Innokin iTaste VV/VW V3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
The iTaste VV 10S only has 510 threading but not many places even carry those. The iTaste VV 3.0 comes with both 510 and eGo threading.

Is this the only difference between the two? Are they both version 3? Also, the iClear 10s (square) is this an old model or a new one?

I'm thinking of picking up an iTaste v3 with the pen cap, for when I'm out and about.

dragonbone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2009
Somewhere
OK, mine just died :(. At first I thought the i10 had died and checked it on another battery - no problem. Then I thought that the battery was flat, charged fully once - nothing. Twice - nothing. The lights work, but there is no activation of the clearomizer. Tried other clearomizers, nothing. Tried to screw the center pin up, still nothing. Cleaned the threads, etc. nothing. No hard falls or anything like that. It worked one minute, then didn't.

Any ideas?

dragonbone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2009
Somewhere
Is this the only difference between the two? Are they both version 3? Also, the iClear 10s (square) is this an old model or a new one?

I'm thinking of picking up an iTaste v3 with the pen cap, for when I'm out and about.

The pen cap for the old iTaste is shorter, so will not work with the i10's.

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
Dragonbone, with a topper on it, when you press both + and - buttons together, does it read a resistance, or show "non"? If the later, it's not making a connection to the clearo.

You might also try turning it off - 3 click - and wait a bit, a minute or so, for the internal capacitance to bleed off, then turn it back on. Maybe a reset will work...

I have at least one evod that I need an adapter to make contact, although most devices work fine without.

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
It will say non when no clearo is attached, so for some reason it's not seeing any device on top. I know you've wiggled the post, but maybe try that again. Make sure it's off, then use the end of a thin paper clip, or something small and stiff, but rigid, and work in a circle around the post, so you rock gently up from all 4 sides. One mm of movement may be all you need.

I have one evod that won't connect to my VV3, although it works fine on Spinners, MVP and SVD. But it's fine if I put a 510 extender or 510 to Ego adapter on first. Go figure!

Hope that's all it is!

Pinggolfer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2013
The Clemson Tigers State
Hi David, thanks for the reply. Tried your suggestion. It says 'NON'. I did the off and on thing, but no change. I wonder what happened to it :(.

I have used a small pen knife and wiggled the firing pin up a bit and usually problem solved. Important that you hand tighten the clearo and not over tighten it.

vdaedalus

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2013
Ottawa, Canada
Just got one of these this morning, thought it had a scratched screen, but thankfully it was just a protective film on the screen (guess it did its job). Anyone know if the body of the device has a similar film on it? It feels slightly soft, but I don't want to start picking at the edges if there's no film and I'm just going to scratch it. It's the 'pearl chrome' model if that matters.

John10

Dec 17, 2013
Toronto
If that doesn't fix the issue you may have torqued down your juice delivery devices too hard and pushed the positive pin down too far on your iTaste VV 3.0s. This can push the positive post down to the point where it won't make contact. If that has happened use a small eyeglass screwdriver to gently leverage the center post up just a millimeter or so. In the future, just gently snug your juice delivery devices down. Over tightening with any PV is never a good idea.

Thanks for this peraspera.

I screwed and RSST to my iTaste vv and unknowingly pushed the center pin down too far. The battery stopped working for anything other than the RSST. I used, as you said, an eyeglass screwdriver to prop up the center pin just a couple of mm and bam, the thing was working again.

Sorry in advance for the necrobump....didnt want to start new thread for a simple noob question.

I just got my itaste vv in the mail...works great!! :vapor: Does anyone know for certain if it can be charged via battery connection like a typical ego? Just curious, have NOT attempted this, so please save the "you're a danger to yourself and others noob!!!" comments please :)

Its that time of day on the east coast...happy vaping :toast:

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
Sorry in advance for the necrobump....didnt want to start new thread for a simple noob question.

I just got my itaste vv in the mail...works great!! :vapor: Does anyone know for certain if it can be charged via battery connection like a typical ego? Just curious, have NOT attempted this, so please save the "you're a danger to yourself and others noob!!!" comments please :)

Its that time of day on the east coast...happy vaping :toast:

NO!! That will destroy the battery and maybe the charger. Charge ONLY via the bottom micro USB cable. That's where the internal charger is, the other end is ONLY OUTPUT to a coil.

It's easy to think that it ought to work, since that's how eGo's, Twists and such charge, but they are totally different inside - the VV3 charger is in the tube, not external.

Good to ask when you're not sure. How else do you find out? :toast:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread