18650 Battery won't charge and dies even if not using.

Status
Not open for further replies.

stevegmu

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 10, 2013
6992 kilometers from home...
How could it be firing? it was off. Is it possible for it to fire anyway? is it possible for the coil if built improperly to keep drawing power?

Anything is possible with some mods. Some mods have auto fired until the battery vented. No. the coil only draws power if it is getting electrical current, through the press of the button, or chip/board failure causing an auto fire event...

Reactions: newbieguy123

newbieguy123

Sep 5, 2015
Anything is possible with some mods. Some mods have auto fired until the battery vented. No. the coil only draws power if it is getting electrical current, through the press of the button, or chip/board failure causing an auto fire event...

So I just took the tank off and put in my spare battery, leaving just the rba section on. I don't see any little bits of vapor coming out, don't hear any noise. seems like there aren't any issues with auto firing unless it had something to do with the battery (which is preferable rather than the $80 mod having a problem) or it doesn't constantly do it, maybe just sometimes.. This is so confusing. I'm afraid I'm gonna ruin it.

newbieguy123

Sep 5, 2015

Also it seems like the battery that was having issues is slowly charging, every few minutes the volatage will go up by .1. it is now at 3.55v it was at 3.48 like 20 or 30 minutes ago.

stevegmu

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 10, 2013
Also it seems like the battery that was having issues is slowly charging, every few minutes the volatage will go up by .1. it is now at 3.55v it was at 3.48 like 20 or 30 minutes ago.

Could be the battery is ok then. I'd watch the mod closely, though...

newbieguy123

Sep 5, 2015
Could be the battery is ok then. I'd watch the mod closely, though...

What kind of things should I look out for that are warning signs of a problem with the mod, or the battery? As much as I wanna hope it was just the other battery that got focked somehow, I also don't wanna have the .......n thing blow up in my face.

stevegmu

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 10, 2013
What kind of things should I look out for that are warning signs of a problem with the mod, or the battery? As much as I wanna hope it was just the other battery that got focked somehow, I also don't wanna have the ........ thing blow up in my face.

If it gets hot or makes a whistling sound. You don't have an ammo box, do you? If so, I'd keep it in there at night...

newbieguy123

Sep 5, 2015
If it gets hot or makes a whistling sound. You don't have an ammo box, do you? If so, I'd keep it in there at night...

You mean a battery case? Yes I do. Waterproof too. I was thinking I would charge them on the separate charger from now on and not dick with the pass through just in-case that is the problem.

Reactions: stevegmu

stevegmu

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 10, 2013
You mean a battery case? Yes I do. Waterproof too. I was thinking I would charge them on the separate charger from now on and not dick with the pass through just in-case that is the problem.

I was thinking more like an old steel ammunition box. I wouldn't trust onboard charging with these devices and would take the batteries out at night or when carrying around and put them in a plastic battery box...

newbieguy123

Sep 5, 2015
I was thinking more like an old steel ammunition box. I wouldn't trust onboard charging with these devices and would take the batteries out at night or when carrying around and put them in a plastic battery box...

Lol well I don't have an ammunition box, but I'm sure I can find something to put her in. What do you mean by onboard charging, you mean the separate charger? I thought you said it was possible that the charger I was using was an issue, and I have been using the microusb pass though...

stevegmu

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 10, 2013
Lol well I don't have an ammunition box, but I'm sure I can find something to put her in. What do you mean by onboard charging, you mean the separate charger? I thought you said it was possible that the charger I was using was an issue, and I have been using the microusb pass though...

Oh, I thought you were using a separate charger. I wouldn't use the pass through feature, or micro USB to charge. These have been notorious for having problems...

newbieguy123

Sep 5, 2015
Oh, I thought you were using a separate charger. I wouldn't use the pass through feature, or micro USB to charge. These have been notorious for having problems...

Damn, that sucks. But I will take your advice. Thank you! I will post here again if I continue to have issues. Right now im being a little risky using my only spare battery and I'm gonna try to do the things you mentioned.

Reactions: stevegmu
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread