12 hours into Vaping !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

arik4k

Aug 3, 2011
israel
well i wanted so bad to make a thread like this one, after i read really inspiring theards about stopping smoking.

well 12 hours into vaping my joye ego, 1st lemme say i smoke a 26mg dekang ry4 which is nice, but i really feel like if i was eating nicotine gum when smoking it.

i feel like it is easier than i imagined to stop smoking i smoke around 2 packs a day, i didn't mean to smoke but i found myself the minute i started vaping not wanting to smoke anymore and it simply ended, and i didn't touch a regular cigarette since.

wow amazing, hopefully i won't come back to analogs ever again !!! my wife is super happy and thank god for this forum and the ppl who helped me stop.

izabella

ECF Veteran
Jul 2, 2011
in my body in the Windy city
Congratulations and welcome to ECF!

Don't be surprised if your taste buds start to change on you and the flavors you like today aren't doing it for you anymore. The good news is there are a lot of awesome vendors and flavors to try! The bad news is there are a lot of awesome flavors to try...your credit card will be smoking instead of you.

Don't forget to drink lots of water!

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
Grats!! And yeah they are amazing! I smoked for decades, 1.5 PAD and more, and was too hooked/scared to even try any other quitting method because I know how quickly I can obsess about needing a cigarette. I bought the gum and never opened it, I bought Chantix and procrastinated a year and never tried it. But I started vaping and stopped smoking immediately. And it just gets better when you find juices you really love.

Some tips -

drink plenty of fluids - vaping can be drying

if your mouth gets sore, try lower nicotine and/or juices with some VG in them (atomizers I use 20-50% VG, and cartomizers I use 20% or less for good drag and wicking). SOme Vg will smooth the vape at the cost of a bit of the flavor and TH, but adding more visible vapor. Nicotine is a skin irritant and the VG seems to reduce irritation from vapor.

smell the vapor - much of flavor is in the aroma

If you get liquid on your hands, wash them before touching your face. You can get dry irritated skin patches if you get nicotine on you

if you feel a bit worn down, take some vitamins to help get over the 4000 chemicals (now including carpet glue) in cigarettes

If you get a headache or rapid/irregular heartbeat or lightheaded after vaping a lot that is typical when you get too much nicotine. Lay off vaping for 15-30 minutes and then take it easy on the vaping for a while, and consider getting some lower nic juice for when you are vaping alot. or do what I do and leave the ecigs in another room. After about 6-8 weeks of vaping I actually worked to lower my nicotine so now I can vape a lot when I occasionally want to and not get a headache.

Some people find it easier to sleep if they use lower nicotine juices in the evening. I am the opposite - I vape hard right before bed and go to sleep relaxed and satisfied. Depends on the person.

Pay attention to how different juices make you feel. If any give you analog craving, set those aside and find some more of the kind that don't. The ones that make you feel satisfied and relaxed are the ones that make sticking with vaping even easier. At 6 weeks I started bringing back the flavors that I have issues with before and now I can vape any kind of flavor (and some people can vape any flavor from the start and be satisfied)

Last edited:

Luvmydogs

Aug 16, 2011
Texas
Hey :) Gratz!! Do not be discouraged if you pick up an analog here and there, though. The last thing you want to do is feel like you Can't have a regular cigarette-it will only make you want one more, and kinda piss you off, lol. After just a few days of vaping/mostly vaping, an analog is going to not taste right-wait and see.

Some people never feel the urge to pick up another stick of tobacco, but most of us still have "THE HABIT"-it can take a bit to break that habit, stepping out of the groove we dug for ourselves over, usually, Many years. Vaping gets rid of the nicotine craving, the absolute worst part of quitting, but habits can be harder to break. One of the best parts about vaping is that it continues to taste good, while analogs just taste worse and worse. The only time I personally have left that is difficult is after everyone has gone to bed, and I want my 'reward' at the end of the day-a perfectly quiet bathtub; hot, hot water, a good book, a coke, and a smoke, with no one calling my name for a darn thing, lol.

Even with the 12 analogs I have had in the last 3 days, I am feeling fantastic about how I am doing-compared to 2 1/2 PAD for the last ~30-odd years :)

Konalady

Jul 28, 2011
Hawaii
Just adding my encouragement! I'm 3 weeks in and have no desire for analogs. I have 2 packs of smokes and a lighter in my desk drawer, and it isn't at all tempting to me. I keep it there, knowing I have the option might be a good thing, knowing it's my choice. But vaping is SO much better tasting, there's no desire to light up. I didn't intend to quit analogs so quickly, but already I find them nasty, that's just how it went for me. After many decades of smoking, I'm amazed at how easy this transition is going. This forum offers such great information and support, you've found the right place! Happy vaping!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread