►►►REMINDER -- GG comparing to other mods and GG sellers◄◄◄

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrgoodwrench2u

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 18, 2012
Toledo, Ohio . U.S.A.
no, mr, Achilles and Ithaka will be made much sooner. I mean that until the end of 2013 I will be able to make true 2 of my best thoughts that I havent announced yet.

Oh thank goodnes it's not Ithaka and Achilles , I'm saving $ right now for them !

Holy Cow Imeo , do you ever sleep ? you are always comming up with new stuff , AWESOME !

You are a gifted inventor and I'm very happy with the SS-GGTS and Odysseus v2 and Penelope and I want more , more , more ...lol

I can't wait for the VIR also !

Thanks Imeo , and all the GG family !!!!! :thumbs: :vapor: :)

BennyBoy

ECF Veteran
Aug 2, 2012
Hertfordshire, England
it takes much time for a patent Benny and its very costly. But some things worth to be patented

You would have to be a rich inventor to start with then, with some time on your hands and sit and watch while someone else could potentially bring out an invention which is similar to yours.

The way I see it, if someone makes an outright copy of any modder's work, like the chinese versions of popular attys such as the DiD for example, the only people to blame for the affect on said modder would actually be the people buying them.

As for someone creating a mod with influences or similar design as another, which maybe offers either a different material used, set-up option or even improvement, this can't be viewed as copying? Surely? I mean, how many options are there really to encase a battery, add a switch and a 510 connector with a tube mod? Most look similar imo. I wouldn't say any copied each other though.

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
You are right Benny for the patent issue. As for your question about how many ways exist of making a tube, I will answer to you with a question. How many ways I have found? e-cig in sections and telescope. Do you know why? Its because when I found the sections I didnt stop thinking until I found the telescope
Do you know that there are 2 more ways to make a telescope? But all people prefere to make it like I did. I imagine that you know the reason:)

Do you know how many ways exist for making a connector? I have found 3 and all of them are copied. Noone made another style of connector. Do you know that there is one more way and I will put it on Proteus? And when it will be copied as usual then we will say again that there is no other way to make a connector

Do you also know that the GG4S had 4 ways to push a button? I never send it to market because I had no time.

And how many ways for venting holes? See GGTS and you will understand.

And how many ways for a CT? Maybe none until now, only GGTS has it

As you see, the excuse that some "modders" use like: "a tube is a tube" just doesnt exist. Its because they dont want to make the extra mile or maybe they dont want to make any mile

RiverNut

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2012
Texas
The way I see it, if someone makes an outright copy of any modder's work, like the chinese versions of popular attys such as the DiD for example, the only people to blame for the affect on said modder would actually be the people buying them.

The chinese maker AND the buyers are the same type of people. Money is their only concern, not what is the right. I don't understand why so many people support chinese manufacturing with their blatant thievery.
Thankfully there are good folks out there who not only want the real thing, but also want to support the originator...because it's the right thing to do.

dspin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 2, 2010
USA
These people that support the true modders they support the innovation too River. If all people support China then no inovation would come up in the market. At the end, they support the whole industry!

I have said this many times on other threads but always get shot down with one silly exuse after the other. Like-ill try the copy first to see how I like it. Very ignorant statement IMO. Copy will never equal a top of the line original. Many people support these other countries that do this. Look at the DID, not only copy of design, they stole the mans name too.

BennyBoy

ECF Veteran
Aug 2, 2012
Hertfordshire, England
Thanks a lot for taking some time to reply to my post Imeo. You make some very good points there, really got me thinking, thanks. Being relatively new to the world of vaping, I've hit it where there are many products out there. If I had been around to see more of how things have developed, maybe I would have a different opinion on it all - who knows?

I'm looking forward to seeing what else you will come up with next. :)

Moonwalker

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2012
Belgrade, Serbia
Guys, I hate thieves and copying, but you don't take all unknowns in this topic. Lot of people buy copies not because they want to spend less but because they don't have more to spend. A guy in Serbia who works 10 hours a day for 250-300 euro a month (majority of people) can not pay 1/3 of monthly wage for UFS, for example. Best that they can do for themselves in mod department is some 15-30 euro mod.

Scum who does copying is the one who plays on that card. So it is not exactly true that the buyers are the same as the one's selling it. ;)

P.S. It is different for prople from the countries with higher standard. In the States I was making 150-200 per day, so my shoping potential was totally diferent.

Sent from my LG-P700 using Tapatalk 2

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
Thanks Benny. The part that satisfies me more is that you listen. You are new maybe but staying here you will be able to learn many things about GG and me and e-cig history. But the best of all is that if you stay here you will vape first the best constructions
Thanks a lot for taking some time to reply to my post Imeo. You make some very good points there, really got me thinking, thanks. Being relatively new to the world of vaping, I've hit it where there are many products out there. If I had been around to see more of how things have developed, maybe I would have a different opinion on it all - who knows?

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
Moon you are right and I agree. Customers have their reasons of course as you said. But "modders" have no excuse at all
Guys, I hate thieves and copying, but you don't take all unknowns in this topic. Lot of people buy copies not because they want to spend less but because they don't have more to spend. A guy in Serbia who works 10 hours a day for 250-300 euro a month (majority of people) can not pay 1/3 of monthly wage for UFS, for example. Best that they can do for themselves in mod department is some 15-30 euro mod.

Scum who does copying is the one who plays on that card. So it is not exactly true that the buyers are the same as the one's selling it. ;)

P.S. It is different for prople from the countries with higher standard. In the States I was making 150-200 per day, so my shoping potential was totally diferent.

Sent from my LG-P700 using Tapatalk 2

jdspears

Sep 1, 2012
Atlanta area
The chinese maker AND the buyers are the same type of people. Money is their only concern, not what is the right. I don't understand why so many people support chinese manufacturing with their blatant thievery.
Thankfully there are good folks out there who not only want the real thing, but also want to support the originator...because it's the right thing to do.
When the DID clone came out I just figured he sold out his name and design. If thats not the case then it's just over the top wrong.
Opps quoted the wrong post.

Last edited:

Aron Gatt

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 5, 2012
Malta

I understand Benny " I truly do" ....but best will always have haters and a lot of enemies , we only need to dig /search a bit more to know the truth.
Saying this .. No one is perfect either and prone to mistakes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread