Status
Not open for further replies.

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
You need to read the post I was responding to. The question was about charging via the topper connection. THAT will destroy the battery and maybe the charger.

Using the supplied (or replacement) micro usb cable, plugged into the BOTTOM of the VV3 and attached to a suitable 5VDC source is the ONLY way to charge. And that is also how you can use it in "pass thru" mode, either at home or with a good car adapter.

NO!! That will destroy the battery and maybe the charger. Charge ONLY via the bottom micro USB cable. That's where the internal charger is, the other end is ONLY OUTPUT to a coil.

:ohmy: I was told you could plug it up to the wall OR charge while driving using the pull USB. I must be really wrong

oh hexadecimals no. I thought about doing the same and then thought I should look at other peoples mess ups beforehand results were not pretty. I had the VV/VW V3 for a good while but didn't always keep it in a case so the wiring got all wonky and loose. It was my go to vaporizer. It only makes sense to think if you charge a battery one way you can't really charge it from the opposite direction. All batteries go a certain way in a charger. I hope you didn't try this at all besides becoming a $30-$40 dollar metal paperweight you also would have shorted out your fuse for the lighter in your car

Just got my iTaste vv V3.0 a week ago. I've been sweating the voltage vs. wattage settings non-stop. I'm a techno-nerd so I'm down with Ohm's law and the associated math. So, here I am changing out atty's, checking all the volt/watt charts available online. Fidgeting with the variable air-flow of a few of my tanks. Checking those results against a couple of tanks which do not offer variable air-flow. Adjusting voltages up or down with each tank/atty/juice combination. I actually even started making my own reference chart so I knew that if I was using X tank with Y Atty with Z juice then I required X volts to produce the optimum vape. So then, being the thorough sort of dork I am, I switched to variable watts mode to commence pioneering scientific discovery once again. Certainly, I'd need more data to add to my personal reference charts. GUESS WHAT?? I'm a complete dope, that's what. It took all of 5 minutes to discover that using the variable watts mode produced the best vape regardless of atty, tank, juice, flow, etc... Set it and forget it. My most sincere hope is that I have wasted only my time; perhaps allowing you to do something more valuable with yours. Good day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread