• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

1 week using with the stardusts.........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bdbodger

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2011
North Vancouver BC Canada
I've tried it even with 100% PG juice and still had wicking issues. Though, if I put it on top of 2 510 adapters it wicks a little better for some weird reason. But still not very good. I think I'm just going to go back to plain old Boge LRs because I'm sick of the hassle :(

Oh and mac, I was so sick for a long time there and when I got back to school I had a ton of catching up to do. I also was at my family's place, house/dog sitting for a week and a half, so couldn't get on the interwebz much. But I think I'm back!

Using adapters usually means not enough air flow . I have todo that with the I-Pro . I might check it out and see if it helps

Edit: More air flow but not needed you may have had other problems . Tip and swirl like you have to do on any clearomizer and then blow hard into it if it flooded a bit and that seems to work . I use 3.7v on a LR stardust .

Last edited:

Bdbodger

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2011
North Vancouver BC Canada
Ok after another day with the stardust I find that on an ego battery I did need to use a 510 to 510 open adptor . I had been using it on my knight rider at 3.7volts and that was working good but then when I put it on my ego battery for some reason even with the ego booster on it it wasn't working very well so I put the 510 extender on it and boom clouds of vapor . I sort of knew it when the stardust was getting hot but there wasn't much vapor . Now even without the booster there is plenty of vapor .The booster does give it an extra kick but actually looks funny because the ego 1000mah battery I used was a PT battery so it was a bit longer than the normal 1000mah ego battery . Add to that length the ego booster and the stardust and it looks a bit like you are playing the flute :)

Digdiguash

Mar 18, 2012
New Brunswick
i also have 2 stardusts have been using them about a week and a half. have to say i love them. 1 has developed 2 fine cracks but it isn't leaking. I think this is my fault though. I leave it in my pocket and it has been dropped on several occasions. I crawl around big diesel engines all day and it does take quit a trashing. Ordered a Knight Rider with 2 more star dusts should be here tomorrow and i can't wait....

FunkyVapes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2011
Niagara Falls, Canada
Thanks for the advice on my question everybody. I don't want to give up on these guys just yet as they look great on my Megalodon and I can't find a DCA to save my life. Hopefully the LR ones will work better for me, as I won't need to hit it as long or often. I am using 50/50 juice in it now and it still can't keep up, haha.

RickMc

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2012
Fontana, CA
mine's still kinda 'meh' but i do have a SR on an ego. will try the LRs before I pass too harsh of judgment I guess :)

I wasn't fond of the SR, but the LR was nice on a KGO. Unfortunately, it developed cracks near the base almost instantly and leaked (interestingly, the SR didn't crack). Mine wasn't an original Vision, I'm almost certain. Ordered a couple that are Vision manufacture, so we shall see when they get here.

Last edited:

sunil

Moved On
Mar 11, 2012
GTA
Im on over my 30th fill on my first SD that is by vision and it is the latest version with the metal nipple that comes up from the center post. Still working and performing like a champ. Definatley Impressed , no leakage no dry hits, love it!. Seems some have gotten bad ones or vision replicas..or just lemon amongst all the good ones, happens I guess.

JayTheVapingGuy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2011
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Ok...

well.. i've only used my 3ohm Stardust on my LavaTube at 5.5v or 6v, so i don't know what its like with an SR or LR stardust on anything with low voltage...

i've had this on the go since saturday... OMG... i love this thing!! its amazing!! I have run at least 4 full tanks through it and if anything, the flavour is getting better...

the only flaws with this thing are with the spiderlines at the base of the tank... i'm sure that it will eventually fail though i suspect that it will fail after the coil would, and the markings on the side of the tank... had they moved them up even 1/4 inch then it would be at least a rough measurement... now those marks mean nothing at all...

dano-bri

ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2012
ontario canada
ya those stardust are pretty sweet i couldnt believe the amount of vapor they produce and thats just with the standard resistance.
Vaporus said he was getting some with low resistance , they should be pretty awsome
i will be ordering more of them thats for sure
best system i have tried so far

the next system i want to try, would be one the genesis

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread