Status
Not open for further replies.

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
Ok, I thought it was the amount of lines. They all screw in:). its just that when I use the ones I got in( the one in the middle) I get leaks ; the whole tank empties. Dont know if its because I cant screw it down because of my bad weak hands, but the large one on the right dont leak. Darn I need more of those,
at least 4. If anyone has any of the big ones I will give you 2 of the middle ones per each larger one. Please:)

justinred

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2012
PH
Interesting thing today regarding odysseus. I rebuilt it while on the road and again the big nut which holds the positive wire gets stuck. With no needle nose pliers on hand and me unable to unthread it using fingers, I just trapped the positive wire under the oring ala ithaka and it holds very well! That's how I am gonna build it from now on. :)

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
all nuts work the same and they can be screwed the same way ana.

Why do you think they are different for your hands?
So, on the serious side, Imeo, is there any way possible you can check in all your vast collection of bit and pieces and spares that you can check to see if you have ANY of the larger Ody nuts? My hands would really appreciate it. I dont know why , but I visualize your home and work space and shop must have some old parts :) I have 12 of the smaller one in the middle, I would gladly send these back I could get 6 of the larger ones.

_MG_0110_zps3f3d3fbc.jpg

fright88

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2011
Loveland CO
On the smaller nuts maybe a custom made pronged screwdriver would be helpful. Or you could do what I did and put an o-ring or 2 between the ceramic and the nut. Should raise the nut so that the post doesn't extend past it but still allow your to tighten it easily. Also it has the advantage of cushioning the ceramic so if you over tighten it will be less likely to crack.

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
ana, dont try to screw hard the nut against center post. You cant do it either because the center post comes out of the nut before you totally screw the nut on it. What you have to do is to screw a little the nut and then spin the ceramic housing against the center post. When you feel that you cant spin it more, keep with pliers the center post from its knurled part and screw the ceramic housing by hand

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
On the smaller nuts maybe a custom made pronged screwdriver would be helpful. Or you could do what I did and put an o-ring or 2 between the ceramic and the nut. Should raise the nut so that the post doesn't extend past it but still allow your to tighten it easily. Also it has the advantage of cushioning the ceramic so if you over tighten it will be less likely to crack.

Thank you so very much , 2 orings did the trick, it raised the nut enough to I can get a nice snug fit..... Perfect !!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread