• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

1 week using with the stardusts.........

Status
Not open for further replies.

X P3 Flight Engineer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 27, 2012
Moncton, N.B. Canada
Regarding dry burning, just to be clear... Is it Ok to dry burn a just-washed and wet stardust wick and coil? And then it's ok to use it?

Quick answer, "Yes, it's OK". I don't lift the cap. When it glows, you should be able to see each wrap of the coil. If it has a buildup it should show up and will require more attention after it cools.

I've had a couple on the go for 3 weeks (today) and find the ones using thicker darker liquid require more frequent cleaning. I use a syringe with a needle to "pressure wash" the wicks and coil.

They are very individual because they do not have solid soldered connections for the coil and the resistance varies. A VV would be good with these so that they can be "tuned" to where they produce best. I use them on 1100 pass-through battery and the flavor and vapor is probably 80% of a ce2. LR is probably better at this voltage.

I also find that the more I try to saturate or submerge the wick (again, this is just my set and my experience with it) the less it produces. Maybe mine is wicking faster than the coil can handle it. The wick, resistance, voltage, and liquid density all affect the result. I still haven't perfected the ce2 (or any other clearomizer) so there is still a lot of trial and error.

Enjoy!

X P3 Flight Engineer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 27, 2012
Moncton, N.B. Canada
Is mine SR? The specs read Volume: 1.5ml; Resistance: 2.5 - 2.9 ohms. If mine is SR, what are LR?

2.5 - 2.9 is SR. I believe LR is 2.0 - 2.5

Edit : Gotvapes says 2.5 - 2.8 SR and 2.2 - 2.5 LR

Edit 2 : Liberty Flights says 2.5 - 2.9 SR and 2.1 - 2.4 LR

Last edited:

FunkyVapes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2011
Niagara Falls, Canada
I know this thread is getting long and most of you guys have had great experiences with your Stardusts, but I just can't get mine to keep up with me. When I vape, I chain vape about a ml at a time, then pocket my device and repeat just about as often as somebody would have a smoke. When I'm out at the bar I'm constantly, and I do mean constantly puffing away, and if I do put it down, one of my friends will pick it up and steal a few hits to avoid going outside.

The problem I am having with the Stardust is that after about a five full second hit, the next drag is bone dry. I tilt it beforehand as well but It just isn't keeping up. I'm sure one of you Stardust pros could suggest something :D. I received it as a sample in one of my orders and it is a Standard resistance one, but if I can get this baby performing well I want to pick up some LR ones too.

So, tl;dr: how can I chain-vape this badboy?

Maestro

ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2012
Windsor, Ontario
I haven't had any wicking problems at all, but I don't chain vape it like you do. I also never have to pull a 5 second hit on it like I'd have to do with my Ego C atomizers. I hit 2 or 3 seconds and it damn near chokes me. Perhaps try putting a few drops of water into the tank when you fill it and see if a thinner juice helps. The hit I get is so strong that it feels like I'm getting some mist or juice along with the vapor. I've actually started thickening my juice with some VG when I fill a tank and that fixes it.

ChellyNelly

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 26, 2011
Dartmouth, NS
I know this thread is getting long and most of you guys have had great experiences with your Stardusts, but I just can't get mine to keep up with me. When I vape, I chain vape about a ml at a time, then pocket my device and repeat just about as often as somebody would have a smoke. When I'm out at the bar I'm constantly, and I do mean constantly puffing away, and if I do put it down, one of my friends will pick it up and steal a few hits to avoid going outside.

The problem I am having with the Stardust is that after about a five full second hit, the next drag is bone dry. I tilt it beforehand as well but It just isn't keeping up. I'm sure one of you Stardust pros could suggest something :D. I received it as a sample in one of my orders and it is a Standard resistance one, but if I can get this baby performing well I want to pick up some LR ones too.

I totally hear you and I have not found a solution, I've been trying to get the answer for a couple weeks. I'm thinking there isn't one and these just aren't all that great. It seems like the majority of people's first impressions were totally awesome and within a week they were very unhappy. I can say the first tank-full (aka about 10 minutes on these things) was great and since then it wicks like a turtle, the flavour sucks, and nothing has helped.

therealcmac

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 6, 2011
Vancouver Island, BC Canada
www.youtube.com
I totally hear you and I have not found a solution, I've been trying to get the answer for a couple weeks. I'm thinking there isn't one and these just aren't all that great. It seems like the majority of people's first impressions were totally awesome and within a week they were very unhappy. I can say the first tank-full (aka about 10 minutes on these things) was great and since then it wicks like a turtle, the flavour sucks, and nothing has helped.

Chelly! where you been?

Pipeous

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2011
Surrey, BC, Canada
www.madpro.ca
I actually have been checking mine for leaks. I am really surprised how much juice I go through with this thing cpmpared to the riva tank or the dct tank thing. I do use straight pg juice vape is decent. got juice in my mouth but probably condensation and tipping the dam thing up to make sure the wick is wet.

they are ok. no wicking problems though.

