Not open for further replies.

Moonwalker

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2012
Belgrade, Serbia
Where was I all this years? :(

I am huge carto-tank vaping lover and was always thinking how great would it be to have rebuildable "carto". I am ashamed that I didn't have an idea about this product. :unsure:

One question - can it go inside of any caryo-tank for classic cartos like Boge, for example Varadero tank for Provari?

And if it can, any idea where to get V2 these days? :oops:

HBcorpse

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Where was I all this years? :(

I am huge carto-tank vaping lover and was always thinking how great would it be to have rebuildable "carto". I am ashamed that I didn't have an idea about this product. :unsure:

One question - can it go inside of any caryo-tank for classic cartos like Boge, for example Varadero tank for Provari?

And if it can, any idea where to get V2 these days? :oops:

Heya Moon,

The Sophia v1 and v2 will fit in any carto style tank, including Billet Box tanks (needs an adapter kit sold on the ByLeo site).

It has different top section lengths available, for the different height carto tanks...35mm and 45mm.

It's a great device!

Moonwalker

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2012
Belgrade, Serbia
I saw "tube" dimensions, I would use 35mm to fit perfectly my Varadero tank, I just wasn't sure if it would fit. Thank you for your reply.

I checked there before asking here. Unfortunetly it's out of stock. :(

Moonwalker

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2012
Belgrade, Serbia
Unfortunetly, with Provape closing and stocking up and also purchasing Squape Rs couple days ago I am short on a budget :cry: and already have a tank as it would only go with my 2.5 Provari mini.

I am making my final purchases for some timeand I'm making all my mods go with perfectly matching and working atties. And Sofia will go great in Provari mini and Varadero combo. :(

Moonwalker

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2012
Belgrade, Serbia
Together with tank Cage V2 is in stock.
SPECIAL OFFERS - By Leo.
I own one, tank is with top filling.

Thank you for pointing out to me at this as it showed me that at least there is Sofia V2 available.

Then one huge thanks to great By Leo customer support. :thumbs:

Timeline: I left my previous comment here, went to By Leo site, send message asking if there's any chance some solo V2 left, couple minutes later I got reply that they put one in shop for me and two minutes later I've ordered my first Sofia. :cool:

Also thanks to Qorax for all of his different and yet great reviews and also the one for coiling V2. I hope i will be able to coil it sucessfully and that I will be satisfied with the vape. Great design and very thin/narrow construction/tube in theory should bring great flavour.

And if it happens that I can't coil it as it should be done I know which person I will bore... sorry Qorax. :pervy:

Proud owner of GG Penelope V4 (mini) and Tilemahos X1, Kayfun 2.1 mini (I believe the best Kayfun ever no matter all newer versions and options added), Squape Rs (for me the best M2L atty to this day) and soon Sofia V2 (my old wish to have RBA carto as I am huge fan of Boge and carto-tanks).

I'm planning to buy just one more atty and then pause it for a longer period of time. I just can't decide should I take one more Squape Rs as there are only few of them left in stock globaly or to take new Calix, V3 version. Decisions, decisions. :unsure:

Last edited:

HBcorpse

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Thank you for pointing out to me at this as it showed me that at least there is Sofia V2 available.

Then one huge thanks to great By Leo customer support. :thumbs:

Timeline: I left my previous comment here, went to By Leo site, send message asking if there's any chance some solo V2 left, couple minutes later I got reply that they put one in shop for me and two minutes later I've ordered my first Sofia. :cool:

Also thanks to Qorax for all of his different and yet great reviews and also the one for coiling V2. I hope i will be able to coil it sucessfully and that I will be satisfied with the vape. Great design and very thin/narrow construction/tube in theory should bring great flavour.

And if it happens that I can't coil it as it should be done I know which person I will bore... sorry Qorax. :pervy:

Proud owner of GG Penelope V4 (mini) and Tilemahos X1, Kayfun 2.1 mini (I believe the best Kayfun ever no matter all newer versions and options added), Squape Rs (for me the best M2L atty to this day) and soon Sofia V2 (my old wish to have RBA carto as I am huge fan of Boge and carto-tanks).

I'm planning to buy just one more atty and then pause it for a longer period of time. I just can't decide should I take one more Squape Rs as there are only few of them left in stock globaly or to take new Calix, V3 version. Decisions, decisions. :unsure:

My vote (if I had a vote) would be for the Calix V3!

nuvole

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 27, 2014
Sillypore

While Sofia v1 & v2 will fit any tank, but I'll stick to "the cage" as the bottom cap flush with Sofia's base.

Moonwalker

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2012
Belgrade, Serbia
Finally Sofia arrived. I was affraid the girl's gonna stood me up. :lol:

Made my very first Sofia coil. Not bad at all having in mind that I wasn't tweaking at all, just wanted to make coil asap and start vaping.

Pics are not good quality at all but it is what it is. :confused:

IMAG4691.jpg
IMAG4692.jpg

The coil is heating nicely.

IMAG4696.jpg
IMAG4695.jpg
IMAG4694.jpg
IMAG4693.jpg

It goes very nice with P3 but it really looks beautiful on 2.5 mini.

IMAG4700.jpg
IMAG4697.jpg

I am very satisfied with the vape as this is just the first coil from first attempt but it's far away from ideal. And I know where the problem lies - coil position and amount of cotton.

First of all, I love tight draw but with this build it's too tight. I need to put coil more above the airhole to get more air. And regarding cotton, it's hard to change old habbits. I tought that I put smaller amount than I usually put in Tilemahos or Squape Rs but then I saw it's still a lot. Then I made it more thinner and cut it more in angle but again it was a lot. Did it again and that time I was sure it's ok and I was even worried that now is less then needed and that could even leak. But the moment I started screwing the tube I felt it was still tight build. I managed to screw it somehow and it works nicely, it didn't blocked the liquid flow but I need to pull a lot stronger then usual.

So next coil will go higher and with even less cotton so I'll see the results.

Thank you By Leo for making this great thingy :p and thank you @qorax for making great tutorial which helped me build a coil as easy as possible. :thumbs:

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
Finally Sofia arrived. I was affraid the girl's gonna stood me up. :lol:

Made my very first Sofia coil. Not bad at all having in mind that I wasn't tweaking at all, just wanted to make coil asap and start vaping.

Pics are not good quality at all but it is what it is. :confused:

IMAG4691.jpg
IMAG4692.jpg

The coil is heating nicely.

IMAG4696.jpg
IMAG4695.jpg
IMAG4694.jpg
IMAG4693.jpg

It goes very nice with P3 but it really looks beautiful on 2.5 mini.

IMAG4700.jpg
IMAG4697.jpg

I am very satisfied with the vape as this is just the first coil from first attempt but it's far away from ideal. And I know where the problem lies - coil position and amount of cotton.

First of all, I love tight draw but with this build it's too tight. I need to put coil more above the airhole to get more air. And regarding cotton, it's hard to change old habbits. I tought that I put smaller amount than I usually put in Tilemahos or Squape Rs but then I saw it's still a lot. Then I made it more thinner and cut it more in angle but again it was a lot. Did it again and that time I was sure it's ok and I was even worried that now is less then needed and that could even leak. But the moment I started screwing the tube I felt it was still tight build. I managed to screw it somehow and it works nicely, it didn't blocked the liquid flow but I need to pull a lot stronger then usual.

So next coil will go higher and with even less cotton so I'll see the results.

Thank you By Leo for making this great thingy :p and thank you @qorax for making great tutorial which helped me build a coil as easy as possible. :thumbs:
Congrats ma'am! And it indeed is looking nice on both, the P3 as well as the 2.5.

newyork13

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2013
western Massachusetts
Ma'am? But why? :blink:
Only the Q knows why. Maybe it's a Canadian thing? LOL.

What did your first coil turn out to be regarding ohms?
My limited attempts on the V2 still haven't completely satisfied me for flavor, as compared to my old Sophias. But, I'm still experimenting.

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
Only the Q knows why. Maybe it's a Canadian thing? LOL.

What did your first coil turn out to be regarding ohms?
My limited attempts on the V2 still haven't completely satisfied me for flavor, as compared to my old Sophias. But, I'm still experimenting.
B'coz I'm ex-Military my good sir! We always respectfully address women as ma'am ~ and that's one tradition / courtesy I cannot refute even to this day.
Capt Uniform.jpg

newyork13

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2013
western Massachusetts
B'coz I'm ex-Military my good sir! We always respectfully address women as ma'am ~ and that's one tradition / courtesy I cannot refute even to this day.
View attachment 639003
Yes ma'am. I mean yes sir. LOL. We love you Q.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread