Not open for further replies.

Daniel Forsyth

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
  • Mar 26, 2019
    Victoria, Australia
    Welcome to ECF:thumbs:
    It's definitely not a problem a difference of only 0.02 ohms. You're never going to get a 100% accurate reading on a 521Tab anyway, they're pretty good though.

Have you used a Mech mod before?
    This is one type of mod that you need to know A lot about before you do use one.
    So if you're not well up to date with you're mech mods please don't use one just yet and get all the advice here on them that you can:)

Hawise

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 25, 2013
    AB, Canada
    2 hundredths of an ohm is a tiny difference, so that's not a serious issue. That combination of battery and coil setup is a more serious issue, since you're exceeding the battery's CDR whether you're at 0.13 or 0.15 ohms. Before you continue using a mech, I strongly recommend reading up on:
    • Ohm's law
    • Battery ratings (Mooch provides excellent resources for this. Try his blog on this forum or his Youtube channel for more information.)
    • Safety margins

Z-Lee

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
  • Apr 17, 2021
    Upper Midwest
    Mech Mod Recommended Ohms Per Configuration.jpg

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal
    Welcome to the ECF chris34344.

Those Build Numbers are just Too Low to be using with a Single Battery Mech Mod. You Need to Build to a Hight Ohm.

How Many Amps is your Battery going to have to Provide when you put that Mech in your Mouth?

Richard Winter

ECF Veteran
  • Mar 30, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Just read this thread, as others have said, DONT build that low when using a mech mod.
    Building a 0.13 ohm coil will draw around 33 Amps from the battery that at best is only rated at 30A. Also you will be vaping at 136W from a fully charged battery.
    This doesn't sound very safe.
    Either use it on a regulated device where you can lower the wattage or increase the resistance of the build deck to around 0.2 oh which will at least mean you wont draw more current than the battery is capable of providing.

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 28, 2016
    the Universe
    It's from 2015 but this thread seemed like the perfect place to post this.

mechanical-mod-explosion-florida-1024x576.jpg

https://www.vaporvanity.com/guy-in-florida-blows-......-in-his-face-when-mechanical-mod-explodes/

James Lauria was vaping with a mechanical mod when it exploded in his face, causing third degree burns and putting a dime-sized hole in the roof of his mouth.

The injuries were so serious that he had to be airlifted to the University of Alabama's burn unit, where he spent a week in the ICU. Six weeks after the injury occurred, he’s still unable to eat solid food and is currently on liquid diet. He’s going to be fitted for a prosthetic that will close up the hole in the roof of his mouth, but it still seems like he has a long way to go before he recovers.

FWIW, on a single battery mech I've never gone lower than 0.5Ω. IMO there is no need to. YMMV.

I don't give a rats azz what anyone says 0.15Ω, 0.2Ω on a mech is dumb and seriously asking for trouble.

If looking to blow gargantuan clouds buy yourself the proper regulated mod and be done with it.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal
    Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread