Not open for further replies.

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
Yeah, me too. But, I had to step in, and dear old Q followed right behind. Thanks to Moonwalker for a moment of levity.
I honestly always thought he was a she. Like many believed I was a female during the starting of my ECF journey ;)

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
Ive been "on the fence" with Sophias. I saw someone post that they liked the original Sophia compared to the V2. What is the difference. It seems the V2 is out of stock ( everytime I decide to get one )

My preference is taste vs air. I also need ease because of my hands, so if the original needs R-NR twisting, that might keep me away.

Thanks everyone.

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
Ive been "on the fence" with Sophias. I saw someone post that they liked the original Sophia compared to the V2. What is the difference. It seems the V2 is out of stock ( everytime I decide to get one )

My preference is taste vs air. I also need ease because of my hands, so if the original needs R-NR twisting, that might keep me away.

Thanks everyone.
1) The original needs NR-R-NR. But is easier to build (if you use readymade wires) than the V2.
2) The V2 is leakproof. The original could weep thru its 510 pin.
3) The V2 is airier. But doesn't come in the way of a good MTL.
4) PM @Billie-cig. He could make it happen even if the site says "OOS".
5) IMO a vaper should have at least one Sophia. They are gooooood!

And Ms. AAF, good to see you here ma'am :)

Billie-cig

Unregistered - Closed
ECF Veteran
May 16, 2013
Athens,Greece
www.byLeo.eu

Thanks everyone.
Qorax pretty much covered everything :)
If you need a ΣΟΦΙΑ or anytning else, please send us at byleogr@gmail.com.
We are fighting with the new laws and the CE we have to get (which need a lot of money) so we have to be out of stock until it goes through for our country :(

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
Qorax pretty much covered everything :)
If you need a ΣΟΦΙΑ or anytning else, please send us at byleogr@gmail.com.
We are fighting with the new laws and the CE we have to get (which need a lot of money) so we have to be out of stock until it goes through for our country :(

I just spent my vape budget. Every few months I gather up stuff that I dont use, ( vape gear and jewelry etc.) sell it on Ebay, put a bit away, and then I get myself something special in vaping gear. Ive been pretty good and it seems my timing is always off. I still dont seem to sell my stuff well and spend too much on used goodies.

newyork13

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2013
western Massachusetts

Thanks everyone.
I have several Sophia's including a v2. Qorax's post explained very well the differences.
If you have hand issues, and if you get the premade wires (as far as I can tell, they're only available from fasttech at the moment) or if you get the pre-wound wires/wicks from byLeo (easier still), you'll find it easier than the v2.
Honestly, the taste of the Sophia's is great. I'm still fooling around with the v2, so I won't compare the two. But, I've really never gotten better taste from anything than my Sophia v1s. An occasional drip or seepage from the pin is a small price to pay.

I've been told you could use them like a dripper, but I've not tried.

Krisma

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2014
Australia
Thank you all for all your information and sharing of great comparisons.

My problem is my stupid hands, but also, if I like the Sophia then Im going to want at least one more. I know Id be using it with my NETs so Id have to change out at least once a day.

I use the precoils from fasttech 1.8ohms and the v1 is a very quick changeover for me. You wont need to change the coils just remove wick, dry burn/torch the coil and rewick with your fav, I use rayon (cellucotton)

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
Thank you all for all your information and sharing of great comparisons.

My problem is my stupid hands, but also, if I like the Sophia then Im going to want at least one more. I know Id be using it with my NETs so Id have to change out at least once a day.
NET could be a problem with the Sophia V1. Remember, the space is tighter than the new V2.

Reactions: anavidfan

Krisma

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2014
Australia
So @Krisma, could you elaborate on your post?
I only use silica wicks in my Sophia v1s (and cotton in my v2.)
To renew my v1 set up I wash it, let it dry and then dryburn it. Easy enough.
But, how do you torch it without melting the blue insulator?

I havent melted an insulator yet. I have torched the coil but like you its easier to dry burn if its setup.
With the wicks. I use the coils with the silica wicks and setup then gently remove the silica and rewick with rayon.

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
That's amazing.

Do you replace the silica with rayon because you feel it tastes better or for other reasons?
The more I use cotton, the more I'm thinking the silica is a better flavor carrier. But, that could just be bad taste on my part.

I opine likewise as well ~ silica is a safer and better flavor carrier. Akin to mesh.

Krisma

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2014
Australia
That's amazing.

Do you replace the silica with rayon because you feel it tastes better or for other reasons?
The more I use cotton, the more I'm thinking the silica is a better flavor carrier. But, that could just be bad taste on my part.

I switched everything to rayon so my eliquids all taste and act the same. I have never liked cotton. Tastes like wet washing smells (to me)

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
Which do you think wicks best: silica wick, ekowool hollow core, ekowool silica core, or ekowool cotton core?
Hi, IMO each has it's purpose. Wicks and performs differently for different viscosity, type of build and the user's vaping style.

I've never used Ekw-Silica core, but would believe it'd perform similar to the plain silica rope. As with hollow cored Ekw - my take is that the moment we insert it into our coils - that hollowness goes out of the door. So once again, it becomes a plain silica rope. Tho yes, Ekw is amorphous - but it essentially is also silica fibres. Ekw-Cotton core wicks better among the group, especially for hi-VG blends.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread