• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

1 week using with the stardusts.........

Status
Not open for further replies.

encee_rz

ECF Veteran
Oct 8, 2011
Toronto, Ontario
I've tried tilting and don't get wetter wicks, just a juicy mouth :(

Make sure you're actually screwing it in properly. Yes, SCREWING it in, it's not a drip tip, it's a precisely measured top that screws in to cover the top of the coil to prevent juice from seeping in. Also make sure when you're screwing the top on that it's screwed on properly. I've noticed the threads catch in the wrong way very easily.

I've also found with prolonged use a verrrrry little amount of juice will begin to well up inside the top. I just knock this out on a piece of paper towel every time I refill. Other than that you shouldn't be getting any juice inside your top.

As for using with a LavaTube, I've found it pretty pointless. Anything above 3.9 on my LT just gives a terrible burnt taste (at least with my ADV and the other flavor I tried in them when I ran out of my ADV for a little while.) I don't know why after 3.9 it starts to taste bad on my LT because if I use it at 4.2 on my KSD it doesn't taste burnt or anything. But not being able to use it at higher voltages makes it moot for using on the LT and I just stick with eGo batteries with these stardusts.

Last edited:

jimbill

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 4, 2011
aurora,indiana
I was having burned taste and low vapor production after a week of use on my sd stardust and said just let me try and dry burn first before i pitch it and bam working like new! lol and taking the tank off is soo easy a cave man can do it.Just do this in the video Repairing L.L. LeakLess / CE4 atomizer GR

WolfeReign

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2011
Wolfe Paradise
Make sure you're actually screwing it in properly. Yes, SCREWING it in, it's not a drip tip, it's a precisely measured top that screws in to cover the top of the coil to prevent juice from seeping in. Also make sure when you're screwing the top on that it's screwed on properly. I've noticed the threads catch in the wrong way very easily.

You know i made mention of this in another thread, (the suppliers) and was told in said thread (from the supplier) that basically i was the one person living on the planet that could screw up a stardust as i did not know about screwing in the top like that........

second and this is purely my opinion after witnessing and dealing with what has been going on to this point (think it is time to blog off site with it all) but the SD use comes down to a good supplier who has the good quality SD's and a crap supplier who is selling the reject's all in a manner of trying to make a profit while looking ever so "humble"

Third and i have seen mixed reviews and comments....but on a ego battery are the SD LR's the way to go for them? or will they act the same as a normal SD?

therealcmac

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 6, 2011
Vancouver Island, BC Canada
www.youtube.com
You know i made mention of this in another thread, (the suppliers) and was told in said thread (from the supplier) that basically i was the one person living on the planet that could screw up a stardust as i did not know about screwing in the top like that........

second and this is purely my opinion after witnessing and dealing with what has been going on to this point (think it is time to blog off site with it all) but the SD use comes down to a good supplier who has the good quality SD's and a crap supplier who is selling the reject's all in a manner of trying to make a profit while looking ever so "humble"

Third and i have seen mixed reviews and comments....but on a ego battery are the SD LR's the way to go for them? or will they act the same as a normal SD?

Using LR dual coil cartos is hard on your ego type batteries and from what i understand it is not recommended. I am not sure where you are coming from with the "crap supplier" vs "good supplier" when it comes to the SD, they are all the same SD's made in the same factory. You seem to be having very bad luck with your batteries that is for sure. As far as LR SD's VS SR SD's the LR are going to always be better on an ego type battery. SR anything is meant to be used at a higher voltage which the ego type battery can not provide.

If you are feeling defeated with all the failing parts and feel it is your vendor, change vendors and see if you are happier, but dont give up! No one jumps into vaping and has it all figured out in the first week (not that this is your first week), hell i have been vaping for 7 months and i am still tweaking my set ups and learning new things every day. If you are tired of the little batts get a Lavatube....there, done, no more batts, it is all you need.

Last edited:

sunil

Moved On
Mar 11, 2012
GTA
Really only a very small difference on an ego battery between the LR and the SR stardust. Got all of mine from electrovapors and capitalnicfit both vendors get there SDs directly from the manufacturer visions. Please inform of where you picked up you bunk SDs so going to the bargain bin when they are back In stock doesn't leave me frustrated... PM is fine if you don't wish to share in the open for fear of being flamed by a cult. Cheers

ChellyNelly

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 26, 2011
Dartmouth, NS
I knew the drip tip screwed in, and the o-ring has been long gone since the first couple uses. Came off and I didn't notice until too late. But alas, it leaked juice into my mouth when tipping even when it had the o-ring. I'm using the SR version as I said, but I have upped the voltage on it to no avail. I dunno. Ah well. I think I should just go back to plain old Boge LRs and refilling all the time, seems like the best, most hassle free vape I can get.

sunil

Moved On
Mar 11, 2012
GTA
Stardust = the most hasslefree convenient atomizing unit hands down. If used properly I guess ...have not heard anyone with any issues until this thread. Maybe a bad batch ? Where you get yours from ??

I knew the drip tip screwed in, and the o-ring has been long gone since the first couple uses. Came off and I didn't notice until too late. But alas, it leaked juice into my mouth when tipping even when it had the o-ring. I'm using the SR version as I said, but I have upped the voltage on it to no avail. I dunno. Ah well. I think I should just go back to plain old Boge LRs and refilling all the time, seems like the best, most hassle free vape I can get.

Itzme1234

ECF Veteran
Sep 27, 2011
Midwest
After cleaning it, pull up the white silicone cap with a paper clip or something and dry burn it. Once you get the gunk off the coil, it'll work like new. Maybe you don't need to pull up the cap, but I prefer not having it that close to the coil when I dry burn.

That certainly sounds worth I'll try! Thanks! I'll re-post after I get a chance to do that.

Itzme1234

ECF Veteran
Sep 27, 2011
Midwest
After cleaning it, pull up the white silicone cap with a paper clip or something and dry burn it. Once you get the gunk off the coil, it'll work like new. Maybe you don't need to pull up the cap, but I prefer not having it that close to the coil when I dry burn.

That was good advice, thank you! I flushed it with my syringe using water and grain alcohol. I removed the white cap with tweezers and flushed again (from both sides). I'd love to hear your recommendations on how to dry burn. What I did was let it dry for an hour, blew it out and wiped it, then I pulsed the battery on it for a few seconds each time. I could see steam forming. After a few times doing that I started to smell a burnt smell, so I stopped. I wonder if I should have pulsed some more though.

I also gently scraped the coil and wick with the syringe and flushed it again. I could see some black specs flushing out.

I'd say its at 95% of new now. It was nice not to have to fool with taking it apart or finding new wicks. I also wonder how many times I'll be able to revive it like that, and if it'll need it again in less then a week this time. Time will tell I guess.

Maestro

ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2012
Windsor, Ontario
Look down the tube and dry burn it until you can see the coil glowing red. Just do short 2 or 3 second bursts. When you can see the coil glowing red, it's clean. Blow into it occasionally between bursts to blow the stuff off the coil. If you can't see the coil glowing red, then the coil is still covered with gunk.

Last edited:

albertbert

ECF Veteran
Oct 28, 2011
Canada
I haven't tried fluxomizors, I've found its pretty weak compared to extreme visions, and v510's if that helps.

I've had my stardust a few weeks now, and it felt like i was waiting for it to break in the whole time, and now it's time toss it, never got a good vape out of it. Never very good flavor, my adv tasted muted in it. Horrible vapor, i have to crank my LT to 5-5.5 to get anything decent out of it. Anyway, i'll try out a LR when i get a chance, hopefully it will work out better. SD's have so much potential to be awesome.

On the other hand, the v510 which i got at the same time is awesome. Same good vape as the extremes, with 0 dry hits. You still get the annoying, tip fills with juice, and you eventually get some in your mouth, but its an awesome vape. I'll probably just eventually save up a bunch of tips, so i can just switch them off when the juice starts to build up in em.

Itzme, dont worry about the burnt smell, i thought that was the wick burning too. It's just the gunk burning off the coils. I dry burned my sd at 5 volts, and pretty quickly the burnt smell went away, and coil lit up evenly. Like maestro says, do it in small bursts. If you let the coil get too hot it could pop. Once all the junk is all burnt off, clean it good again to get rid of all the ash, and you should be good to go. Can even dry burn it some more to dry it.

therealcmac

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 6, 2011
Vancouver Island, BC Canada
www.youtube.com
I haven't tried fluxomizors, I've found its pretty weak compared to extreme visions, and v510's if that helps.

I've had my stardust a few weeks now, and it felt like i was waiting for it to break in the whole time, and now it's time toss it, never got a good vape out of it. Never very good flavor, my adv tasted muted in it. Horrible vapor, i have to crank my LT to 5-5.5 to get anything decent out of it. Anyway, i'll try out a LR when i get a chance, hopefully it will work out better. SD's have so much potential to be awesome.

On the other hand, the v510 which i got at the same time is awesome. Same good vape as the extremes, with 0 dry hits. You still get the annoying, tip fills with juice, and you eventually get some in your mouth, but its an awesome vape. I'll probably just eventually save up a bunch of tips, so i can just switch them off when the juice starts to build up in em.

Itzme, dont worry about the burnt smell, i thought that was the wick burning too. It's just the gunk burning off the coils. I dry burned my sd at 5 volts, and pretty quickly the burnt smell went away, and coil lit up evenly. Like maestro says, do it in small bursts. If you let the coil get too hot it could pop. Once all the junk is all burnt off, clean it good again to get rid of all the ash, and you should be good to go. Can even dry burn it some more to dry it.

I hear alot of this, but i am VERY happy with my SD, I am going on 25 fills and loving it........give em to me if you dont want em brah :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread