Status
Not open for further replies.

Maurice Pudlo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 27, 2013
United States
I'm sort of pondering the potential of a 15mm mechanical mod based on the Efest IMR 10440 350mAh battery.

Something like this;
p1030889x.jpg

I can't seem to find a solid list of batteries maximum continuous discharge amp ratings though.

I believe the efest IMR 10440 350mAh is able to do 3A, but I am unsure in a very big way, help would be great.

Maurice

Picture original located here hxxp://www.vaporwall.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=65&t=4932&sid=34cd198b1cd0d546d53c2e4ee3c9d04c

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Hmmmm. Cute mod, but how practical would it be? 350 mAh? I mean, really? Battery life is going to suck, and voltage sag is going to be terrible with such a small battery. You'll be lucky to get a couple of hours of decent vaping from one battery.

Asking for the battery's amp rating makes me wonder what you plan on putting on top of the mod? If you are considering anything under 1.5 ohms, forget it.

Consider this to be a novelty mod, not an everyday practical mod.

Last edited:

rondasherrill

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 19, 2012
Valhalla
The 10440 mechs are GREAT stealth mods, if you are okay with a normal 2 ohm 8 watt power when you are stealth vaping. I wouldn't mind getting one of these for stealthing.

However, if you want it to be a regular use mod, remember that they have about the same battery life as a cigalike, maybe slightly more. They will not put out any great amount of power.

According to THIS, 3A is about the maximum, but at 3A, you would be looking at about a 5 minute battery life.

Efest%20IMR10440%20V1%20350mAh%20(Black)-CapacityTime.png

DaPopeLP

Sep 3, 2014
United States
Hmmmm. Cute mod, but how practical would it be? 350 mAh? I mean, really? Battery life is going to suck, and voltage sag is going to be terrible with such a small battery. You'll be lucky to get a couple of hours of decent vaping from one battery.

Asking for the battery's amp rating makes me wonder what you plan on putting on top of the mod? If you are considering anything under 1.5 ohms, forget it.

Consider this to be a novelty mod, not an everyday practical mod.

See, even I sometimes think its crazy to go over stated amp :p.

Seriously though, if you wanted a tiny stealth vape, if I am not mistaken there is batteries with similar specs but much shorter.

Maurice Pudlo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 27, 2013
United States
Hmmmm. Cute mod, but how practical would it be? 350 mAh? I mean, really? Battery life is going to suck, and voltage drop is going to be terrible with such a small battery.

Yes, really :facepalm:

I'm thinking closer to 1.8 or even 2.0 ohms, it would be for my mother, she currently smokes 2 maybe 3 cigarettes a day, so battery life really isn't much of a concern.

Here is a thread on a rather nice 10440 based mod;
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/super-t-manufacturing/338322-best-looking-rba-p-10-a.html

Your usually really helpful, you okay today? I really mean that too.

Maurice

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Your usually really helpful, you okay today? I really mean that too.

Maurice
I always try to be helpful. It's only when people become stubborn and ignorant and don't listen to reason that pisses me off sometimes. Especially when it is a safety issue. You haven't done that....yet. ;)

If it was me, I'd work on something with a better battery like an 18350 IMR. I've never used anything smaller than a 14500 mod, and the performance with that was pretty poor with a standard resistance carto.

Now, using an 18350 battery offers better performance than a 14500 battery. I still use a Smoktech Gripper when I stealth vape at the movies. I can get genuine 6 - 7 good hours vape time with the 700 mah battery, and it has a 6 amp continuous rating for what that's worth. And you can't beat the $8 price at Mad Vapes.

gripper-mod-smoktech-18350.jpg TinyTank.jpg Gripper5.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread