12 mg is killing me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cptfunpants

ECF Veteran
Jul 30, 2012
VA
I just found out something cool I thought you guys might enjoy. I used to vape 18mg juice less than 3 months ago. I have since stepped myself down to 6mg this past month from 12mg. I just got an order from MBV today and got a free sample of their watermelon juice. I filled my iClear30 up with it and started to vape and could not stop coughing, I looked at the bottle and saw the sample was 12mg. Has anyone noticed themselves have a change this drastic this quickly? It tastes great but it is unvapable due to the strength now. Do you think it's likely that I've had a change this fast or do you think it is more likely that they may have mislabeled the juice and it's stronger than 12mg?

CommaHolly

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2012
Plant City, FL
Have you noticed any taste difference at all with 0mg nic? I have yet to try 0mg and I really don't remember what the others tasted like. I don't have two different strengths of the same juice to compare.

I think I'm a little strange,,,,

I SMOKED 2 packs a day,,,,,,,,,,that's a lot of nic,,

but I never could stand more than 8mg of nic when vaping,,,,,,,,too peppery. Why, I don't know,,,

for me, the flavor got better with every drop of nic, because I don't care for the tast of the nic.

Ohms Lawbreaker

ECF Veteran
Jan 18, 2014
Right Behind You
Have you noticed any taste difference at all with 0mg nic? I have yet to try 0mg and I really don't remember what the others tasted like. I don't have two different strengths of the same juice to compare.

Yeah, I need at least a little nic in there still. Cutting back slowly is pretty easy and yeah a low tolerance can make high doses brutal.

Cptfunpants

ECF Veteran
Jul 30, 2012
VA
Yeah, I need at least a little nic in there still. Cutting back slowly is pretty easy and yeah a low tolerance can make high doses brutal.

Is that little bit of nic required due to the fact you crave it? Or is it taste related? I don't want to place an order of 0mg nic and find that it tastes terrible lol.

Susan W.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 30, 2013
Torrance, CA
I started at 18mg and dropped to 12mg after about two months. I only stayed at 12mg for about a month before going to 6mg. I've been at 6mg for about 6 months. I'm trying to drop to 3mg by mixing 6mg and 0mg of the same flavor but haven't been too successful. I can't do 12mg anymore. It's just too high now. I have not tasted 0mg alone so I don't know if it's different.

Ken_A

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2013
Florida
For anyone who has problems lowering the nic... You might need it.
Every time I have gone from 6 to 3, I start feeling tired and out of sorts. My ADD flares up. Went a month that way... Then went to 0 and got depressed.
Went to 12 and could not vape for long, but after a couple of hours, the depression went away.
I stick between 4 and 6 with no issues now... Unless I get under a lot of stress and I up my nic to counteract the feelings of distraction and depression.
I COULD get an anti-depressant and some riddlyn to counteract the ADD and depression instead of vape... But who wants all THOSE side effects?

somdfisher

ECF Veteran
I bought a 12mg juice from a vape shop a couple weeks ago in a 15ml bottle. I loved it so I had someone swing by the vape shop because they live near it, and I am 2 hours away, to grab a 30ml of it. They only had 6 and 18. Since I had just dropped to 12 from 18 I figured 18 would be fine. It doesn't taste the same and I get a chemical taste from it now.

beckdg

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
TN
I just found out something cool I thought you guys might enjoy. I used to vape 18mg juice less than 3 months ago. I have since stepped myself down to 6mg this past month from 12mg. I just got an order from MBV today and got a free sample of their watermelon juice. I filled my iClear30 up with it and started to vape and could not stop coughing, I looked at the bottle and saw the sample was 12mg. Has anyone noticed themselves have a change this drastic this quickly? It tastes great but it is unvapable due to the strength now. Do you think it's likely that I've had a change this fast or do you think it is more likely that they may have mislabeled the juice and it's stronger than 12mg?

on your next order, put your preference in the notes section on the order page. their house mix is 80% pg, 20% pg and either 12mg/ml or 18mg/ml. it's basically what they always send. lately i've been putting my preference in the notes section and they mix me up my 36mg/ml @ 80% VG. i can now actually use the samples.

eMats

ECF Veteran
Jan 4, 2014
United States
Some of you may consider your intolerance to nic a byproduct of having better equipment. Better gear gives you better vapes and in turn you won't require as much mg. I started at 24, then went to 18. My equipment is so advanced now that I can get by with 12mg but I do notice that I use more liquid. When I was at 24, I'd use 30 ml every 2 months - now 2 weeks. There's a give and take here. For me, I want to go back up to 18, have a toke or 2 and shut it down for that session as my nic cravings are over. Never could do that with cigs though, gotta smoke the whole thing or I'd be wasting. Right now, I do approximately 4 tokes of 12 to satisfy me. I'm trying to cut down as liquid can get expensive too - not only mods and accessories.

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
I did zero nic exclusively for months and these days sometimes use it. I like the taste and the bite, but also the relaxed pickup it gives me. The clean, smooth flavor of zero nic is nice too though. Lets the subtle flavors in the juice come out more. I used to vape 18 mg when I started. Now I never go above ~4 mg in RBAs because of the over-nic symptoms, probably about the equivalent of 6 or 7 mg in clearos. I can taste it from about 2 mg.

Jonathan Tittle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2013
Johnson City, TN, USA
xanderjuice.com
I started at 18mg, dropped to 15mg in 2 weeks, dropped to 12mg in 2 months and have pretty much stuck with 12mg for the past year. I'm on the verge of dropping down to 10mg and I plan on dropping to 8mg since I drip most of the day, but it'll be a while. I like the throat hit I get from the Nicotine and going too low too quick seems to diminish it.

dchest02

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2012
Muskegon, MI
I mix juice for a couple of my friends, and they all vape 18 mg or 24 mg, I vape 6 mg, but I absolutely will not give them a new flavor without taste testing it first. Yeah, 24 mg when you're used to 6 mg is like smoking a whole pack of cigarettes at once. Two puffs and I'm done for a couple hours.

jersey_emt

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 26, 2009
New Jersey, USA
www.whichgun.com
I started out with 18mg for everything, but soon after went with 18mg for tobacco flavors and 12mg for everything else.

I spent a lot of time at that level -- 18mg tobacco / 12mg all else.

Right now I am at 12mg for everything, but have already started dropping down to 6mg for many flavors. I expect that in a couple of months I will be down to 12mg for tobacco flavors and 6 mg for everything else.

Then a few months after that I hope to be at 6mg for everything. From there I'm not sure.

solace.discord

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2011
Southern Maine
started off at 24mg, then to 18, now to 12 during the day and 6mg when I get home after work.

I'm sure I could get away with 6mg all day, but I can only vape at work on break and walking down the long hallway to the ladies, so I keep 12mg for during the day.

mixed down my higher nic stash- can't do 18 anymore.. and 24 would probably hurt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread