Status
Not open for further replies.

peraspera

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 2, 2012
midwest
Use the VW mode to start with. The first time you use your iTaste VV 3.0 start at 6 watts and vape. Move up the power in .5 watt increments and vape. The warmth of the vape will increase as well as the amount of vapor produced as you increase the watts. The taste will change as well with some flavors doing best at low power and some at higher power. Any power setting that you happen to like between no vapor and burnt is just fine.

Once you choose your favorite power level the VW mode will automatically adjust the vape to that exact warmth irrespective of the oHms of the head you are using in your juice delivery device. This is particularly handy as the oHms stamped on the head is very commonly off by ±.2 oHms and sometimes more which can sometimes make a noticeable difference in the taste of the vape.

In VV mode you can also adjust the warmth of your vape but VV does not do the oHms math for you. If you forget to adjust the settings for the oHms you can get a burnt taste, pop a coil or get very little vapor production depending on whether it is set too low or too high.

Pinggolfer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2013
The Clemson Tigers State
Use the VW mode to start with. The first time you use your iTaste VV 3.0 start at 6 watts and vape. Move up the power in .5 watt increments and vape. The warmth of the vape will increase as well as the amount of vapor produced as you increase the watts. The taste will change as well with some flavors doing best at low power and some at higher power. Any power setting that you happen to like between no vapor and burnt is just fine.

Once you choose your favorite power level the VW mode will automatically adjust the vape to that exact warmth irrespective of the oHms of the head you are using in your juice delivery device. This is particularly handy as the oHms stamped on the head is very commonly off by ±.2 oHms and sometimes more which can sometimes make a noticeable difference in the taste of the vape.

In VV mode you can also adjust the warmth of your vape but VV does not do the oHms math for you. If you forget to adjust the settings for the oHms you can get a burnt taste, pop a coil or get very little vapor production depending on whether it is set too low or too high.

Thankyou so much for making this process so understandable and logical. I'll experiment with the wattage until I find the best tasting vapor and know the voltage is perfect for my coil. Amazing how it will adjust when it reads the ohms of the coil. I will take your advice and start at 6 watts and go from there.

Petej

ECF Veteran
Apr 30, 2012
Bellingham, WA
I got mine today! It does support eGo threaded devices with NO issues. :) Currently have my Kanger Protank on it with the trim ring underneath.

So far I'm impressed with the unit. It's my VW capable device, so I'm still learning about VW. I have put my Chobra on it. Looks good, especially with the Kanger trim ring. Since I don't run under 1.5ohms of resistance, it does just fine.

The iClear 16.... Not so impressive. Have I mention I don't really like "stardust" type Top coil clearos all that much? I do run nearly 100% VG juices, so that might be why I'm not impressed by it. Otherwise, the iClear 16 isn't too bad, just doesn't keep up with chain vaping...

NoBS

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 10, 2013
Oregon, USA
The $25 iTaste VV at Fast Tech is the old model not the new version 3.0. Sorry, but I don't know who has the best U.S. price.

Folks who ordered since mid August have reported getting V3.0 exclusively.
Confirmed by Tech support, if it was not for only the white option, I'd have multiple battery orders.
Same goes with the MPV, They have been shipping the MVP2; they're just not fast on item version updates.

If not, I kept a copy of a Tech Support reply confirmation of the new version and will just Return.

I can vouch for their easy RMA process, if you don't mind credit, they'll deposit shipping before they even receive the item @ the Florida center. 2 days after I verified receipt of return I was credited, YMMV.

NoBS

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 10, 2013
Oregon, USA
My iTaste VV came from fasttech and it is the V3 version?
Was the question mark at the end because it was not a version 3?
If so, when did you order the itaste and more importantly (for us any way) when did they pull it from stock?

Not a slam on you, just trying to clearify if some folks are still getting the version 2...

Pinggolfer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2013
The Clemson Tigers State
Today I received my iTaste vv/vw 3.0 from GotVape along with a iClear 16 clearomizer. First of all it was nicely packaged and it took 2 days to receive. Sorry can't wait a month from Fasttech and find out it's a doa.

I'm new to vv/vw as this is my first go at it. This is what is confusing to me. If this sounds stupid so be it. I use the Kanger ProTank Mini 2's to vape with. I have 1.8 ohm, 2.2 ohm. and several 2.5 ohm coils. Bought a bunch of them when I purchased the Mini ProTanks.

The iTaste arrived with almost a fully charged battery so I took out the manual and played around with it. The book reads to set the voltage press the (-) button and hold in the fire button for 2 seconds the screen will show the puff count first then the last setting used in voltage or wattage. Voltage then can be set by pressing the + or - button to desired voltage. To set the wattage it's just the opposite by pressing the (+) key and fire button.

Now for my stupidity. If I'm using lets say a 2.2 ohm coil in my Mini and I adjust the wattage to lets say 7 watts does the voltage automatically adjust to the watts or do I need to adjust the voltage as well?

Next if my other Mini has a 2.5 ohm coil in it and I screw it on and adjust the wattage for the best flavor will I need to change the voltage?

Finally if I change from one mini to the other does the iTaste know the ohms are different and adjust to the settings I used previously?

Thanks to anyone who can make sense of my post.

Fullknight

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 1, 2012
Oklahoma
Today I received my iTaste vv/vw 3.0 from GotVape along with a iClear 16 clearomizer. First of all it was nicely packaged and it took 2 days to receive. Sorry can't wait a month from Fasttech and find out it's a doa.

I'm new to vv/vw as this is my first go at it. This is what is confusing to me. If this sounds stupid so be it. I use the Kanger ProTank Mini 2's to vape with. I have 1.8 ohm, 2.2 ohm. and several 2.5 ohm coils. Bought a bunch of them when I purchased the Mini ProTanks.

The iTaste arrived with almost a fully charged battery so I took out the manual and played around with it. The book reads to set the voltage press the (-) button and hold in the fire button for 2 seconds the screen will show the puff count first then the last setting used in voltage or wattage. Voltage then can be set by pressing the + or - button to desired voltage. To set the wattage it's just the opposite by pressing the (+) key and fire button.

Now for my stupidity. If I'm using lets say a 2.2 ohm coil in my Mini and I adjust the wattage to lets say 7 watts does the voltage automatically adjust to the watts or do I need to adjust the voltage as well?

Next if my other Mini has a 2.5 ohm coil in it and I screw it on and adjust the wattage for the best flavor will I need to change the voltage?

Finally if I change from one mini to the other does the iTaste know the ohms are different and adjust to the settings I used previously?

If you use the watt setting the itaste will automatically adjust the volt setting.

Pinggolfer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2013
The Clemson Tigers State
If you use the watt setting the itaste will automatically adjust the volt setting.

Well that made it all simple. Funny thing I'm using a 2.2 ohm coil and by pressing both buttons at the same time it show 2.4 ohms. I know coils can be higher or lower.

Here it is in Pearl Chrome. iTaste.jpg

peraspera

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 2, 2012
midwest
...I'm new to vv/vw as this is my first go at it. This is what is confusing to me. If this sounds stupid so be it. I use the Kanger ProTank Mini 2's to vape with. I have 1.8 ohm, 2.2 ohm. and several 2.5 ohm coils. Bought a bunch of them when I purchased the Mini ProTanks.

First, make sure that your iTaste VV 3.0 is set to VW Mode. Press and hold down the "+" button. Then press and hold down the power button for two seconds.

Put on one of your juice delivery devices. Press the "+" or "-" button and once the puff counter changes to the power display press the "+" or "-" button to change the power settings.

For the first time using the iTaste VV 3.0 with a new juice it's probably a good idea to turn it down to 6 watts as some juices can taste icky at higher power. Adjust the power to what you prefer. The VV mode is irrelevant if you are using VW mode and vice-versa so don't change modes from VW to VV.

After that (while still in VW mode) when you change juice delivery devices with different oHms the iTaste VV 3.0 will calculate the power needed for the oHms to produce the same warmth of vape as your previous juice delivery device with different oHms. For example, your 1.8, 2.4 and 2.5 Pro Tank heads will all produce the same warmth of vape.

If you change to VV mode you will need to manually change the voltage to go with the oHms of the juice delivery device you are using. The iTaste VV 3.0 will not calculate the oHms and adjust the power accordingly.

peraspera

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 2, 2012
midwest
Well that made it all simple. Funny thing I'm using a 2.2 ohm coil and by pressing both buttons at the same time it show 2.4 ohms. I know coils can be higher or lower.

Coils are typically ±.2 oHms from what is stamped on them and sometimes more. I've had a few off by .6 oHms. It's nice that VW takes this annoying variable off the table as something for which one needs to make manual adjustments.

Nailz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jun 6, 2013
    Wichita, KS
    Was the question mark at the end because it was not a version 3?
    If so, when did you order the itaste and more importantly (for us any way) when did they pull it from stock?

Not a slam on you, just trying to clearify if some folks are still getting the version 2...

The question mark was just saying confused at saying iTastes from FT are V2's. because mine is the V3, I ordered mine on the 8/31 and got it on the 9/13

Pinggolfer

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 28, 2013
    The Clemson Tigers State
    Coils are typically ±.2 oHms from what is stamped on them and sometimes more. I've had a few off by .6 oHms. It's nice that VW takes this annoying variable off the table as something for which one needs to make manual adjustments.

I think I got it now. Using VW only and not worrying about voltage. I must say this is a nice piece of equipment. 128 puffs since I gave it a full charge. Make that 129 puffs.

NoBS

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 10, 2013
    Oregon, USA
    The question mark was just saying confused at saying iTastes from FT are V2's. because mine is the V3, I ordered mine on the 8/31 and got it on the 9/13
    Good to know they are still shipping V3 and have not pulled a fast one...
    The lack of item description's from revision changes from FastTech's is at a minimum confusing, down right incompetent is more accurate.
    Things really are different in China, this is the norm from my experiance...

Burnie

The Bug Man
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 1, 2009
    Sunny Florida
    My order just shipped yesterday. It says V3.0, the description is V3.0, but the picture is V2.

#1. SKU 1363600 - iTaste VV V3.0 Variable Voltage / Wattage 800mAh Rechargeable Battery
    $24.80 iTaste VV V3.0 Variable Voltage / Wattage 800mAh Rechargeable Battery - w/ USB charging cable at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping
    #2. SKU 1366504 - V3 RDA Rebuildable Dripping Atomizer
    $3.81 V3 RDA Rebuildable Dripping Atomizer - 2.5ohm / detachable at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping
    #3. SKU 1346104 - M4 RDA Rebuildable Dripping Atomizer
    $3.97 M4 RDA Rebuildable Dripping Atomizer - silver at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

Now for the LONG WAIT. But it is just another in my vast collection, so no big deal.

Vape On
    :vapor:

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread