100% VG juice project

Status
Not open for further replies.

ags79

Jun 18, 2018
Ive experimented mixing juice with PG and VG and I want to make a 100% VG juice that has the flavor of a Butterfinger candy bar. I was wondering if there's anyone who has experience mixing and making 100% VG juice that can give me some tips before I start the project. I've read that VG has to be heated up to allow better absorption of the flavors and also the flavor percentages have to be a bit higher than normal mixes. Are there any specifics to this?

For the flavors I was thinking of using the VG concentrates from real flavors.com if you have any flavor recommendations for a good Butterfinger mix that are vg based that would be awesome!

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Heating may save you a few days steeping but .... you are gambling. Heat may effect your mix adversely. Suggest try w/o heat so you will know what your new mix should taste like, then heat if you must.
Hopefully some member can give you a spot on recipe in VG. If not, best bet is buy flavors close to known PG flavors and adapt. Could try something along the lines of Bill's:
DIY recipe: Butterfinger
Caramel - 8%
Peanut Butter - 6%
Cotton Candy - 2%
Double Chocolate - 1.5%
Milk Chocolate - 1.5%
Vanilla Swirl - 1%
Sweetener - 1%

Almond Joy
Coconut Extra - 8%
Toasted Almond - 6%
English Toffee- 3%
Milk Chocolate - 3%
Sweetener - 4%

Mounds Bar
Milk Chocolate - 6%
Kona Coffee - 2%
Coconut Candy - 2%
Sweetener - 4%
Whipped Cream - 2%
Dark Double Chocolate - 4%

Peanut Butter Cup
Dark double Chocolate - 2%
Milk Chocolate - 4%
Peanut Butter - 4%
Caramel - 4%
Sweet Cream - 2%
Vanilla Swirl - 2%
Sweetener - 2%

Snickers
Dark Double Chocolate - 5%
Milk Chocolate - 2%
Caramel - 5%
Bavarian Cream - 3%
Peanut Butter - 2%
Sweet Cream - 2%
Sweetener - 3.5%

I wanted to put these all together so we can see how similar the ingredients are for all of them, as you would suspect, right? I love candy bars, and these make wonderful breaks during our vaping day. I would love to add to my candy bar collection, so if you have a recipe to share, I would be very grateful. Some the candy bars can be made with ingredients other than TFA. I think Flavor West has several flavorings for candy bars, and I do recommend them. However, I'm trying to stick just to TFA flavors here.

The fun thing about these candy bars is you can see that it would be easy to make your own candy bar, with similar ingredients, and it's likely to be just as good, and you can flavor to taste. Good luck!

Maybe pies next????
re:The Flavor Apprentice Flavoring Thread - Chocolate Candy Bars | E-Cigarette Forum
Bill's Magic Vapor's blog
re: List of PG-free Flavour Concentrates.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread