The Sophia Rebuildable Atomizer by Leo **Discussion & Tips**

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlyD

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 2, 2013
Finland
So I've had Sophia for about a month. Simply stunning. Than the other day I dropped her and she hit drip tip first. Now the threads are wonky and have a drop of juice on my provari pin every couple hours. So mad at myself as it takes to long to get myself a replacement. Still tastes great with the micro coil I've installed.

Drop by in this thread By Leo. People might have some options for you there ;)

Susan W.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 30, 2013
Torrance, CA
I just blow into mine with a paper towel on the other end. Seems to work for me. Not sure if this is the recommended way to do it though.

I just got my Sophia in today. Still using it with the pre-installed cup & coil. Somehow I managed to flood it. Any tips on how to get it unflooded?

Zbeast08

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2013
Wilson, NC, USA
I just got my Sophia in today. Still using it with the pre-installed cup & coil. Somehow I managed to flood it. Any tips on how to get it unflooded?

Susan's suggestion will work. I have just shut the juice control completely down and vaped slowly through the gurgling and then slowly open her back up!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

newyork13

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2013
western Massachusetts
Although, to add to what I posted earlier: I also remove the tank from the mod and sop up any leakage which may have occurred on the pin, then vape. For me, the gurgling and slight seepage happen together.
Susan's suggestion will work. I have just shut the juice control completely down and vaped slowly through the gurgling and then slowly open her back up!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
I just PMed it to someone, thought of sharing it here as well:

Hey Q, I am torn between the Sophia and the Diver v2. I see all your ravings on both, especially the Sophia. Can you tell me why should I spend more and get the Sophia and not the Dv2? Pls help me make my mind. I just want one, either of the two. Thanks & regards, P

Why the Sophia?

Hi P,

Both are good 'Tanking-RBAs', very easy to use, build and maintain - AND vapes very well. However, if it has to be just one between the two ~ The Sophia is a better choice. In fact it is the BEST. Here's why?

1. Sophia has a Juice Control. Diver v2 doesn't. So, tighten it in and this RBA will never leak. The Dv2 does (leak) if kept overnight &/or in prolonged unused condition (tho will not leak when in use, or in short bursts of non-use). With the Sophia you can keep a tankful and rest it aside - then come back after days and start using it without any issues whatsoever. Similar to Imeo's Penelope, Oddy etc.

2. Sophia comes with an 'optional' "Long Body" Upper Tube with built-in drip-tip. Replace the stock upper with this contraption and you don't need a drip-tip at all. And in this config it looks soooo cooool! This is my most favoured config. And I wish Billie (By Leo) had done some refinishing on this topper (like engraving SOPHIA on it, or a Logo, or some grooves / designs / polished lines on a brushed body etc.). That'd make it all the more endearing. Not a deal breaker tho - b'coz The Sophia is awesome anyway!

3. Sophia also has an optional "Short Body" upper tube. This jig makes it sit flush inside a standard carto-tank, just like the Dv2 &/or regular cartomizers. Tho I'd never use this config b'coz that mars the uniqueness of the Sophia. It vapes and looks gr8 as it comes IMHO. But hey, this option is there for those who like it that way. The Dv2 isn't customizable in any way. BUT it comes in 24K Gold, which looks very classy on a brass/copper mod/atty (like our Paps-LUX) with a matching 24K Gold drip-tip from Atmistique!

4. Sophia is also built better than the Dv2. Better material, machining, fit and finish. Yes it is priced higher than the Dv2 ~ but the uniqueness of it (and the quality) makes it worth that excess cost. Ah, if only it also had a serial# - I'm a sucker for serialized gears! Makes it all the more personalized knowing this number is MINE!

5. B'coz of it's design (the stock Sophia config, and/or with the Long Upper) it can be easily pushed out (slightly) from the top and remove the coiling deck for rebuilding &/or tinkering. No such option with the Dv2 except by using a Cartodriver.

6. B'coz of it design the Sophia (in its stock Sophia config, and/or with the Long Upper) gives a superior vape. B'coz the conical boom within it's upper tube is in that right position. See that >YT video< I had linked before. There is thus a rifling effect on the vapour once it leaves the mouthpiece. And that aeronautic system is done perfectly in the Sophia. Which is why it is a flavour bomb very akin to our Spheroid. Yes, the Dv2 also has a cone inside - but it isn't as well placed as the Sophia.

The fact thus remain that The Sophia is GREAT - the best of the best. A vaper cannot live without it IMHO :)

BOTTOMLINE: Go with the Sophia and you will never regret the purchase!

v8ovad.jpg

Krisma

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2014
Australia
I have a Sophia and it works beautifully with every device except the provari I bought it for. I know the provari's have a tendency to push the pin in and I can work around that but when I have a look at the pin it appears to be quite loose in the base anyway. So I stripped it down and the insulator was halfway up the post. I have put back on the pin and it's not that tight but I can't find any pics that show how much of the pin the insulator should cover. If I look at the leo site it appears as if the insulator is slightly over the edge of lower third of the pin. Now I dont know if I need a new pin set. Can someone take a pic of their pin showing the where it should end up so I don't wreck the insulator.

Technonut

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 11, 2010
East Coast, USA
I have a Sophia and it works beautifully with every device except the provari I bought it for. I know the provari's have a tendency to push the pin in and I can work around that but when I have a look at the pin it appears to be quite loose in the base anyway. So I stripped it down and the insulator was halfway up the post. I have put back on the pin and it's not that tight but I can't find any pics that show how much of the pin the insulator should cover. If I look at the leo site it appears as if the insulator is slightly over the edge of lower third of the pin. Now I dont know if I need a new pin set. Can someone take a pic of their pin showing the where it should end up so I don't wreck the insulator.

You're in luck... :) This was just posted about in the maker's thread..

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...ys-mods-drip-tips-tanks-228.html#post13651612

Krisma

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2014
Australia
how does the vape of a sophia/tank compare to a kayfun or similar devices?

I am a bit of a novice so I am sure other will give you a better comparison. I am an experienced carto tank user and when compared to them the Sophia gives a much more flavoursome vape for most of my eliquids. I have tried kayfuns, mini kayfuns and mini taifuns but I don't like the taste if cotton wicks and I found them messy to deal with. I shallow vape so a lot of those types of tanks gurgle and flood. The Sophia doesn't because I can adjust the Eliquid flow. That's a huge plus for me. Also I can use it in all my existing tanks with a slight adjustment of orings.

Krisma

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2014
Australia
Has anyone ever put a Sophia in a jonboy or Bella tank. I have some of them and because you can take the cap off to fill I wondered if you closed off the Sophia whether they would operate the same or would they just flood. I don't have the right combo of sizes just yet so I can't try. Need to get the shorter Sophia or longer glass for the tanks.

Last edited:

Susan W.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 30, 2013
Torrance, CA
Not familiar with a jonboy or bella tank but if it's a carto tank, it will work. When you refill you do have to close the Sophia as you would with any tank when refilling. Having the Sophia stick out of the top of the tank is fine, might not look like you want it to but it still will work as it's supposed to work.

Krisma

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2014
Australia
Not familiar with a jonboy or bella tank but if it's a carto tank, it will work. When you refill you do have to close the Sophia as you would with any tank when refilling. Having the Sophia stick out of the top of the tank is fine, might not look like you want it to but it still will work as it's supposed to work.

They are a carto tank but the cap and tip are all one. So the air pressure is different and the Sophia would need to be set inside the tip.

image.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread