Zirconium wire and springs

Status
Not open for further replies.

*bibi*

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 16, 2014
PP
is there a coiling tool like a 'vise' that will take all diameters?

1442216_Teilapparat-1-2.jpg

(picture)

tifozi

ECF Veteran
Feb 17, 2016
Athens, Greece
@woita I confirm this too. With the hard Zr wire you need to be a "size" down for the axis. Like if you want a 2.5mm coil, then use a 2mm coiler. If you like a 3.1mm coil then use a 2.5mm coiler.

@Ariel_MX after extended tests with my EVIC VTC mini chinese mode I confirm that TCR115~120 (0.0012) works perfect for this wire. Note that I used a V2+ Tilemahos with DIY Zr coil and not a X1 with Zr spring/coil.

It vapes fantastic in TC mode!

soulseek

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2013
London, UK
If you need such a low TCR in the range of 115-120, then you're not using Zirconium wire. The literature value for Zr is approximately 0.0044, I have confirmed it from various sources.

If you have a basic understanding of how TC works, you should realise that this difference is too big to account for any inaccuracy in the board (if not I can plot a few simple graphs to illustrate this). Simply put, you're most likely using a grade of stainless steel.

Pier

May 8, 2016
@imeothanasis at the end I understand nothing about the use of your Zirconium wire. Since 2016, I bought two Tilemahos X1 (I liked very much your new coil system) and one V2+ and I still haven't understood how I can use the X1 with zirconium wire. It's incredible how you can sell new product without a basic infos for normal user. Your official site has no info about this product. For example, how I can set your zirconium springs in the Tc mode on normal box (Pico or Evic mini) or other batteries which not include a Zirconium Tc. I'm not an engineer and I'm sorry for my outlet, but I'm just a journalist and marketing manager for world wide companies, and my focus is on customer satisfaction and user friendly (and safe) solution. If you make the best atom (I think so), you must have the best customer infos. Regards.

Ps. I asked info about zirconium springs to your Italian reseller, but they know nothing about it... They just sell.

Inviato da Pier Fedrizzi

Last edited:

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
Pier, you are maybe new on eigs, thats why you dont know that I do have the best customer service :). At least me, I cant speak about my sellers but I think that they have a very good one too

X1 doesnt work on a TC mod. To say it better, it works but you have to find the right settings. So please put the coefficient on your TC mod at number 12 for Zr.

I am glad that you do your job the right way. Thats the key of success!!

Last edited:

Pier

May 8, 2016
Thank a lot @imeothanasis for your time. I'm very pleasure to receive an answer from you. I still think that you can do better customer service, especially on your website, poor of infos. This kind of information I have to find before in the official website and after even in a forum (good for glossary). Be sure, I could be new on eigs - as you wrote - but many others expert vapers don't know to much about zirconium springs (and maybe they don't fully understand the innovation of X1).
Anyway, we don't do controversy, I'll try to set my TC mod, following your directions and being quite to use zirconium springs even in vw. Isn't it?

Inviato da Pier Fedrizzi

Reactions: imeothanasis

tifozi

ECF Veteran
Feb 17, 2016
Athens, Greece
@Pier It is just a wire/coil not a device, by reading some Wikipedia topics about this you will learn all useful information you need about Zirconium. What instructions do you need for Zirconium coils? They are used as the classic SS coils/springs for Tilemahos X1. @imeothanasis doesn't "promote" these (and SS springs also) for TC as Tilemahos X1 is not 100% accurate in TC mode and depends on the user/setup and the state of the coil! I was a lucky one to use the same Zirconium wire and make my own Zr coils for Tilemahos V2+ where TC is 101% accurate and make a LOT of tests with this wire. I am so impressed! Anyway, long story short .....

.... for Joyetec chips (Evic VTC Mini, Eleaf Pico, Reuleaux RX200 etc) use "CUSTOM TCR" with value "0120"

See their documentation on how to set this to the custom TCR (M1/M2/M3). You will amazed with the way TC is working with this wire! :)

I don't have an Evolv or YiHi powered mod to give you TCR values for these chips but it would be around 0.0012

tifozi

ECF Veteran
Feb 17, 2016
Athens, Greece
I can answer only on my behalf and no one else. Zirconium wires/coils/springs can be used in Power mode (VW) AND in TC mode. I am not a big fan of TC as my mod is not very good, so VW is how I use them now. In fact ALL coil-wires (including Ti & Ni) can be used for VW but unlike Zirconium, these wires (Ni/Ti) are not safe if their temperature goes beyond a specific point as their oxides are unhealthy. On the other hand, Zirconium and its oxides are biocompatible, and not harmful and they are used also in prosthetic operations (teeth/bones). Zr is the safest material for this job at the moment. The only downside of it, is the price, and that's why you won't see real soon, tons of 30m-wire-packages, priced 1.99$ from China all over the vape market. Thanasis did it again ! :)

I am sure that @imeothanasis will get back to you soon. What mod do you have? I can give instructions for Evic VTC to set TCR, it is very easy, 30seconds max to set a custom TCR value and try it also in TC.

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
Thank a lot @imeothanasis for your time. I'm very pleasure to receive an answer from you. I still think that you can do better customer service, especially on your website, poor of infos. This kind of information I have to find before in the official website and after even in a forum (good for glossary). Be sure, I could be new on eigs - as you wrote - but many others expert vapers don't know to much about zirconium springs (and maybe they don't fully understand the innovation of X1).
Anyway, we don't do controversy, I'll try to set my TC mod, following your directions and being quite to use zirconium springs even in vw. Isn't it?

Inviato da Pier Fedrizzi
yes, you can use Zr springs and Zr wire in any device and on mechanicals too Pier. As for a website that will have info for my customers, it will be ready in a while. Ecf is a good place too if you agree. It has all the nessesary info on its GG threads :)

Marst

ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2011
Austria
So I am absolutely happy with the X1 and Imeos ready made Zirconium springs.
Only after Imeo AND Dicodes stated it's not perfect in TC mode I don't operate it on my 200€ Dani with all it's 100.000 options as planned, but on my 11$ Heatvape Invader Mini. (Ok I admit the 11$ were a 70% OFF Promotion price in Heaven)
Also this team looks good, makes no problems whatsoever, never leaks and tastes incredibly great with around 25W.
Only 'problem' is it needs very often refills and my favorite pure VG juices are pretty hard to get into this tiny slot.
My only wish would be some riffles on the air adjustment ring as with it's two O-rings it's hardly movable without screwing off the whole thing.

tifozi

ECF Veteran
Feb 17, 2016
Athens, Greece
Try to use a drop of VG on these two o-rings or even better pure vaseline, just a grain like using a toothpick for this and use a swab to apply it to the whole o-ring.

If still it is too firm then you can also remove the one of the two o-rings preferably the upper o-ring.

Last edited:

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
So I am absolutely happy with the X1 and Imeos ready made Zirconium springs.
Only after Imeo AND Dicodes stated it's not perfect in TC mode I don't operate it on my 200€ Dani with all it's 100.000 options as planned, but on my 11$ Heatvape Invader Mini. (Ok I admit the 11$ were a 70% OFF Promotion price in Heaven)
Also this team looks good, makes no problems whatsoever, never leaks and tastes incredibly great with around 25W.
Only 'problem' is it needs very often refills and my favorite pure VG juices are pretty hard to get into this tiny slot.
My only wish would be some riffles on the air adjustment ring as with it's two O-rings it's hardly movable without screwing off the whole thing.
great Mars!
About the AD ring: I put 2 o-rings so you can take off the one of them if its tight. Or you can replace o-rings will smaller ones. Now Tilly carries 14x1 o-rings. You can put 13x1. But just take off the one o-ring. Its easier and it has no impact to the air.

Reactions: Marst
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread