10 Reasons Why The Itaste VV 3 is My Recommendation as the Best Entry Level PV.

Status
Not open for further replies.

piggy

ECF Veteran
Mar 5, 2013
New York
This is incorrect. As the battery charges, the button will indicate the color that the current charge is. Yellow at about 3.6 volts turning to green at 3.7 volts and higher. As soon as the battery is fully charged, the unit will stop charging and the button light will extinquish.

You might have had a battery indicate 4.2 V (which is full charge) but it is not yet fully charged.

Leave your battery charging overnight and you'll wake up with the light fire button light off.

The green light on mine doesn't go off even after charging for over 3 hours!! yet it shows 4.2 in about 2 hours. Either mine is faulty or the minimal charge between 4.2 volts and full is just plain messed up. I haven't charged it overnight, but it shouldn't take over an hour to reach full charge from 4.2 volts. And besides, an overnight charge on a 850 mah battery is ridiculous in itself.

p.opus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2010
Coral Springs FL
The green light on mine doesn't go off even after charging for over 3 hours!! yet it shows 4.2 in about 2 hours. Either mine is faulty or the minimal charge between 4.2 volts and full is just plain messed up. I haven't charged it overnight, but it shouldn't take over an hour to reach full charge from 4.2 volts. And besides, an overnight charge on a 850 mah battery is ridiculous in itself.

Sorry you are wrong....See the following charge profile

Charging Lithium-Ion Batteries

Charging a Li-Ion battery consists of two phases. The first is constant current phase. Current stays constant while the battery quickly rises to it's peak voltage per cell of 4.2 volts. Once this is done, the battery enters saturation phase in which volts per cell remains constant but the charge current decreases until it is less than 3% or the rated current. At this point the battery is considered fully charged.

As you can see, the ouput voltage of the battery reads 4.2 volts for nearly 60% to 70% of it's charge cycle.

Mine cuts off automatically after about 4 hours. Trust me.

Last edited:

piggy

ECF Veteran
Mar 5, 2013
New York
Most ecig batteries and removable battery intelli chargers cut off between 2-3 hours on similar batteries, at least all the ones I own. A 4 hour saturation charge seems a bit of an overkill, and according to the engineer's report you reference might even shorten the life of the battery.

In any case I will try charging 4+ hours and see what happens.

niczgreat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2009
Chino California
I really am liking the itaste vv3, but here are some things I'm not so crazy about:

-The 510 threads are complete garbage. One small fall with a nimbus clone totally stripped the 510 threads. I can only use the ego threads now until I find a supplier that carries an ego to 510/ego adapter.

-Passthrough vaping is still off the battery, not the power coming from the USB plug so it won't work as a passthrough on very low battery.

-You don't know when it's done charging because the green light stays on even after fully charged. The only way to check is to turn the device on and check the battery charge manually.

In general though, I feel that electronics is as good or better than most other Chinese companies.

With all the cons I still love it and would buy another, except I would use an adapter from the get go for the 510 deliveries.

I've dropped it 4 times on to carpet with a Iclear 30S attached and not had an issue. The Nimubus clone is pretty heavy.

Pass Through Vaping through the battery is pretty standard. I'm not aware of any Battery Powered electronic device that has a separate setting for pass through and Charging. It would be a great feature specially on a Cel phone. I felt the same way yesterday when my $500.00 Iphone was completely discharged and took 10 minutes of charging before it allowed me to use it.

I haven't paid attention to how long it took to charge. For me if I can use it as a pass through while charging and with the reasonable battery life it really isn't an issue.

No APV is perfect, I would suggest that you stop using it once it turns Orange or Red, I found a short window between Orange and Flashing Red. In addition it might be a good idea if you didn't drop it with a heavy RBA on it.

Last edited:

erikbal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2013
Olean, NY
I have the MVP V1 and I was a little disappointed in Inokin for changing the MVP 2 too much.

I loved the recessed fire button and never had a misfire. The only area that the APV was lacking was the absence of a Ohm meter. I felt that they didn't need to add the VW to the V2 why make a simple product more complicated.

I spoke with a Vape Shop about the old and new button, they told me that they had a higher number of defective buttons on the V1 so the new button on V2 is correcting a weak spot.

I never had a bit of problem finding the button on the V1. When you vape regularly you just know where the button is and don't need to feel for it.

I tried the button on the V2 and I'm in agreement that it's too stiff. Inokin has a history of improving products before making the official revision. I wouldn't be surprised if they have fixed this. For example the MVP V1 initially didn't have native Ego threading and had a tendency for the micro USB to become loose. Innokin quietly fixed these problems.

I like it that they innovate on the go.!

I just received an MVP2 last friday and the button seems to have been corrected. I don't find it too stiff at all. Also the switch on the bottom seems to have been fixed because mine is flush and there is no wobble at all. My friend just got one the same day I did and his button is flush as well, so I'm assuming they've addressed this issue.

To the OP, your list is the exact reason I have the vv v3 on my Christmas list. I love the MVP2 and think that something smaller with the same features would be ideal for taking out and about with me. You have definitely reassured me that I will be happy with it!

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk

p.opus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2010
Coral Springs FL
I just got my mvp 2 (energy version...Frost) in the mail today. The switch on the bottom is flush, so it stands without wobble, and the fire switch is not "terrible" but definitely a little stiffer.

It also appears that they may have made VW a little better. I set the unit at 6.5 watts and it vapes the same as my VV3. But without pbusardo's gear, I cant verify and I'm not sure my taste is that well calibrated.

Based on the weight of the MVP2, I'm pretty sure I don't want the VTR. the MVP is heavy enough for me.

Last edited:

erikbal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2013
Olean, NY
I just got my mvp 2 (energy version...Frost) in the mail today. The switch on the bottom is flush, so it stands without wobble, and the fire switch is not "terrible" but definitely a little stiffer.

It also appears that they may have made VW a little better. I set the unit at 6.5 watts and it vapes the same as my VV3. But without pbusardo's gear, I cant verify and I'm not sure my taste is that well calibrated.

Based on the weight of the MVP2, I'm pretty sure I don't want the VTR. the MVP is heavy enough for me.

I was very pleasantly surprised when I got mine and the switch was flush with no wobble. That was something I was expecting when I got it but was very pleased to see that it's been corrected. I thought maybe I just got lucky with mine but a friend got his the same day I did from the same vendor (101vape) and his doesn't have the wobble issue either.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk

p.opus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2010
Coral Springs FL
I have a VV and love it, but I wouldn't say price is an advantage over the MVP. The VV can be had for $30 for the APV alone and the MVP can be had for $40 with 1-iClear30 or 2-iClear16s. So if you subtract the cost of the clearos, both APVs are about $30.

Not a big fan of the clearo's they are currently backups to my backups of my backups. But the MVP does give you more bang, or should I say vape, for your buck...

However, the vv3, IMHO, is a bit more comfortable to use, and is a great out and about vape. I use the vv3's for work and when I'm out in town. I use the MVP 2 at home and when I'm out of town...(Love the ability to charge my phone in a pinch...)

Also, I don't consider the MVP as entry level. The vv3 I feel will appeal much more to newbies who are just starting vaping or moving from cig-a-likes and standard eGo fixed voltage batteries. Once you own a VV3 and want more vape time, you'll do like I did and get an MVP or other APV as well.

Last edited:

niczgreat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2009
Chino California
MVP Kit Vs Itaste vv3 Kit for beginners.
The MSRP of the MVP is $69.99
The MSRP of the VV3 is $49.99

The retailers that are following Inokin MSRP are selling the VV3 $20.00 to $30.00 less which is a significant difference.

But the main factor is that the MVP is Box Shaped, Bigger, Bulkier. Me and I'm sure many others don't mind. But many especially women [Not All] just aren't ready to vape on a APV that deviates too much from a Cigarette shape. Not to stereotype but many Woman like the smaller and/or more feminine units.

Price is a factor but form factor is the biggest reason why I've chosen the VV3 as the best APV recommendation to a beginner over the MVP.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread