The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Odysseus official

Discussion in 'The GG' started by imeothanasis, Nov 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. RiverNut

RiverNut Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Jun 1, 2012
    Texas
    they are a tasty atty, no doubt. I like what you've done with them too. looks sharp.

2. Absinte

Absinte Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 16, 2012
    US
    I still love my Ody v2, if only Imeo would make the rebuildable part without the need for NR. then... i would bring my Ody out wherever i go, genesis tend to leak and i have to always keep attention to it.

3. anavidfan

anavidfan ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 14, 2012
    U.S.
    I still dont understand why the aversion to R-NR , I see some really elaborate coil sets, double twisted wires, micro coils , parallel coils, double dragon etc......Those all take time and are almost an art form. The Odys are so forgiving, sloppy wrap, perfect wraps.... Twisting the wires are almost primitive compared to many coil builds. So much less work than setting up a good genesis.

Maybe its because Im so used to it, but every week I make up 15 wires while watching TV. Doesnt take much time and its almost therapeutic.

4. RiverNut

Supporting member
    Jun 1, 2012
    Texas
    at least for micro's (can't speak for the others), it's not necessarily the coil building so much as it is the fast rewicking. One coil last forever it seems. Just rethread some cotton every few days and go.
    But you're right. And especially with ready mades, it's not that big a deal.

5. fright88

fright88 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May 21, 2011
    Loveland CO
    For me it is a mixture between wanting cotton and low ohm coils. I never got along well with Silica. Sure I used it a couple years but I was constantly fiddling with it. That being said Micro coils IMHO work better with cotton and my joins while much smaller and neater then they were when I got my first iAtty on release still make making a tidy micro coil almost impossible (again for me). Couple that with not knowing where to buy .7-.8 ohm pre mades makes me prefer a no nr setup. Yes I can build my Ody .8 ohms and make it work with cotton but it is much harder IMHO then throwing a .8 ohm micro coil in my updated Ithaka.

6. anavidfan

Jun 14, 2012
    U.S.
    I know exactly what you mean. If I could only get the joins neater. It makes it real hard to get micro coils with those joins. I did it, but with my dumb hands its hard. I now just shape my coil on a micro screwdriver spaced. I like my resistance around 1.0 so I did not find much of a difference in vapor or taste between the micro , or coils touching vs spaced. So i have my routine at a comfortable state. It would be nice to have just one wire, just so I could reuse the coil , but heck wire is cheap. I really wish they would have the ready made wires in at least 1.0 , it would make life easy and for neat coils.

I wish the updated Ithaka base would be compatible with Ody V2. Oh well. Ody V2 and I are stuck together, for better or worse :)

7. Aal_

Aal_ Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 5, 2012
    Greece
    Pre made wires should not be only smaller in ohms but imeo is still using 34 and 32 gauge wires. He should make pre mades with 30 and 28 Guage wires.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

8. dutch onsea

dutch onsea Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 14, 2013
    gent/Belgium
    I suppose most of us have bought a welder by now (or are ok with twisting). But still would be nice to see some fatter premades

9. fright88

fright88 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May 21, 2011
    Loveland CO
    You know it's kinda funny but I was about to buy one when Imeo announced the update for Ithaka. I still one one but it's been lower priority then other vaping toys lol

10. anavidfan

Jun 14, 2012
    U.S.
    I saw that COV was having a great clearance on GG bits and pieces and I recently took advantage of this and ordered some necessities. WHat Im not happy about is that they had the Ody top nut , in the photo it shows the newer bigger one, but they sent the smaller older one. I thought no big deal, I took all my rebuildable units and replaced them with the smaller nut and darn it if 2 out of 4 are leaking. Ive taken them apart , used different orings too and still leaking. Now I have 8 of these and I wish I had the larger ones. I also got sent 2 V1 Ody ceramics instead of the V2, so if anyone needs V1s PM me and I will send them your way. If anyone has the larger top nuts and wants to trade 8 of these for 4 larger ones PM me. I think these smaller nuts are good for Penelope.

Maybe Imeo can verify this. I might contact COV. They probably wont have the larger nuts to switch out.

11. RiverNut

Supporting member
    Jun 1, 2012
    Texas
    I'd send them back if they aren't what you were expecting/ordered, and aren't working. No sense in being stuck with that.
    :2c:

12. Aal_

May 5, 2012
    Greece
    The smaller nuts are actually the new ones. And they work with the ceramic v2. You cannot make the ceramic v2 work with the old big nuts as far as I know.

13. anavidfan

Jun 14, 2012
    U.S.
    They were so cheap, honestly I would almost spend as much shipping them back. I just checked e-smoke guru noticed that the center post top nut is now completely different, I guess its the same as the Ithaka. WHen did the change happen? I guess I have not kept up with everything:)

14. anavidfan

Jun 14, 2012
    U.S.
    Thats odd because the larger ones are the ones Ive always had.......?

15. RiverNut

Supporting member
    Jun 1, 2012
    Texas
    just checked it out. they do have some good prices if you can find something you need

16. Aal_

May 5, 2012
    Greece
    I didn't know there are 3 types. I know the small one with oring under it and the big one without.

17. anavidfan

Jun 14, 2012
    U.S.
    I guess there are 3, actually maybe 4, I found some even smaller ones in my collection of bits and pieces. I guess the larger one is easier for my crappy hands to work with so maybe thats why Im getting leaks. If anyone has the big chunky ones and wants 2 of the smaller ones maybe we can do a trade.

Yeah, I stocked up on the little delrin washers, got 4 of the Ithaka top tank sections, some of the lower nuts, and ceramics. Im tempted to get the Ody drip base, but I need the top for the dripper.

Here is a photo, ( any excuse to take out the camera:) ) of the ones I have, let me know what you all think. Ive been using the larger one with an oring under.

[​IMG]

What is the one on the left? Ive had that since before Ithakas were around.

18. imeothanasis

imeothanasis Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

Feb 13, 2009
    Athens, Hellas
    all nuts do exactly the same job guys. No difference at all. The only you have to check is if the threading is 3x0,5 because there is one nut that is different that the others and it has a 4x0,5 threading and its for penelope v2.

Ithaka, Odysseus and Penelope v1 use the same nut

19. anavidfan

Jun 14, 2012
    U.S.
    Thanks Imeo, maybe they sent me Penelope nuts( giggity) how do U check threading? Do I count? I guess I can take them and see if some have more threads than others?

20. imeothanasis

imeothanasis Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

Feb 13, 2009
    Athens, Hellas
    they will fit on the center post ana. If nut is bigger will go inside the center post like it had no threads and if its smaller it will not be able to screw at all

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.