Bdbodger

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2011
North Vancouver BC Canada
I found some of the time it seemed to not work as well . I determined that it some of the time flooded or condensation rolled back onto the coil . What I did was blow into it to use air pressure to blow some of the juice or what ever off the coil and back into the tank part . The size of the tank is deceptive in that the centre air tube is bigger so it holds less juice than the width of it suggests . I have only been trying it for a few days though .

Toronto_Mike

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 2, 2011
Toronto, Canada
After using 2 of the Stardusts almost exclusively for the past 3 weeks, I am very satisfied with the performance. I've never experienced a wicking issue causing a dry hit, flooding causing garlgling or any tiny cracks. Mine have all broken in very quickly. I've used them with MLV's juice - 50/50. I've ordered a couple more of SR until the LR's are available at CV's. The only negative drawback I can say is what has been posted by many, is the muted flavour or taste after just a couple of hours.

siampumpkin

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Dec 17, 2011
I have been using them for a few days now. I have been heavily vaping two of them with different flavors. The first few tanks tend to mute the flavors but one they break in they are great. Like everyone says, easiest fill out there. Tough and not a drop leaks out. I am using on an Ego Mod tube with standard voltages and very happy. Just placed an order for one of each color with Health Cabin in 2 ohm. :evil:

X P3 Flight Engineer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 27, 2012
Moncton, N.B. Canada

It sounds like you are both saying basically the same thing. Last night I tried a tank of unflavored 70/30 @ 24mg and it slowly started vaping like new again. Not bad for a 3 week old clearomizer. I vaped until I gave myself a nic-headache and the first draws this morning nearly choked me, so, if you guys could try this for a couple tanks to help me experiment, it may help keep me from a nic-coma!

I actually have been checking mine for leaks. I am really surprised how much juice I go through with this thing cpmpared to the riva tank or the dct tank thing. I do use straight pg juice vape is decent. got juice in my mouth but probably condensation and tipping the dam thing up to make sure the wick is wet.

they are ok. no wicking problems though.

When they work well they do go through juice fast. I used to get condensation when I was taking quick puffs and not moving it away from my mouth on exhale. Used to have to wipe the battery terminal constantly. I don't seem to have any problem now. I'm liking it better and better.

I found some of the time it seemed to not work as well . I determined that it some of the time flooded or condensation rolled back onto the coil . What I did was blow into it to use air pressure to blow some of the juice or what ever off the coil and back into the tank part . The size of the tank is deceptive in that the centre air tube is bigger so it holds less juice than the width of it suggests . I have only been trying it for a few days though .

Since the bottom markings start at 0.3ml, the recommended fill line allows 1.3ml of juice. If you zeroed the scale, then 1.6ml would be just slightly above the wicks. Since they are advertised as 1.6ml, I assume they are talking about capacity and not the markings. Now that mine are wicking properly again I will fill them with 1.6.

So I'm thinking that thicker, darker juices (like my Juggy's Ry4) gradually slow the wick and that an occasional few tanks of unflavored (or just using thinner, clear juices) helps "remove the turtle". If anyone tries this, please let me know the result.

ChellyNelly

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 26, 2011
Dartmouth, NS
I've tried it even with 100% PG juice and still had wicking issues. Though, if I put it on top of 2 510 adapters it wicks a little better for some weird reason. But still not very good. I think I'm just going to go back to plain old Boge LRs because I'm sick of the hassle :(

Oh and mac, I was so sick for a long time there and when I got back to school I had a ton of catching up to do. I also was at my family's place, house/dog sitting for a week and a half, so couldn't get on the interwebz much. But I think I'm back!

X P3 Flight Engineer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 27, 2012
Moncton, N.B. Canada
ChellyNelly, Thanks for the quick reply. There doesn't seem to be one answer for all. I've read, tried, imagined, a lot of solutions. Mine seem to be working well now, and I am thankful for that! The fact that they are so convenient, leak-proof, and attractive makes it a double disappointment when they don't work well. And they're not heavy enough to make a good boat anchor when they don't work!

Maestro

ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2012
Windsor, Ontario
huh, I just killed one of mine. gave it a rinse, let it dry, then was dry burning in short bursts and now no more worky. good thing I had a spare carto in my laptop bag! always go to work with extra gear I guess the lesson is :)

Before you junk it, there's something you can try. I had a stardust die on me yesterday but it was hardly used so I checked it out today. I took it apart, put it on the battery and it started dry burning no problem. Huh! So I'm guessing the center post had shifted up and wasn't making contact with the battery. I put it back together and voila! Works great. I wonder how many of these were junked because of this. I know that when you re-assemble these, you have to have the tip in to set the post to the right spot so I suppose it's possible for the post to shift up and prevent contact due to the skirt. Note to self: only remove the tip when it's off the battery.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread