10 Reasons Why The Itaste VV 3 is My Recommendation as the Best Entry Level PV.

Status
Not open for further replies.

niczgreat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2009
Chino California
Today a friend of mine who knows that my hobby is ecigs asked me to recommend a ecig to him to buy as a gift to
his friend who wants to quit smoking. It took me exactly 2 seconds to say Itaste VV 3.

I just bought one as a back up unit. Alright to tell the truth I bought it because I was curious about it. Also I'm constantly being asked what is a good beginners PV and even though my favorite is the Itaste MVP. The Itaste MVP is off putting due to price and form factor concerns. I don't feel comfortable recommending a product unless I've tried it. So I spent a whopping $30.00 for a Itaste VV 3 [Pv Only]

So you might ask why with the plethora of devices available did I recommend this one.

10 Reasons Why The Itaste VV 3 is my beginners PV of Choice

1. Safety- I'd never want to recommend a APV to someone that I felt might be unsafe. The Itaste VV3 has an internal charging unit and when the APV is charged. It turns off. I've never heard of an Itaste product not turning off ,so I feel that if left unattended , the possibility of overcharging and crash an burn is almost nil. In contrast to the Ego, I don't trust those cheap Ego Chargers. or the cheap standalone chargers that end in fire. Another safety feature confirmed by the PBusardo short circuit box is that it has short circuit protection.

2. Battery Life - I Vaped constantly on it today 4.1V with a 2.1Ohm Innokin I30S Clearomizer and it lasted 10 hours. I tried to use the puff counter and push button for 10 seconds but kept forgetting, so I'm not sure of exactly how many minutes it fired. The Battery life of the Itaste VV3 due to superior technology left the Ego in the dust. The 1100 mah version never lasted me more than 6 hours.

3. Form Factor- Newbies want something small, the Itaste is around the size of an Ego and not intimidating like the Tube Rocket Pseudo Pnis shaped APV. It's square which means that it doesn't roll.

4. Pass Through Capability- The Itaste has the ability to be vaped while it's charging. So if you have a long USB cable then you don't have to stop vaping while charging. The benefit is that the initial investment is low and if you have a long Micro USB Cable then you can make do with just 1 unit. With an Ego you need to have two units. 1 recharging and 1 for vaping.

5. Vape Quality- I watched PBusardo's review. On a Oscilloscope the current is rock solid stable. That means that you will receive a Provari quality vaping experience for a pittance. As compared to the Ego's which are inferior because they use PWM and the electronics don't regulate the voltage well, especially at the higher settings.Quite simply the Ego uses less sophisticated electronics.

6. VV It's a VV and VW which means the user can adjust the voltage to their preference. Also the voltage is mantained to the end. With non VV devices, they begin with a hotter vape and end with a cooler one.

7. Price Point around $30.00 for just the unit and with charger and 5 Iclear 16 $50.00 . This is a very reasonable entry point. Just buy Juice and you are off and running

8.Carto/Atty/Clearo Flexibility- It accetps Both 510 and Ego [Native Ego Threading]. It will accept virtually any standard Carto/Atty/Clearo in the market

2. Simplicity- The Itaste has a built in battery and accepts any standard USB cable. So no battery or charger decisions. The menu system is really easy. A granny could read the 5 sentence menu and figure out how to use it.

10. Value- This is the little engine that could. The feel the heft, the advanced electronics including VW. The quality of the vape the features. It's just a plain excellent value.

Last edited:

p.opus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2010
Coral Springs FL
My sentiments exactly.

My primary vape, secondary vape and tertiary vape are all vv3's.

I bought one, thinking I would replace my two eGo-T fixed voltage batteries before they went on sale for 49.99 for just the battery only. Although I paid 2/3 more than I did for my other two, I don't think myself to be ripped off. I love the USB passthrough for being able to top off at my desk or home.

I bought the other 2 on ebay for $30.00 each and they are stellar. I have the white, chameleon, and black. I bought three so that I could limit the recharge cycles on each one. Since I only now have to recharge each one about every third day, I have nearly 3 years worth of batteries and even longer if I don't discharge each one fully by the end of the day.

These are simply amazing devices, they have an unbelievable form factor, and a superb vape at a very reasonable price.

WarHawk-AVG

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2013
H-Town
OK, so it's like a pearl paint job on a car. I was really hoping that it changed color depending on its mood. Darn!
Only way to have Thermochromic paint is to do a full bore custom paint job..aka, stripping it down. repainting it, then reassembly

91FaipxA9sL._SL1500_.jpg

Last edited:

niczgreat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2009
Chino California
From what I've been able to gather and see in person, the chameleon color scheme IS in fact black, but with a multitude of rather pretty multicolor sparkly bits. I like it.
I second that. Basically from more than 3 feet away it appears black. Close up you can see some gold sparkles. And if you look really closely you can see some silver mixed in. But for all intensive purposes it appears like a black unit.

niczgreat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2009
Chino California
My sentiments exactly.

My primary vape, secondary vape and tertiary vape are all vv3's.

I bought one, thinking I would replace my two eGo-T fixed voltage batteries before they went on sale for 49.99 for just the battery only. Although I paid 2/3 more than I did for my other two, I don't think myself to be ripped off. I love the USB passthrough for being able to top off at my desk or home.

I bought the other 2 on ebay for $30.00 each and they are stellar. I have the white, chameleon, and black. I bought three so that I could limit the recharge cycles on each one. Since I only now have to recharge each one about every third day, I have nearly 3 years worth of batteries and even longer if I don't discharge each one fully by the end of the day.

These are simply amazing devices, they have an unbelievable form factor, and a superb vape at a very reasonable price.
You get what you pay for and sometimes more. With the longer battery life, and the pass through capability, superior electronics. The ego just doesn't hold a candle to this unit.

niczgreat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2009
Chino California
Baby Steps,
I disqualified the MVP because many newbies are intimidated by the box shape and the larger form factor.

Also the VV3 Hits the magical price point of under $50.00 even at the vape shops. While the MVP at Brick and Mortar Stores is generally around $65.00 . Since the Newbie is trying it out, they are more sensitive about price.

The VV3 is comparable in size to an EGO. Luckily I was in a vape shop today and had the opportunity to photograph it next to 3 different egos. It was just a hair taller than the 650mah and smaller then the 900 MAH

Far Left Ego 1000// Ego 900mah/ Itaste VV3 // Far Right Ego 650Mah
View attachment 281253

spaceballsrules

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2011
North Carolina, USA
Baby Steps,
I disqualified the MVP because many newbies are intimidated by the box shape and the larger form factor.

Also the VV3 Hits the magical price point of under $50.00 even at the vape shops. While the MVP at Brick and Mortar Stores is generally around $65.00 . Since the Newbie is trying it out, they are more sensitive about price.

The VV3 is comparable in size to an EGO. Luckily I was in a vape shop today and had the opportunity to photograph it next to 3 different egos. It was just a hair taller than the 650mah and smaller then the 900 MAH

Far Left Ego 1000// Ego 900mah/ Itaste VV3 // Far Right Ego 650Mah
View attachment 281253

I had not looked at the actual dimensions of the VV3, so I am quite surprised that despite having an LCD screen and buttons, it still comes out smaller than an eGo Twist 900mah. I toggle between 650 and 900mah Twists, so the 800mah VV3 would fit in beautifully. Next time one of my Twists dies on me, I am getting a VV3. /story

p.opus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2010
Coral Springs FL
10 good reasons, but if you are a heavy vapor buy two of them and always keep one charged. The next step up is the Innokin MVP-2. All the same features but a much larger battery and only $10.00 more.

Everything you said is true except for several things, which have kept me from getting an MVP-2.

- Form Factor: I love the vv3's form factor. The MVP is heavier in the hand and in your pocket. Not uncomfortably so, but heavier none the less.
- Variable Wattage: The MVP 2's fire a little hot in VW mode. It's not a big deal, after all, it's just a number, but all the same, it still fires hot and you need to keep that in mind.
- Button Throw: I saw the PBusardo review of the MVP 2 and he complained quite a bit about the fire button throw. I've heard this has been corrected, but I have held off buying this because of the perceived stiff button throw.
- Already invested in three vv3's. If I had a single vv3 and MVP2 that would be ideal. Since I already have three vv3's, buying an MVP at this point seems like overkill.

Last edited:

niczgreat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2009
Chino California
Everything you said is true except for several things, which have kept me from getting an MVP-2.

- Form Factor: I love the vv3's form factor. The MVP is heavier in the hand and in your pocket. Not uncomfortably so, but heavier none the less.
- Variable Wattage: The MVP 2's fire a little hot in VW mode. It's not a big deal, after all, it's just a number, but all the same, it still fires hot and you need to keep that in mind.
- Button Throw: I saw the PBusardo review of the MVP 2 and he complained quite a bit about the fire button throw. I've heard this has been corrected, but I have held off buying this because of the perceived stiff button throw.
- Already invested in three vv3's. If I had a single vv3 and MVP2 that would be ideal. Since I already have three vv3's, buying an MVP at this point seems like overkill.

I have the MVP V1 and I was a little disappointed in Inokin for changing the MVP 2 too much.

I loved the recessed fire button and never had a misfire. The only area that the APV was lacking was the absence of a Ohm meter. I felt that they didn't need to add the VW to the V2 why make a simple product more complicated.

I spoke with a Vape Shop about the old and new button, they told me that they had a higher number of defective buttons on the V1 so the new button on V2 is correcting a weak spot.

I never had a bit of problem finding the button on the V1. When you vape regularly you just know where the button is and don't need to feel for it.

I tried the button on the V2 and I'm in agreement that it's too stiff. Inokin has a history of improving products before making the official revision. I wouldn't be surprised if they have fixed this. For example the MVP V1 initially didn't have native Ego threading and had a tendency for the micro USB to become loose. Innokin quietly fixed these problems.

I like it that they innovate on the go.!

Last edited:

p.opus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2010
Coral Springs FL
I'm such a hypocrite I just get done posting why I don't want an MVP 2 and then someone posted this link and I had to have this....

MVP 2.0 power series.jpg

Itaste MVP 2 0 Energy Line iClear 16 Kit Brand New from Innokin Free Shipping | eBay

I got the Frost one (Far right). I'm not a fan of the Iclear clearomizers (plastic tank, plastic threading) so that thing will be in my backup drawer as a tank of last resort...

But....This is so cool. I guess my vv3's are for out and about and backups now....

tonyorion

ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2010
Michigan
I have two, and they are nifty units...............................for being out and about. I like the Innokin products and have an MVP-2 as well as the SVD. The passthrough is very convenient when driving.

Over the 3+ years of vaping, I have gone through a whole bunch of Li Ion batteries. LiIon's simply cannot be recharged an infinite number of times. Low number could be 300 times. There are lots of studies out there to confirm this. I have not seen any on what happens to battery life when it is continuously charged in pass through mode.

The form factor, functions, etc. make it great for carrying it with you and driving. As an ADV for a chain vaper when at home/office, I don't think so.

I am willing to contend with the risk of reduced battery life for the convenience of the unit. Units like the Evic which uses standard 18650's put the USB charge port in an ungodly inconvenient place. On the other hand, if the trickle charge kills the battery quicker, it's only a $10 battery.

piggy

ECF Veteran
Mar 5, 2013
New York
I really am liking the itaste vv3, but here are some things I'm not so crazy about:

-The 510 threads are complete garbage. One small fall with a nimbus clone totally stripped the 510 threads. I can only use the ego threads now until I find a supplier that carries an ego to 510/ego adapter.

-Passthrough vaping is still off the battery, not the power coming from the USB plug so it won't work as a passthrough on very low battery.

-You don't know when it's done charging because the green light stays on even after fully charged. The only way to check is to turn the device on and check the battery charge manually.

In general though, I feel that electronics is as good or better than most other Chinese companies.

With all the cons I still love it and would buy another, except I would use an adapter from the get go for the 510 deliveries.

p.opus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2010
Coral Springs FL
-You don't know when it's done charging because the green light stays on even after fully charged. The only way to check is to turn the device on and check the battery charge manually..

This is incorrect. As the battery charges, the button will indicate the color that the current charge is. Yellow at about 3.6 volts turning to green at 3.7 volts and higher. As soon as the battery is fully charged, the unit will stop charging and the button light will extinquish.

You might have had a battery indicate 4.2 V (which is full charge) but it is not yet fully charged.

Leave your battery charging overnight and you'll wake up with the light fire button light off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread