finding anything that will overhang on this beast!

After using a few mods with this style battery door alarm bells rung when I first saw the G class, let's just say I've not been impressed in the past. Yihi nailed it, really solid click when it closes, sprung loaded door and latch and it appears to be extremely well thought out. I'll be interested to see its durability over the coming months.

USB type C is awesome, about time every mod and gadget in general adopted it, the joy of putting in a usb first time haha no wrong way up anymore!

I can say for me, the G class really feels new, it's been a while since I've felt like I'm using something really different, be it Provari, Dicodes or DNA they are all so familiar now, the G class with its joystick, USB type C, extensive menu and beautiful HD colour screen, it just really feels NEW!
Positives
  • Bright, colour HD screen
  • Customisable, wallpapers, fonts etc..
  • Joystick control
  • USB type C with included gold plated, braided cable.
  • 2a Balanced Charging
  • Bluetooth and phone app
  • 31mm top cap/plate
  • The usual suspects, presentation, 510, buttons, no rattle, fit & finish, SX550J board
  • Accuracy, battery life and performance.
Negatives
  • No android app yet, it will be available March though.
  • Cant add custom wallpapers yet.
  • 31mm top cap can dwarf 22mm atties, beauty rings will be on my shopping list.
If your in the UK then the one & only Cremedevape have stock of the G Class right now priced at £199.
YiHi SXmini G-Class - Carbon Fibre - Creme de Vape
Ive read that varitube will have stock very soon for you folks in the States and have only read good things about them, priced at $219
YiHi G-Class 200W Temperature Control Mod

Last edited:

Hitcat44

mere Pawn in Game of Life
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 9, 2015
Ft. Vape-WKY
SXmG arrived yesterday while at work and got home late and tired so waited till this a.m. to light the Fires and kick the Tires...
After loading with 2 fresh LG HG2's and attaching a VA Kraken v2 with Ti-built RDA (@ 0.3 ohm yield) I lit 'er up. Did about a 15-20 min perusal, navigating thru, and tinkering with the Menu System, choosing a Wallpaper and Font, setting Date/Time, detecting and locking in the Resistance (simple thanks to the earlier Post instruction) at 0.30, I set it on Ti TC @ 18.8 Joule/Watt and 488* F.
It just may be Love at 1st Vape. Although quite early on in Ownership and usage, I gotta say this thing is pretty damned Awesome. Definitely more steady, predictable, and pleasing than my old original SXmini. It is producing great Vapor Mass, as expected Warmth, and tasty Flavor. That's all without getting into the Setting tweaks and minutia as of yet. Once that all dialed-in, this thing will undoubtedly be truly amazing.
Anyways, agree with others that although I personally like the Battery Door and Lock/Latch Assembly Design and especially like the tautness/snugness/stiffness of the Springs and Hinge (much prefer to tight to springy/light at it's infancy) it is a tad "fumbly" and will require some dialing in of the Open-Load-Close Routine to get down pat. I don;t considerate a "Con"... Just a different kinda "Hurdle" (that ALL Devices have. Some a few/little-Some a Plethora/Overabundance).
Also, although it pains me to admit, YiHi does indeed need to add a Black colored Font to the choices and the Menu Bar colors need to be plain-up White with Black outline and Font. As-is, is somewhat of a chore for the "Ocularly-challenged". Not colorblind but have had Retinal issues, detachments-reattachments, and subsequent IOL surgery. It is not a deal-breaker or incessant Whine-baggery cause but would be more preferable & pleasing if was more "black & white" Option available.

Now to dive into the M1-5 & Config Settings to get tweaked in. Overall, Diggin' the SXmG a TON and looking forward to finishing the Acquaintance Process and then settling in for a long-term pleasing Relationship.

Also FYI: In case anyone looking for or interested in finding a Holster Unit that works awesome with the SXmG, see 2nd Pic. I got this from Vapin' Art awhile back initially for a Snow Wolf Mod. It is soft, nice non-marring or damaging Lining, and holds the SXmG taut yet does not put over-pressure (doesn't depress) on the Fire button or the Joystick. The Sizing (Body Height, Width, and elastic-held Depth) is as about as "made-to-fit as can probably be found short of a Custom-made. Has a nice "Weapon Holster style" Belt-clip as well.

SXmG n Kraken v2.jpg
SXmG n Holster.jpg

Last edited:

retird

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2010
North Side
hum.... this Bluetooth and software has very basic functions only for such a high dollar device and only a few things can be set, changed, or modified and nothing can be seen in real time, recorded, analyzed, or tested while using the device.... when is Yihi going to have software with the capabilities and functionality of EScribe? Heck on the SX-mini I had I couldn't even check to see if the temperature was even accurate, much less analyze anything, nor record anything, nor set the maximum default wattage output of the device, nor set preheat-punch-duration, nor set and define themes, nor configure screens for running and charging of temp and non-temp wires, nor adjust brightness and fading of the display, nor add custom materials, nor set 8 profiles, nor analyze and configure the device case thermals and internal resistance for the most accurate results, nor analyze the atomizer, nor have real time data displayed in a Device Monitor, nor have any diagnostics functionality. Escribe does all this and much more but you get the jest of what I would like to see in SX software. Then put that in Bluetooth....

Last edited:

Hitcat44

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 9, 2015
Ft. Vape-WKY
Oopsie or maybe not,,,, just received this from Varitube;

"Hi....I want to be clear that I think these may be black on black....black metal strips as opposed to SS. They had so many options and got so far behind I think thats where they settled. Let me know if you want to cancel....if you're on the brotherhhood FB page the UK just got theirs as well and he posted a picture and thats what reminded me"

Hmmmm,,,, decisions decisions decisions....
Well, decided I'll stick with the Black Leather-Black Metal. Actually after seeing the Pic posted by someone from the UK about an hr ago(the newly released Scheme models hit the UK already I suppose) I kinda dig it a tad better than Stainless w/Blk Leather.

Here's the Pic:
G-class Black on Black Leather.jpg

Like they said on the FB Page, it looks to be a thick textured (Powder-Coatish) black Finish. With the Stainless/Chrome hardware Accents, actually,,, I do indeed like this scheme a tad better.
a Win-Win either way IMO.

Hitcat44

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 9, 2015
Ft. Vape-WKY
Varitube Rep has confirmed the versions they received were same as the ones received by authorized Vendors in the UK:
Black on Black Leather.
They were received today midday and have begun to be shipped out to Buyers today as well. Got my "Shipped" notification email 30 mins ago.

My SXmini G-class.png

Personally (after objectively considering all Facets & Aesthetics as well as Pics side-by-side) am happier and more confident overall with these than the Stainless on Blk Leather and consider this development to be a "Plus/Win". I like the thicker textured Black Finish with Stainless/Chrome Hardware and Accents on the Black Leather. Look equally as Kickin' with a Black Atty as it will a Stainless (IMO). Looks both as Stylish & Classy as it does Rugged & Gritty.
Hmmm,,, the "Bond" of Vape Mods ;) Can't wait to warhead it with a black Aromamizer Plus (ordered and enroute) and/or my stainless VA Kraken v2 with black delrin based stainless VA Fishbone D.T.

One thing for sure, the fantastic, exemplary, and far above and beyond any expectation Service, Communication, and personal Attention received throughout this Order/Transaction Process is simply both amazing and out-freakin-standing!
Thanks much to the Varitube Crew :thumbs:

oldude 61

ECF Veteran
Nov 22, 2014
Frankston Tx.
Ok I have to fess up, after waiting for the brown leather and seeing the black leather I changed my order to the carbon fiber. It is now in my hands, this thing is nice. I have felt it up like a prom date and there are no sharp edges it just really feels nice. having a m and a q I am fairly familiar with sx minis but there is somewhat of a learning curve to this beast but I love it.

Recently purchased a G class, although i was skeptical about the joystick & battery door, the ergonomics appealed to me. Also the light up "SX mini" I thought was unnecessary, but while the device is in hand while vaping it gets covered, and seems like with the software update you can turn it off (have not updated so far).

Also, I already had a Q Mini and was impressed, and compared to my DNA 75 Lost Vape Skar, I preferred the Q Mini, most of all the ability to access settings on the device and through the app.

Felt like I "needed" another mod, choice was to get a cheaper beater mod or the G. However, every other mod available at my preferred local shops seemed to have significant compromises. So, after much consideration and handling the G class a couple of times at the shops, i decided to go ahead and get one.
Very happy with it so far. Took a little getting used to the CF and gun metal look and have really started to like it. The joystick also took some getting used to, but I find myself using the app more to change settings. Using a Vapesox pouch for carry, I have to make sure to lock the device when putting away, otherwise the joystick changes stuff... The fire button feel, size & location is excellent. Most of all, the ergonomics just really work for me, feels great in hand and the texture of the CF combined with the shape make it a very comfortable device to hold. Now to see how it holds up over time...

HandsomeStan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 19, 2013
UK
The G class is a big step up for YiHi in design, the Q mini is an awesome mod but the G class is very special indeed.

I was very lucky and won a Carbon G class, after spending a few days with it I can happily say it will not disappoint. I'll put a review up on here soon :thumb:
IMG_20170117_094308_169.jpg

mongo74

I'm your huckleberry.
ECF Veteran
Nov 15, 2016
Ωhmsville
IMG_3257.jpg

Got mine in today. Interesting concept...they joystick is going to take some getting used to. I like the soft touch carbon fiber. I ordered a plastic screen protector as I only have tempered glass ones lol. Just waiting on a gunmetal Aromamizer Plus to hurry up and get here, though my Calypso matched it nicely.

mjag

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2014
United States
Ok, here's my questions.
How do you like the fire button placement?
How do you like the 'light up' logo?
How do you like the battery door? Any problems with the 30Q fitting/closing?
The fire button takes a little getting use to. At first I was using my index finger but then my other fingers tend to get close or touch the screen leading me to clean it off. I now fire with my thumb, I don't have a problem with it but it is a little akward when your use to other mods.

Never really notice the light up logo unless I am in the dark, usually my palm is covering up anyway. Would be nice if they offered an option to turn it off. It is probably not possible but if there was a way to change the color that would be slick.

You do have to push back the latch to close then push it in to lock it. It would be nice if you could just swing it shut and the latch would retract and lock on it's own.
Getting batteries in and out is a breaze compared to other mods though. My Finder 167 and Triade DNA 250 have those damn raised sections around the positive terminal to protect against reverse polarity. There is always one battery that is a pain to get in and out so you don't rip the wrap on your battery. Really dumb too since the DNA250 has reverse battery protection so those stupid things aren't needed anymore.

All in all it is a great mod though

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

ShowerHead

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
Massachusetts
Mine arrived!
It had the current firmware as shown on the Yihi site.
Bluetooth worked fine, but the app is kind of useless what with the inaccurate/hard to adjust sliders.
The vape though, wow!
This is first mod I've owned that makes my 25mm tanks look small.
Fit, feel, material, workmanship are all excellent.
All in all, a good acquisition.

As promised, here's a pic with the EXO RTA high atop.
SX Mini G.jpg

Last edited:

mjag

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2014
United States
What do you all think is better, the sx mini q mini or the g class?
I had a Q Mini for a couple of months but a couple of weeks after getting the G Class I sold the Q. I really thought I would use the q mini more as the majority of my tanks are 25mm. The form factor, ease of use and overall performance of the G class outshined the q mini easily for me. I don't know if it was just in my head or not, the 450 should have the same performance as the 550 but TC was better for me on the G as well.

Once you learn the joystick on the G class as well there is little need to enter the menu. You can switch from TC to power, switch metals, cycle through memory slots, change ramp up and more with just the joystick. At first it is a little odd using the joystick but after I figured it out it is one of the easiest mods to operate.

G class over the Q mini all the way, the q mini is pedestrian next to it.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Wingsfan0310

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2013
Flat Rock, MI, USA
I know but then I have to lock/relocking whenever I go in/outside, it should just read the lowest resistance as the baseline like all the other boards do. It's too much work.

Actually I think it does, just not accurately or something.
Most boards have an autolock/read of the resistance in TC mode, Yihi doesn't. You have to lock the room temperature resistance. You don't have to unlock it though. It compares the room temperature resistance to the rise in resistance as the coil heats up to calculate the coils temperature just like all other mods do. The only difference is you have to manually lock it when you screw on the atty while the coils are at room temperature.

Cheers,
Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread