Tight budget mods

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkhood

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 22, 2012
PA
So I've come into a lil bit of $ recently but am a tightwad at heart and wanna continue my search for quality PV's flying under the radar at the lower end of the spectrum. Basically, I want a new PV but don't wanna give in to the temptation to buy the ones I've been lusting after all these months (Provari, GG, Poldiac, Reo, Silver Bullet, etc) even though I can right now. I KNOW it's what I should do but I just can't bring myself to blow that much $ at once only to be let down when the thing doesn't turn into a lightsaber when I push the button....not saying it's rational, just how I am.

So, what I'm looking for is any replaceable batt mod that's worth it's weight in gold to its fans that's UNDER $70 and preferably takes 18350 batts as I already have a bunch and don't wanna buy anymore if I don't have to. I've looked at the China GG, Xcalibur and Paladin, smoktech natural and some others but would prefer a VV mod and am currently contemplating just buying another Ovale V8 for backup and a cheapie mech mod to have as backup for that...The squire for ex is like $15.

So if anyone has any suggestions of stuff I should be looking at... btw I'm aware of most mods I think that are out there in this range like the bolt, gripper, vamo, lavatube, etc, I'm looking for stuff I haven't yet come across - obscure mods welcome but I'd prefer it be available here in the states.

Thx in advance for any suggestions :D

bfitz

ECF Veteran
Feb 2, 2013
ohio
I have most of the more affordable mods mentioned here (bolt, vamo, and the china GG) and say just pick your poison between those. I dig all of them, although the GG is the newest so it gets the most attention right now. It will take an 18350 but I have to take off the silver extender that came with it to make it work that way. That being said I really like the bolt with a low res carto. Simple and works great. It's nice and small so it can go anywhere and even though it isn't shiny (I got a red one) and doesn't have a ton of bells on it it just works great. Madvapes has the plastic bolt on sale for $12 right now. I have the regular bolt (aluminum?) so I can't say anything about the plastic's quality but for that price you could get a couple and still be way ahead price wise. Happy hunting.

darkhood

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 22, 2012
PA
Thanks for the replies, leaning towards the UDT-L at the moment but it's sold out :glare: I'll have to buy it from smokerevolt if I can't wait. Either way it's rly cheap so I'm currently hunting down box mods that take 18350's but there doesn't seem to be any under $100 - only one I found so far is the V8 which I already have 2 of, the rest take 14500's...argh :evil: Not rly into the dildo mods btw so the vamo's out for me I think, the UDT-L is dildoish enough, 1's plenty :D

This thing looks cool, wish they took 18350's... a juice box that took an 18350 for $50 is my current wishlist :)

wetbox.jpg

Last edited:

cloudbringer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 3, 2013
Istanbul
I got a vamo with a wee boaby in my hand right now and am real happy with it. to think about it the boaby cart tank cost more than the vamp.

the VW is great for nice hot vapor. crank it up to 9-10 watts and you got a nice steamy tape. on a price to performance ratio it is probably tops on my list

Last edited:

darkhood

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 22, 2012
PA
I actually tried to sell my UDT-L and no one wanted it, so I sold something else and kept the UDT-L as back up.

I am glad I did, it's a nice device for 20 bucks

I love the looks and it's super cheap - def getting one of those. So ...... at ecigsepress right now...they sent me a horribly watered down bottle of my "adv" flavor :offtopic:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread